What is fun in BR4-5 games?

So why not join the spam?

Being BR III and wiping them with “inferior” equipment is the fun in IV-V games

I run into the same shit with my BRII lineup, you can still cycle cas with virtually the same payload as BRV, it just takes longer to rearm, or not if you just suicide cycle. Soviets has squad wiping auto weapons from BRII upwards, and everyone has them at III, MP40 etc.

Greyzone tanks are just as oppressively in low tier, hell stuff like the PzIII N with the insane reload short 75mm is probably more punishing to infrantry than a king tiger. And again for greyzone bombs from a plane don’t really discriminate between tiers.

The only difference in higher BRs is all your troops have access to good automatic weapons rather than just MG and assaulters and honestly that levels the playing field if anything and makes more squads competitive. Having an engineer squad with FG2’s vs SMG spam in either bracket is sure a whole hell of a lot better than fighting SMG and HMGs with bolt action or godawful early semis.

1 Like

basically this
although BR5 matches are more likely to have more experienced players with more squads/gear/slots, so the fighting is more intense IMO
(although I’ve been stuck in matchmaker shadow realm, forever sent to BR2 germany lol)

My fun in Br 5, is THANKS to cas and tank spam. Because I like to play fighters.

As for tanks themselves, I loved measuring myself to those dreaded KT(H) yesterday with Is2 1944, an winning (smarts win the day… and good reverse speed plus cover :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

You really don’t need to go BR4-5 to find such apes

HaHA i HAvE 9 meN sQuAD 3 IMPACT grEnaDES EacH

4 Likes

Fortunately I rarely see those apes in low BR matches (less that 5% I’d say). Most of the time it’s a nice pew pew bayonet in the guts experience.

34 kills with just 1 squad 9x3 rinse and repeat

I guess don’t hate the ape, hate the game

2 Likes

pretty piss poor effort really, only 34 kill from 27 grens and 27 noob tubes
Dose this mean that the gloves are off, and i can go play like above? :rofl:

1 Like

Nothing unless you are a masochist or xp slave

You can have a ton of good guns in t2. Mp 40, pps 43, mg 13, cowboy rifle, mannlicher m93, lanchester, bren and much more

Go BR III all armies and check the pick random side(underdog usually) button for the widest variety of maps and challenge.

1 Like

Then I guess I’m just unlucky.
Though playing with BR2-3 gear vs BR4-5 probably doesn’t help.

1 Like

With regards to what is fun, fun would be the devs making some open wide maps for all the APC’s they introduced to tight clogged locations.

2 Likes

I’d say that less clutter is more important than bigger maps.
Due to trees and bomb craters, offroad driving is very annoying/inefficient. And roads often are full of random debrees that also make it hard to manouver (like the search lights / generators we all know and love).

2 Likes

Clutter has its place in certain terrain, whereas the lack of larger operational area detracts from the basic dynamic function of the large amount of personnel carriers just introduced.

2 Likes

Yeah, but larger maps won’t solve anything is they consist mostly of bomb craters and tank traps.

Ppl: want larger maps to flank with vehicles
Devs: release a big map with multiple layers of dragon teeth across it and claim they listen to the feedback

Don’t even suggest the Sigfried line lol. That moscow mist would really change the ardennes maps. I’m fine in BR 4-5 w/ BR3 gear, I think the matchmaker is waiting for more players before it can do a proper separation of ratings. Players should check the pick random side button its rather interesting. :saluting_face:

1 Like

Those are usually br3 griefers since they can’t dunk their antics on br1-2 noobs when they got uptiered.

vehicle spam is an issue though, since suicide bombing is quicker and more effective score-wise.

welcome to the party, that is what endgame stuff are meant to be (maybe not the paras)

Literally just got another match where I rolled BR3 russians for the team that already would win easily
The german team was basically just new players and they got completely destroyed by SVT-38/PPS-43 mix I had
I also was queueing as BR2 germany. It might have been a decent match if it put me on the german team
there is no reason to matchmaking
it just shoves people into matches basically at random