Weapon Wood customization

Enlisted has many guns, and some of those guns are the same but with different varatitions of itself, those being for example the K98k with its grenade launcher varients, mag varients and so on and the MP34 in the japanese tree called the S1-100, but what makes these variations different is the wood textures that is used for the weapons.

Obviously some of these textures are made for the varients to make them distinguish from other variatints of the weapon so as i think to help players spot that the weapon is a grenade launcher, however i feel like that at some point all the varients of one weapon used to use the same texture. So i tought the other week, why not make it so that we could have the ability to pick what wood our weapon stocks could use?

So i came up with a little suggestion: Should perhaps players have the choice to customize they’re wood stocks based on existing weapon variations that players have unlocked of a weapon?

1 Like

But why would you ever change that beautiful walnut wood?

1 Like

Definitely a cool and fitting type of customization, I remember when I tested Heroes and Generals this type of customization was part of the game.

Well, not that I dare to speak anything positive about that pile of trash game, but that specific type of customization was really cool.

There are alot of great looking wood finishings.

This has been suggested a few times:

https://forum.enlisted.net/en/t/weapon-customization-concept-idea/23204

From what I understand its impossible to implement with how the game works at the moment. It would probably just be easier to implement different versions of the guns with the different ““skins””.

Sounds a bit silly to generate more versions of weapon just becouse they are going to have a different wood type just adding more space to the game that’s all, if that’s the case then perhaps there could be Event weapons of other factions weapons instead. But i feel like they should have a system by now that’d they be able to swap out texture of weapons by a click a button

But im sure Darkflow has they’re reasons.

I have no idea how the game has been designed internally, so I really don’t know how hard it would be. All I know is that I have heard that adding such a system would be really difficult. Spaghetti code or otherwise.

It won’t be difficult.
Solution 1:
Use different textures for the same model, even custom mod can do this.
Solution 2:
Implement each customized component as a weapon accessory, like bayonets and scopes.
than visual custom can be achieved by slightly modifying the existing mechanism.

idk the birch lookin wood on the type 2a SMG is the one thing stopping me from using it on japan br2