Weapon Customization [Concept Idea]

A bit of Context:

greetings, i kinda wanted to talk about it since many comments has been made about it, but almost no threads.

when it comes to incomes of the game just like in many free to play, cosmetics plays a major role, and i think it would be cooler and something that i would like to see in enlisted as well.

so today, i would like to bring my suggestions about it.

DISCLAIMER: Some pictures due to technical issues and not having the right picture, might looks like misleading. as such, i’ll explain it down below. but please, don’t make any hasty conclusions. and keep in mind that it’s a concept idea, which doesn’t have to be followed 100%. but just the concept. and everything is trying to be realistic as possible without ending up with pink camo of S**t like that )
also, keep in mind that this is not a priority. just a view of i would like it to see and devs can look at it if they want once they have done with their priorities.

How would it work?

it’s simple.

it would work that the weapons can be fully customized by a few types of options, between:

Body/wood,
( which as you can see, players would be able to select different type of woods for their weapon. the last one should be engraved wood. which can varify to some datas to little raw draws to simulate made them with a knife from soldiers. not post war engraved rifle )

Metal,
just like the section above, here you can select different ( lore friendly if possible ) metals. how damaged it is, and skins with camouflages. ( the one showed, is just an example. it’s not historical accurate at all. and for the engravings, i’m somewhat against them, but we do have engraved chrome pistols… so i guess why not add an option for those who enjoy that type of stuff.)

And Accessories
( usually, it has to do with medals, bushes, covers, straps, lighters, cigarettes, chocolate and charms. not a huge fan of charms, but again, i have seen people asking for those, so why not. after all, more incomes for the game )

each weapon can be combined from different sets and /or rarity piece to make it more appealing for player’s liking. which speaking of, rarity define the price of the cosmetic or how rare it can be obtained.

and then, there are special accessories that cannot be bought, but obtained through special assignemnts. this is usually for event cosmetics, and above all, medals. " make x kills with this weapon " many ideas could be implemented :smiley:

the way those can be obtained, there could be few:
through logistics;
( like @KJW suggested Suggestion for Cosmetics and Things )

or like war thunder, through the marketplace/lootboxes ( not a fan of lootboxes… ).

and the general idea would look like:

so yeah, as mentioned before, there are 3 type of customization and sometimes ( as example sten guns, m3 sub machinegun or even ppks ) only 2 due to those not having wood parts.

anyway, it can be changed the wood/body of the weapon, the metal, and the last category, my favorite, accessories ( which 2 of those can be selected ).

now, accessories are something that are setted in fixed and specific location. cannot be moved around in order to avoid weird glitches or perhaps, put those somewhere else in places that are not supposed to be.

A few Examples:

( yes, i fucked up with the green screen. let’s not talk about that )

( this one, is from battlefield V which shouldn’t be replicated, but the general idea works as example. )

and the list could go on.

perhaps if you have specific models, feel free to post them in order to help devs understand better what the players want.

after all, it wouldn’t be " right " if only one post photos. i do not represent the whole community.

cheers.

15 Likes

OMG. What an idea. I would love to see this in game. Customization was always one of my weak point if I play with games, and this game is also deserves it. Especially the STG 44 camo is my favorite :smiley:

2 Likes

Please no, i dont want to see pink guns in Enlisted, and it is totally ahistorical thing to have camoflaged guns.

10 Likes

Or pay for metal instead of of wood in your wapons for boost wapons statistics

2 Likes
5 Likes

can’t you read?

otherwise, well, camouflage were a thing. perhaps not for all weapons,

but snipers, certain paratrooper weapons and even some soviet machineguns did had variants.

that’s why i said " realistic " and not historical. doesn’t have to be crazy. just more incomes for the game. ( probably the one i’ll ever spend on along side cosmetic for soldiers and vehicles. because i’d rather pay for cosmetics rather than equipment or advantages.

but, you are free to have your opinion.

2 Likes

I have mixed feelings.
Weapon customisation would be good, but in 90% of games it’s too much and too crazy. So I would rather have pre-made skins that look good and aren’t over the top. Also bush cammo is questionable.
But I’m probably biased as I like plane and crude looking things. Also when I think about customisation I always have ubisoft shit in front of my eyes. Utter disrespect for humanity.

Also, I’m really against customisation that allows you to have a medal because you bought it. They should have a meaning, not be shiny trinkets.
[I’ll leave a link here unless I forget]

8 Likes

It was done by few snipers, even paras didnt camoflaged theyr weapons as it is something that is not necessary, at least i have never seen any photo with camoflaged Para weapons. But it is not something done by everyone, as it add weight and almost no pros for you.

yeah, i complealty agree.

which thanks for the heads up, but medals along side some other varients should be Earned through challenge and stuff. not bought like that.

II’ll change it in a moment.

1 Like

behold my pink shock ppsh44 with zero two on the stock.

2 Likes

great concept, probably the customization is gonna be exactly like this.

1 Like

I would also sugest skins with “kill counter”. Things like cuts on the wood that represent the longest killstreak with that weapon.
Similarly to this:

(I feel kind of guilty when I link my stuff to other peoples’ threads but I’m not going to rewrite it so sry.)

1 Like

Camo on sodiers/weapons etc. works well in Heroes and Generals…there’s no any “pinky” 'shiny" skin there, and everythings goin well.
I have never seen so many haters anywhere, except on this forum xD

i think resloving this is very easy, put an option to turn off every skin in your game, if you want to see the skins great if dont want it turn it off.

3 Likes

( of course this is a joke, and something that MUST be avoided. coming from battlefield V… this weapons it’s more decorated than a general… )

1 Like

Good idea but I would make so it has 3 options to chose:

• all cammo
  • no cammo
  • historical cammo (certain cosmetiscs would be labeled as such)

Imo it would make everybody happy.

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be best option if they will ever add something like this in game.

Have you ever been on WT forums? Imo they are even worse than Enlisted. xD

1 Like

You reminged me of golden engraved MG42 with muzzle brake.
Oh God, I have to take my meds, quickly.

1 Like

with this option the could even make a “dlc” for create you own personal skin, that would be a dream for me.

1 Like