Weapon sounds upgrade

Love this

1 Like

can you please make the gun sounds, sound like they are real guns, i find that the “gunshot” sound is much too long

But they will please me. Love me some good sound work… good stuff

then what was the point of this blog? yall are sleazy

1 Like

Springfield shot sound should be totally replaced. I hear there is only a change to the echo after the shot and in reload, and the Springfield itself still lets out this weird loud “PFFTSSS” instead of a proper bang like Kar98 does. It just needs a different recording that sounds like an actual gunshot, not a loud blow of pressured gas let out from a valve.

5 Likes

The new sound on Kar98k - bullets clinking on loading - sounds so freaking perfect, I will play with early weapons just to hear it every battle. It sounded just the same as when I was loading a real Kar on a shooting range in real life. Don’t ever remove it after this update :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

EDIT - wait, it was Springfield bullets in the video - I was watching on a miniature screen and confused Springfield with Kar cause the gun breech looks similar. Well, I hope the clinking is going to be added to Kar98 as well.

Just as important, really.

I still have the wild hope they will redo bad reload animations for: mp43, fg42II and avt40.

Those “punch the magazine out” animations look absolutely ridiculous, very call of duty esque.

But today, I’ll just enjoy that we finally have working g41!

8 Likes

What’s wrong about AVS? From the Russian semi-autos, I think the weirdest sound is on the SVT-40, the echo just after the shot sounds like a muffled burp.

2 Likes

I think it’s really quiet
Much quieter than other soviet guns

It’s true.

It’s why in Enlisted, the svt38 and svt40 are my least liked semis, when they shoot, it lacks some kind of “oomph”.

Sad because they’re my favourite in many other games…

Maybe one day devs will make them sound better.

2 Likes

I hope that reload animation of the StG44 with bullets left in the mag gets fixed. When you don’t shoot out all the bullets and reload an MP-43, the soldier just switches the mag, but when bullets remain in StG-44, the soldier wastes time on pulling back the bolt after switching the mag, which is technically incorrect, tell me if I’m wrong. These two guns should not differ when it comes to the reload cycle, I think?

ngl at first i barely notice any difference in those springfield and arasaka gun but when i hear the reload DAM i love it

1 Like

Gewehr 41 - The animation is very good but too slow. As a result, the weapon is still not very profitable. Why can’t a soldier hold 4 cartridges in his hand at once? and put them on quickly? There is progress but too little. Such a ZH29 is much more profitable because it has a faster reload.

1 Like

Zh-29 will most likely be higher BR.

Id imagine stripper clips and slow reload would allow certain semi autos to have a lower BR.

Now i love g41 regardless, but it may benefit from BR yet

3 Likes

Weapon reloads in general are already absurdly fast in this game. If anything I’d say they need to slow down most reloads by at least 2-3 seconds, but I know a lot of people on the forums would lose it at the thought.

If you want a faster reload: just reload after 5 rounds or fire off the entire magazine so that you don’t have to deal with individual bullets.

3 Likes

yea that a strategy i use if the gun have different reload

There’s another important detail with the g41, that will give it an advantage over the zh.

You will always have a full magazine with each reload (unless you stop the animation with fire key).

With magazine reloaded weapons, once you switched enough magazines, you don’t have full ones left. You might reload a zh magazine with only 6 bullets in for example.

The g41 might take a bit more time, but you will ALWAYS be prepared when popping off a corner. Always.

(Plus, it’s elegant and more accurate than the ZH. It has less dispersion.)

(@Myrm1don how do you like the ZH? I know it’s supposed to be great, but I never got able to aim properly with it somehow…)

1 Like

Honestly i like dying from suicide plane and do it myself

1 Like

All weapon reloads in this game are TOO FAST if anything

4 Likes

Exactly, I was thinking the same. There are such animations in Battlefield V and 1 and they feel like something a soldier would do. Reaching for single bullet each time makes no sense when there are just 4 of them to load at once, a soldier would just grab the number of shells he needed. Also it would be cool if there was an animation of pushing only a part of ammo from the clip and taking the clip back into the pocket (also seen this in other games)