Weapon Customization [Concept Idea]

I think you are misunderstanding my point.

I think that realistic changes to the wood and metal, alongside possible camouflage patterns and brush coverings, also any engravings or etchings that a soldier might put on is fine, and some accessories you mentioned like straps or covers.

I think things like charms or stickers or medals seem overboard and just enters the territory of being like other arcade shooters like CoD or Battlefield. Lighters, cigarettes, and chocolates would not go on the weapon, maybe some could go on the uniform (probably not chocolates) but I think saying to put it on the weapon is too much.

4 Likes

actually i want a pink and white mp40 plz gib gajin

no

What is shame now is that troops dont have division patches and theyr ranks as it was advertised in 2020 devblogs. This is what i would like to see.

And where is 2nd Ranger Bat for Normandy?! :smiley:

indeed.

i used to love them as well.

but people over english and russian forum didn’t liked them that much.

hope to see them back when customization will be a thing.

perhaps for other nations as well.

What, why didnt they liked them? It looks much better than plain troopers we have now. And it is historical for US, as everyone had them.

there were a few threads speaking of how " innacurate " that was making the whole battlefield different with more units of different regiments fight in enlisted.

although, i remember only 2 of those. dunno how that could have heavely affected the game for everyone. i guess not many people " fighted back " about it.

one thread that i remember, was this one:

Wow, soo people that dont even play this game anymore, or at least are not active in forum changed this. I hope they will add it again in future, as those plain uniforms are much worse than having multiple divisions on one beach.

i hardly think it has been made through only one post.

but perhaps multiple. and as i mentioned, i don’t speak russian, so they could have played a role there as well.

or just like happened in the past, dev’s decision without anyone’s input.

nah a ppsh 44 pink shock would be better

What is PPSh 44?

41 my bad

idk why i always call it 44 from the time of waw

The only thing I would like to customize would be iron sights. Filing down the peep sights to not have the sights hindering your view would be a great option.

Just as how this idea is proposed in the OP, I could not agree in any way. Such weapon customizations can work in games like Wolfenstein, COD, BF in multiplayer mode, where deathmatch style prevails, where self-expression and personalization are somewhat important. Meanwhile, in the game like Enlisted hanging Iron Cross on weapon is a complete nonsense and unrealistic and unnecessary option that no one would even notice and evaluate. In the game so far, we already have huge mess with a uniform and equipment recreation, it would make such customization even more complicated.

However I would be in favor of a similar system that would allow for deeper modification of weapons parts. And the only cosmetic embellishment would be, say, battle scars on a gun, wear, rust marks, and so on.

Ps. Be careful what you ask for, because such things are the truest way for developers to monetize games even more.

1 Like

that’s the main point, innit?

but, perhaps a removable options for not historical camo ( just like war thunder ) could be a solution.

tbh, as i stated above, i’m more fore simple change of wood and perhaps metal.

something that i didn’t mentioned as i take my responsabilities, was a post made through many comments of other people as well.

but, since we have engraved chrome pistol, i’m not sure how much it’s going to stay that way.

again, as long some of those “funky” cosmetics are locked behind hard challenges or actual events/money, i thinkg it can be done.

thanks for the feedback.

Well the concept looks good for me, but not that much with that Iron cross on the gun.

Maybe there gotta be some things like wood selection as you said, or some kinda metal selections like it to be blued or matte finished and etc.

Matte

Blued

Anyway i like the concept. +1 from me

1 Like

as long some of those “funky” cosmetics are locked behind hard challenges or actual events/money, i thinkg it can be done.

By discarding all the unrealistic things, certain things could be unlocked precisely through achievements in the game, and the like. I really agree with that. Especially if, say, certain things aren’t achievable with gold, but are only possible during certain actions in the campaign while playing.

1 Like

I would add two things:

• historical customization filter (I see I’m not the only one proposing this), so that people who want more historical experience can enjoy the game like they did before.
  • more realistic customization, sorta “field armory” style, such as:
    • “sight adjustment” - imagine filing down the Beretta M38 front sight so that it’s a normal post, not that weird letter T, or filing the front sight of the PPSh-41 or the Breda Mod.30 so that they don’t obstruct the target at longer distances.
    • “custom stock” - for example having the front handguard of the BAR fitted with a custom vertical foregrip (like in the Red Orchestra 2 DLC - Rising Storm) to reduce hip fire spread and spread while moving. Or having a custom stock for your sniper rifle with a wooden cheek rest or the leather cheek pad for the sniper M1 Garand that was made during the war (or even just an improvised cloth cheek pad) to reduce moving of the reticle while aiming.
    • muzzle device - obviously only for guns that had flash hiders or muzzle brakes designed for them at the time. It would include the sniper M1 Garand with T-37 and M2 flash hiders, M1, M2 and M2A1 Carbines with M3 flash hider and M1 muzzle brake - maybe the brake could slightly reduce recoil, or maybe even an MP 43 with the Krummlauf (the 30° one as it was the only one produced in numbers larger than a couple of prototypes), although that might break the balance even with a big spread increase (35cm group at 100m) and damage reduction (going through a curved barrel would likely slow a bullet down).