We need Type 97 Chi-Ha and Type 97 Kai Shinhoto Chi-Ha in the regular Tech Tree!

The Type 97 Chi-Ha was the most widely produced Meduim Tank by the Japanese during WW2 coming in at a modest but significant figure of 1,162 examples made, the Chi-Ha and its variants made up nearly Half of the Imperial Japanese Army’s tank force.

The Type 97 Kai Shinhoto Chi-Ha was the most produced modification of this tank with a total of 930 examples made.

This might not seem like a lot but it is the most significant tank in terms of combat effectiveness that the Japanese produced during the war. As such the Type 97 Kai earned a fearsome reputation within the IJA and the USMC after the Battle of Corregidor where after a pair of Chi-Ha Kais turned the tide of many engagements, effectively winning the day for the Japanese; the media dubbed to the two tanks and their commanders, Tsuchida and Takaisha “The Tigers of Corregidor”. SENSHA: The Tigers of Corregidor

It is absurd that the two most successful Japanese tanks of the era have been relegated to a premium squad and an event. It would be ABSURD and GAME BREAKING if the T-34, M4 sherman or Tiger where event vehicles or if you could only buy them. Or if the M1 garand and K98k where only obtainable via battle pass or premium pruchase.

Who dicided it was a good idea to implemet Japans most relevant tank is such a shitty way?

11 Likes

inb4 those were Gaijin’s promoters who saw an opportunity to push people to pay for anything better than fucking 37mms back during campaign days

5 Likes

Ironically I was thinking the same exact thing earlier today

I agree. Standard issue equipment should be research tree.

Premium, event, gold order should be unique, rare, special

I think both Chi Has should be reimplemented into the research tree

2 Likes

Yeah, Japanese army without Chi-Ha is same as US army without M4 tanks.
It should be in the standard tree.

3 Likes