We need the old "matchmaking"

Man I’ve said from the get go that tweaking the preferred map system would’ve been better than War Thunder: Infantry Edition

1 Like

The thing I worry about is winning. And when in difficult games I like it even more. I also like it when I lose a game on the last ticket on the last point. Which is impossible to do with bots. In the last 2 years, 70% of the games I’ve played have been steamrolls where my opponents couldn’t even get the first point or take away 100 tickets from me at the end of the game. Chi ti dice che non giochi anche a COD o BF? Io trovo comunque che il feeling delle armi e il TTK di Enlisted siano i migliori in assoluto, i più brutali.

I see it similarly, that there are many players who played Enlisted because of the historical reference in order to be able to immerse themselves better here.

In the past, I had no trouble to wait 2 or 3 minutes for a match to start.
My goal was never to be able to start a game within 15 seconds. But rather to be able to immerse yourself in a long-gone and hopefully never-recurring historical war environment.

If it’s just a matter of having a lot of players constantly running in circles with automatic weapons to shoot each other with the highest possible kill per minute rate, games like Battlefield and Call of Duty are certainly the better alternatives.

3 Likes

No, it failed because it was designed incorrectly, but mainly because it was the only “matchmaking” system. This enabled a player who used bolt action rifles only to meet a player who used top tier equipment just because both were used in Normandy.
If we have a proper tier-based matchmaking as well, these two wouldn’t be able to meet in battle because one has tier five stuff and the other has tier one stuff. However, it would also enable using weapons like the AVS-36 or Browning M1919 in Moscow and Tunisia respectively, just in a higher tier battle, because they were used there in real life as well.

I agree with you, matchmaking is a blessing for Tier 5 players. Tier 5 battles are exciting like never before.
However, I find Stalingrad battles involving IS-2, Tiger-2 or STG-44 rather disturbing.
That somehow doesn’t suit me.
I hardly ever got into battles on Moscow with Tier 1 and 2.
But without an MP40, or at least an MP38, these battles no longer feel good. Something is missing somehow.

As I said, this is a blessing for Tier 5 players, but probably more limited for everyone else.

3 Likes

Maybe remove Stalingrad from Tier IV-V(?

1 Like

Sorry but this is DF we are talking about, they hate making the game fun but milk the existing players

Desagree 7 players in a lobby is well inof

Screw you, bolt actions were in Normandy so bolt actions should naturally appear in Normandy

Dude, that’s exactly what I’m saying.
Unless your comment is some sort of weird irony which I don’t get.

The preferred map system?

I’m guessing you haven’t played it as you wouldn’t be suggesting this unless you truly are insane.

IMO: Maps shouldn’t be attached to Tiers.

1-3 should be able to fight in moscow, norm, stalingrad, pacific, so on so on as long as that army was there (I.E: Russia vs germany in moscow, Allies vs Axis in norm.)

Yes, that’s my point. They shouldn’t be attached to tiers, they should be attached to weapons and vehicles you’re using.
And the tier-based matchmaking should be separate from that, which is the main difference between what I’m proposing and what was implemented during the 1st dev server, where there was no matchmaking.

No.

It would be a repeat of Campagins.
I don’t know about you but I don’t want to fight in berlin due to I had an M44 mosin vs dudes with STG-44s and Tiger 2s

Or vs dudes with Feds in Moscow due to I had a starting rifle.

No it wouldn’t - you wouldn’t be able to play with just Mosins and a T-60 against someone with StG 44 and Tiger II because you’d be a tier 1 player and he’d be a tier 5 player.
But someone with the M4A3E2 wouldn’t be able to play against tier 4 Japan either because Jumbo Shermans were never deployed in Pacific.

Once again, read the whole post and try to understand it before jumping to incorrect conclusions.

Now, I can agree with that but the whole idea is:
How do you figure out where goes what.

I.E: Should an 1944 mosin go to stalingrad, moscow, berlin? do you go off it’s date or do you go off it’s stats

If date: Fed should be able to meet Moscow to Berlin.
if stats: Moscow would be a mess, One side might not even have any SMGS and only bolt actions while the other may have one or two SMGs.

That’s the issue on hand with this kind of balancing.

What we Really need is more B.Rs and set up.

May have misunderstood

Thought you were saying guns that were in the same battle shouldn’t be together because bolt actions shouldn’t fight full auto’s

Yes, I see it the same way, that it would be desirable to only fight each other in locations with weapons that were actually used there. The fact is that each faction had different advantages and disadvantages in each phase of the war. And that’s exactly what makes it so exciting - how you can defeat a technically superior opponent.

But isn’t the assignment of campaigns and weapons to the respective tier levels exactly the technical tool to realize something like this? In my opinion, the filter here is too coarse, which can currently be + or - 2 tier level in places.

Especially since the current tier classifications do not allow the weapons to be used in their historical locations.
As an example, MP40, which you can currently only play on Moscow with a lot of luck. (So in fact not at all)

1 Like

I believe we should go for both. Let’s take Moscow maps as an example - Considering the weapons that were used there, you could even have a tier V battle there:

• Tier I:

• Germany:
      • All tier I weapons excluding the Italian bolt actions and the Kar98K Kriegsmodell
      • All tier I German tanks
      • All tier I German aircraft
    • USSR:
      • All tier I weapons
      • All tier I tanks
      • All tier I aircraft
  • Tier III:

• Germany:
      • All tier I, II and III German weapons excluding the Panzerfaust 60, VG 2, VG 1-5 (also, that name is wrong, it’s an MP 507), MP 3008 and the Kar98K Kriegsmodell (they didn’t exist in 1941). Also, the Beretta M38 should be included as it was often used by the Germans.
      • All tier I and II German tanks
      • All tier I and II German aircraft as well as the Bf 110 C-7
    • USSR:
      • All tier I, II and III weapons excluding the PPS-42, PPS-43 and the Panzerfaust 60 (they didn’t exist in 1941)
      • All tier I, II and III tanks
      • All tier I and II aircraft as well as the Pe-2-31 and the Pe-3
  • Tier V:

• Germany:
      • As in tier III, plus ZH-29, all SMGs, 75 round MG 34 and Flammenwerfer 41 from tier IV as well as the Kiraly 39M, MP 717(r) and MG 15 from tier V
      • All tier I and II German tanks
      • All tier I and II German aircraft as well as the Bf 110 C-7
    • USSR:
      • As in tier III, plus PPD-34/38, DT-29 and SVT-40 from tier IV as well as AVS-36, all SMGs, BM-41 and Avtomat Fyodorova* from tier V.
      • All tier I, II and III tanks
      • All tier I and II aircraft as well as the Pe-2-31 and the Pe-3

This way not only the games are both balanced and realistic, but since it’s not a rigid separation like the campaigns were, the queue times wouldn’t be an issue as well.

*Now regarding the Avtomat Fyodorova. I disagree with this weapon being implemented in Enlisted the way it is. It was deployed during the winter war as an attempt to counter the Finnish infantry using the KP/-31, and was not used at all after that, so it shouldn’t apper in Enlisted until the Finns get added as well. But since Darkflow decided that the AVS-36 and AVT-40 weren’t enough and decided to add the Fyodorov and AS-44, I guess it should stay that way for now.

They shouldn’t if you have just bolt actions in your line-up, which is a matter of balance, not realism.
But if you have a Volkssturm rifleman squad with the VG 2 and MP 3008 as well as an assaulter squad with StG 44 and MG 15, you’d be able to play Berlin against people with PPSh-41, AVT-40 and RD-44.

It kinda is, until you try to play Tunisia with your flamethrower squad you bought before the merge and you only get Berlin because these flamethrowers are tier V. This is exactly what made me write this post btw, seeing that a third of the Italian weapons excludes you from playing Tunisia.