We need better maps (The end?)

Except the point can be recaptured, so they need to hold the first point when capping the second.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s better, but I feel like Iā€™m missing information.

What do you mean proceed? Is it like invasion? Can they get pushed back and lose their spawn like defenders?

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s just volokolamskovo village with two points to cap instead of just the forward trench. It was honestly really refreshing and a nice take on the map. Mixed things up.

2 Likes

Funny how shrek ignoring me leads to him not understanding the topic here lmao

Would help a lot in reducing the meat grinder. Iā€™m always a fan of playing ā€œfind the exposed flankā€, and it would be a lot less repetitive that way.

2 Likes

Assault was basically just the village invasion map but with 2 cap zones, one inside the trench and the other one on the open field. Bolt action and semi automatic rifles were very useful and SMGā€™s were not as common as they are now.

Basically to capture a zone, attackers had to hold both cap zones at the same time. When they captured it, the second set of bases was located in the village (where the second base in invasion is). If the attacking team captured the second set of bases, they won.

A lot of players moved from base 1 to base 2 which meant running in the open so using Rifles to hunt them was my favorite strategy as PPD was quite useless in alpha. I didnā€™t play germans as much as I do now so I donā€™t know how MP-35 preformed

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t block forum members

I remember that mode having 3 phases. First was two points in the village where attacers start in invasion mode. Then one point in the trench and later two in the second village.
There was one more on the city map even earlier in CAT.
I agree with you all - Assault was cool mode and definetly should come back.

1 Like

For the town map variant of it, you started with 1 point, then two points, then two points, which was actually my favorite map overal

Yes, exactly.

Wow!

Your memory is Great, I totally forgot the whole form of it

1 Like

It sounds like a great game mode, but at the same time putting a cap in the middle of an open field is kindof stupid.

the middle cap was in the trenches where the first cap for village invasion is rn, while the first 2 caps are in the town where the attacker spawn is for village invasion, and the last two points are in two buildings near where the 2nd cap would be

It was not in the middle. As far as my memory could remember, it was behind the trench nest or pile of wood

nope, it was where the current cap is

Than where was the second one

there was no second one for that one
vyoskovo village had 2 caps, then 1, then 2

the town map had 1, then 2, then 2.

So all in all,
I think devs should look to rebalance this mode and reintroduce it in Enlisted
The more, the better

I think this gamemode was removed because on Berlin test, it was impossible to win as attackers due to bad cap point placement.

You literately had to sit in the middle of the street to capture point A

1 Like

i agree , game maps are really small need to change map sizes

1 Like