We are going to Tunisia!

Drum mag for the Thompson was never fully adopted by the US because there were reliability issues that caused the weapon to Jam frequently.

Thats why by Normandy in 1944 they were issuing only the stick mags … Other nations earlier in the war got the drum mags as well but were not used extensively …

So no the drum mag version of the Thompson was not the best version. Maybe for enlisted it will be mainly becuase of the increase ammo capacity but in RL they werent …

3 Likes

idk man i just think semovente isnt suitable to counter grant, it could be P40?

2 Likes

Pacific after Tunisia? Let’s see Pacific! You know, the beaches, and the ocean - it makes a nice scenery lol That’s why all Battlefield games try some island thing.

Pacific, then Italy maybe? Very picturesque, Sicily and Monte Cassino perhaps

Would be great to see larger battles - 20 vs 20 or more.

they did in small numbers the British shouldn’t get it first the usa made it and i never said it was better but it does have higher fire rate and more ammo so in the tech tree it should be the upgrade

I know I’ll play it. I skipped Berlin. BF desert maps were a blast. I’m looking forward to the same here.

Dude the British literally “got it first” in the war via lend-lease not sure why you’re so hung up over this.

Most likely, not all content will be available and we will repeat testing with the first and second stages.

But we will tell you more precisely in the announcement of the CBT.

1 Like

no the British didn’t get it first they got it at same time so give usa tree the drum mags
im tired of American tech in all campaigns but the Americans don’t get what they made
and or captured.
soviets get sherman gets better sherman than the usa with 76 mm gun
germans get a bar and others
usa gets nothing no captured weapons only recycled British ones

and I’m tired of the devs catering to the Germans

Are we gonna have Squads with the regular field uniforms too? Or even British Paratroopers?

Hyped either way!

1 Like

Doubt it for Tunisia, as it was mostly the Airtex Desert uniforms.

Because if you start with a tiger, what else is anyone ever going to use?
The Semovente saw a lot of use during Tunisia , so why shouldn’t we get to use it?
Why does everyone just fantasise over the tiger? It was awful.
(and yes I know I have just upset a lot of Tiger fans)
I’d rather see the CV33s and M13/40s than the Tiger

6 Likes

if i buy early access wjll the progress reset once it open for public?

Hoo-bloody-well-about-time-ray!
:smiley:

Right - just got time for a cuppa, then let’s go bag some Eyties…

You could start with a tiger who’s crew was so badly trained they abandoned it in mobile condition on the battlefield - so it is an objective for the Brits to capture! :thinking: :smirk:

1 Like

Start of the war or not, the Semovente and Italian armour still played a part, remember that allied armour was still mostly Crusaders, honeys and a scattering of Churchill/ Sherman’s.

It was still an over engineered impractical tank. No matter of fanboying will ever change my mind. It may have had good armour and a good gun, but it was heavy, awkward to transport, long build time and equally long repair times.

The fact that most of your reply is copied from a book, a German book, means that your source is fairly biased.
Having read multiple accounts from Tunisia and of the Tiger tank, my opinion stands that it was good, BUT it was outweighted by the points I have made.

I mean, this I could live with :rofl:

2 Likes

No that’s not true and hadn’t been since before el alamein - I can’t find an OOB for Tunisia, but by el Alamein you have Grants and Shermans as the main battle tanks - I’ve reproduced these from a JSTOR article as a picture: https://www.jstor.org/stable/44232677

Would you consideer, implementing any kind of slower animations, (For getting a more realist experience) or failing that, maybe puting manual bolting on rifles :sweat_smile:

In the book I am reading about 5RTR, the formation they give, even during Tunisian advances are.

Remember not all units had state of the art kit.
Part of this particular unit was TA/ Yeomanry outfit equipped with worn out vehicles.

Since like pretty much all the other german campaignes are already filled with italian shit weapons, it wont change much ok.

1 Like

By Tunisia the tanks had done much hard work - driving from Egypt was not a trivial task.

But if there were worn out tanks they were still mostly Shermans and Grants.

You can see several Yeomanry units in the OOB above - especially 9th Arm Brig attached to the New Zealand Division, and 10th Brigade - they are also equipped with Shermans and Grants.

There was no Yeomanry that was part of 5 RTR - the RTR’s were complete units in and of themselves - but you can see 5 RTR brigaded with 4 CLY - County of London Yeomanry - in 22 Arm Brigade - which is the formation they both fought under for most of the Nth African, Italian and Normandy campaigns - 4 CLY is infamously the main sufferer of the “Wittman ambush” at Villiers-Bocage on 13 June 44, being equipped with Cromwells and Fireflies.

Referred back to the book and the ‘worn out’ tanks where M3s converted to recon roles. So half true, in a sense, but mostly avoided combat unless ambushed.
Had a quick skim of some war diaries and most seem to have Crusader and Grants, with scattering of Sherman’s being passed around.
I mean, going back to my original point, that was The Semovente and Italian armour has as much a right to be in Tunisia as anything else, they are still documented as being encountered in the race to Tunis.

Couple of war diary extracts from 4 COLY.

1 Like