Utility Equipment Options, take place of Binoculars

Currently, the slot for Binoculars is only that one option, which seems like a waste of potential, especially when other niche items could be added.

Utility Equipment should be defined as items that each soldier can carry, and can toggle on and off (not a consumable), that have both positives and negatives during their usage, but they themselves do not do damage/ are a weapon, and the usage takes a moment to activate and deactivate.

Binoculars

Flak Jacket

• The flak jacket would allow the user to be more resistant to explosive FRAGMENTATION while active. (Meaning damage from outside the direct blast zone. Making AP mines, and areas a distance away from artillery, tank shells, and aircraft bombs much less lethal.)
  • The downside however is that movement speed would be reduced by about 30% or so.

Gas Mask

• The gas mask would allow the user to be immune to white phosphorous gas.
  • While equipped, the vision of the player would be greatly reduced on the sides.

Fire Extinguisher

• The fire extinguisher would allow players to extinguish areas set ablaze by molotovs, flamethrowers, WP grenades, and even extinguish burning tanks, destroyed tanks/ AA/ AT guns.
  • The downside is that you cannot use your weapon at the same time.

What other utility items can we think of? Serious replies only please!!!

10 Likes

Fixed repair tools, usable only 1&2 times?

personally i have a idea for binos

delete the dinamic tank mark for infantry, but, you can see the dinamic mark if you mark the tank whit the binos, that can improve the gameplay

2 Likes

I would prefer binoculars that:

• Add 50% more target detection range
  • Detection lasts 100% longer

I can often see the tank and infantry clearly through binoculars, but I can’t tag them through the limits.

Placing artillery in place where we look like in War Thunder would be a good option too.

3 Likes

As far as repair/ toolkits go, I think those are still better suited to the toolkit consumable. As well as all the suggestions I’ve made in that regard as well. (Make toolkits required for non-engineer units to “deconstruct” enemy fortifications)

I have a suggestion that I’m working on for revamping artillery that I’ll be posting in the next couple of days. Perhaps check that out when I post it. I think it will be very beneficial to the end of what you are looking for.

wp burns your skin. Gas mask wouldnt help much

1 Like