⭐ Update “Pacific War”

Customization as a concept is good.
Allowing bullshit customization like putting an accordion on top of your MG port is bullshit.

But the devs obviously care more about the “haha I pay money and have guitar on my turret” kids than actually making a WW2 game for once.

1 Like

First, thank you very much for adding excellent campaign!
I have some opinions about Japanese forces in this game.

1. Issue about “MP28 (7.65mm)”

In history, Japanese used SIG-Bergmann M1920 (MP18/20) with 7.63x25mm. Also, it can use Type 30 Bayonet [三十年式銃剣] which is same as Type 38 infantry rifle etc.

Photos of Japanese Bergmann

Specifications of naval SMGs written by IJN Tateyama Naval Artillery School:

陸戦参考-第1号・陸戦兵器要目表 – National Archive of Japan
Translations:
p.s. I doubt RoF data of them. It seems too high.

2. Premium squadron with naval weapons

In spite of Type 3 Ka-Chi and Type 100 paratrooper SMG were naval weapons, it was used by Army unit.
In my opinion, it is good to replace these squads to naval one because they are historical and very unique!!

Type 3 Ka-Chi was used by Yokosuka District 16th Special Naval Landing Force [横須賀鎮守府第十六特別陸戦隊]. They were IJN’s armored unit prepared for Battle of Mainland Japan.

Type 100 paratrooper SMG (with folding stock) was developed for naval paratroopers, not army’s one.
Yokosuka District 1st Special Naval Landing Force [横須賀鎮守府第一特別陸戦隊] will be suitable because they were the oldest and largest naval airborne force. They participated airborne operation to Manado etc.

(note: Navy weapons are Type I Rifle, S1-100, Bergmann M1920, Type 100 SMG Special (paratrooper’s folding stock) and Type 3 Ka-Chi)

3. Issue of 6.5mm rifle cartridge

In spite of they used 6.5x50mmSR Type 38 cartridge (sharp nose), in-game model is old and outdated Type 30 cartridge (round nose). It seems strange.

4. Japanese voices

It’s already been mentioned by others so briefly. They are using very modern words which are imported from American words after war. It sounds very strange.

5. Strange broken Japanese texts on objects

It have unreadable broken text. I guess it means 石油 (petroleum), 可燃性 (flammability) but they are completely broken and very strange.

6. Strange flags in the hanger

There are Army’s flag (sun is center) above Navy’s fighters.
Also, put multiple flags seems very strange…

7. HESCO

It’s already been mentioned by others. Would please replace them to sandbags or others??

8. Decal texts

Quality of some decals seems terrible. At least they are readable but they are strangely distorted letters.

In addition, decal of 9th Tank Regiment is completely broken. Apparently it seems to be written as “うつ九と”, but it does not make sense. I guess it is “うりんど” (Donryu, in modern spelling どんりゅう), a decal for commander vehicle of 4th company of the 9th tank regiment.

Screenshots

5 Likes

And Keo,

Why there is only “Newly made Faces” at US Pacific?

Please Bring back good old faces to Pacific, Please, Please. Please send this over to Developers.

i really don’t even want to play only with such faces

5 Likes

Dude, have you seen the new Allied weapons for the Normandy invasion? It’s terrible

Thompson 1928A1?

Yeah, it feels really bad

If the opposite STG can be said to be unnecessary, then M1928A1 is a scrap metal
They won’t even give the M2128, but a scrap metal

M1A1 is better than that one, can’t understand why it came after

1 Like

What I can’t figure out is why not give M2128, or even say why not give a new model M1928A1

No way

I had the time of my life with melee

Its good

Yes

4 Likes

The Pacific Theater is one of the main things I’ve been hoping for since Enlisted was announced, and overall this update is fantastic, but I noticed some issues that need to be addressed ASAP:

• Rename the new in-game campaign, Pacific War, to Battle of Guadalcanal to keep in line with the established campaign format (and implement any additional Pacific Theater battles you might add in the future in the same way you have before - as separate in-game campaigns).
  • The A6M2 Model 11 we currently have in-game is an early land based variant that was not equipped with the necessary provisions for carrier operations such as with the A6M2 Model 21.
  • “Reisen” is an unofficial designation for the A6M, and should be dropped.
  • The nomenclature for some Japanese vehicles is incomplete (e.g. Type 3 Ka-Chi, Type 95 Ha-Go, Type 98 Ke-Ni, Type 98 Ta-Se, A6M2 Model 11, E13A1 Model 11, D3A1 Model 11, etc.)
  • Specifying the D3A’s and E13A’s manufacturer, Aichi, is very unusual given none of the other aircraft’s manufacturers are mentioned. It should be removed.
  • Regarding the FP-3. I’m pretty certain this is an error, and should actually read as “F4F-3 Wildcat”.
  • Players should be able to remove/equip the Type 3 Ka-Chi’s pontoons (with it’s performance being realistically affected, of course).
2 Likes

Why would they ever do that?
Who would want to grind a 7th campaign with exactly the same gear just in a slightly different random jungle?

The Pacific campaign already is combining everything that was (and in fact, wasn’t) used at that front in general.

1 Like

Everything is easier. Although the rules in different armies during the second world war differed, one thing remained the same - this is an army and there are many restrictions in it. But people serve in the army and we tend to express ourselves. At least in order not to go crazy from the hell that war is. Yes. The soldiers carried with them photographs, medallions, memorabilia from home. Musical instruments were ubiquitous! And if you think that tank comrades will refuse these guys to lift their guitar on armor on a long march, then you haven’t read much about that war in which people supported each other. In the end, at a halt, this guy will play their favorite song from home, which is now thousands of miles behind.

We will implement such little things that allowed people to remain people, not machines.

7cc4f08864e22493aea68fe209009242--american-soldiers-a-tank

3 Likes

Hello. Necessarily. The model is temporary. We are finishing work on the real model.

6 Likes

Such little things as gas masks covering the tank’s hull MG

Or carefully folded Red Army loadout with helmet covering the German driver’s vision port

Or ancestral venerated item such as a samurai mask randomly strapped on a tank

Make no sense and only make the game look childish and ridiculous, exactly like the type of games many of us wanted to escape when we came to Enlisted.

2 Likes

Be far one of the best answers on this forum.

Hopefully Japs can command our infantry squad to banzai charge as a squad.

We will replace with a naval version

4 Likes

You may notice that we have taken this point into account. The musical instrument balalaika is available only in campaigns with the participation of the USSR. Your remark about the uniform of a soldier sounds logical. I’ll pass.

We are able to negotiate. :slight_smile:

4 Likes