Update 0.5.3.34

Got to be the best minor update in this game’s history. Love it.
Great stuff

3 Likes

Cant upgrade squads, when level up after the battle, there is no upgrade points available. Any solutions?

Restart your game, will fix it

1 Like

I’m waiting to see “removed the inverse invasion (where Germans are attacking the beach from the bunkers) from D-Day.”
Until then I will only play as Germans and Allies in custom battles where I cannot see this abhorrent mode. Why was it even added in the first place?

3 Likes

Why? Diversity.

4 Likes

I don’t want “diversity”, I want WW2 battle immersion (which, for me, Enlisted maps deliver quite well -except for this one… and the tiers 4-5 in Stalingrad).
Diversity doesn’t equal entertainment or satisfaction.
Besides, we already have custom battles - they give more than enough “diversity” to anyone who wants it. Do we have to get every most absurd battle scenario shoved in our faces in regular battles?

6 Likes

I think it’s leftover from the Normandy campaign cause otherwise they would have always defended.

Is it just me or are the Japanese stronger now? I don’t remember being 1-hitted in my M4A2 every single shot. First match as US against JPN in this patch and we U.S was spread all over the island. :rofl:

Besides, I would rather call this “inconsistence” than “diversity”. Since Enlisted existed, invasion mode was based on how generally the battles looked like in each historical campaign. In Berlin playing as Russians has always meant being mostly the attacking side and the Germans were defending - for obvious reasons. There was never a large offensive from the center of Berlin by the Germans. It was so satisfying, playing in the context of historical events, and seeing Hitler’s Bunker capture in progress by my team playing as Russians. “Counterattack” on the train station was understandable, and felt quite possible. Basically, there was no chance to get an absurd battle that ruins this satisfying historical WW2 mood. And inverse Normandy does exactly that. When I get that, I immediately wanna turn the game off and do something else because it’s not the entertainment that I’ve been experiencing for the past 3 years.

3 Likes

Played a couple of rounds. Looks like a very solid QOL update. Some takeaways:

• The aperture changes on the rifles (e.g. M1 Carbine) are very welcome. Aiming is noticeably easier.
  • The game looks more crisp graphics wise and the UI is more responsive and clear.
  • AI seems to be improved as well. While on the ‘aggressive’ setting AI Soldiers no longer just stand there in close proximity to enemies. Now they actually shoot and kill.

Thanks for all the work that was put in!

1 Like

I don’t think there was any fighting close to bunker or Reich Chancellery for that matter.
Soviet were aiming to divide Berlin by striking toward city centre near Reichstag, Chancellery wasn’t in the way.
Some Germans tried to break out of Chancellery few hours before capitulation, they weren’t fighting inside the building either.

So historical accuracy in Enlisted died somewhere around 2021.

1 Like

Could you please add already the option for Germany and USA to choose what Nation soldiers you want, i.e Italian or German and US or British when buying new soldiers?!
OR better up just give them their own respective Nation already and be done with the mess, Soldiers, Customization, Weapons and Vehicles and all that clutter.
This should be something for that big patch, aswell as Tank customization system same as soldiers so it’s different depending on Campaign too, I mean cmon alreadycan’t believe how this wasn’t introduced from start with ‘‘Merge’’ patch when the new customization came.
It’s just plain stupidity and laziness we don’t have that yet.
I want my Tanks in Tunisia to have Desert Camo and my Moscow Tanks to have Winter Camo, It makes sense you know?

5 Likes

I can completely relate to your opinion. I just love it.

2 Likes

Have Tailgunners been fixed in this patch, CBR doesn’t indicate so.

1 Like

That’s an overstatement.
I was talking about a complete 180-degree turn of a major historical battle’s scenario, not taking different routes in Berlin by the Russian army. That’s like watching “Saving Private Ryan” but suddenly it starts playing in reverse.
And the reason is “diversity”, apparently

1 Like

This happened to me as well, thanks for reporting it!

Can you speak a bit to this? What various customization options were added?

Nice update, it has some much-requested changes.

In future updates before steam release, I would like to see improvements on digging, and construction in general, it is one of the biggest offenders regarding the game feeling unpolished.

I ask that you also consider buffing impact grenades to be closer to what they were before the recent nerf but, increase the time it takes to swap back to your weapon or another explosive after throwing the impact grenade; As it is right now, the impact grenades border on uselessness.

2 Likes

What mechanic was that? Auto aim? where, who used it?

Console stuff с: