Tunisia Locations, Airfield

There are no battles on it in the game, this is a location that we almost never use and never visit

And many people, including me, like the Tunis company. The proposal is simple to expand the Tunis Airfield location, as for me it’s less energy intensive than making a new map

Here is my option, this is just a proposal and the point is simply to expand the location, the developers can do it at their own discretion (if, of course, they do it at all)

Now the location has a minimalistic appearance, no hangars, no objects, nothing, and there is only one strip itself:

As for me, first you need to add an additional stripe and I have 2 options

2 (my favourite)

Then you need to cover the edges with all sorts of objects like hangars, airplanes, barracks, and so on.
For example, I took my 2nd option and supplemented it with a photo editor:

By the way, here you can cram all the battle modes
I like the dots mode (ABC) most of all, this mode can be implemented here

I’m no master but something like this

In general, as for me, all companies need Airfields; some have them and some don’t (Moscow, Stalingrad, Ardennes, Tunisia) if they ever add a World War or a Strategic Map, then these maps will be a good prospect

10 Likes

So long as it isn’t as painful as Normandy Airfield, which is by far my least favorite map in the game

Normandy Airport is not difficult
As long as you know how to take a detour and have 3 players who are not monkeys
Don’t forget to destroy those fixed machine guns first

The difficulty is one thing, and American teams just have such difficulty. Especially on the rare occasion they’re put on defense. I swear Normandy defense matches were the worst thing to ever happen to American players. Seems like none of them know how to do anything other than die and be everywhere that isn’t objective
The map itself is a whole nother matter. I genuinely just don’t like it. The hangars are boring to attack and boring to defend. That’s 3/5 objectives. The bunker is just kinda eh. The best objective is the 2nd/4th and that one oftentimes just gets steamrolled despite having the greatest potential for fun. It’s just all round a subpar map

If it starts next to the runway of the previous airport

Go around to the opposite side of the runway and set up a heavy machine gun

Block the small door with anti-aircraft guns and anti-tank fortifications
Put in some sandbags and barbed wire
Using the same method to block the door on the right
Only keep 1 or 2 small doors near the second hangar

Run to the trench and set up a firepower point with the house on the left

By dividing the labor and completing these three points, the enemy basically has no ability to counterattack.

If it is another hangar

Occupy the buildings on both sides and use firepower to suppress the respawn point of the building on the right.

Use the same method to block the small door
Fill 2 sides with barbed wire

Finally, leave the team in the stronghold and run to the rear mountain to set up a firepower point

1 Like

Airfields are always awesome, in Pacific is one unused too…

1 Like

In the coming update, there is a damaged HE-111 placed on the airfield in the Fortress map.
As scenery. While nobody goes there coz the battle area is in/around the fortress.
Perhaps there are already plans to expand the battle to this area…?
Would be cool. But then, we need to finally get the actual tunisian maps :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Until recent devblong, I didn’t even know this map is suppose to represent airfield.
I have never noticed the runways.

I like open terrain
This means I can set up heavy machine guns at the airport to mow down monkeys that have no ability to fight back.

1 Like

I actually made a mod for it! It’s called Tunisia Airfield Invasion(get latest version)

1 Like