Try out the reworked matchmaking

I’m never advocating for half empty/unbalanced matches.

I’m advocating for at least 1-2 minutes of ±1 BR search rather than a player being thrown as cannon fodder to 3-5 BR instantly.

What?

but you are cause you dont understand how queues work. with what players exactly should e.g. that first BR5 player play if every player needs to wait 1-2 minute till they expand ±1 MM to 3-5 MM?

currently that rule is being 1-2 minute rule is being implemented for only first player in queue. you are asking for that rule to be implemented for every player individually.

i will give you example (for just one team, cause i dont want to simulate both sides)
here is queue on how players queue up
players BR:
5 5 4 3 4 3 4 5 3 3 4 3 4

so first player joined 2 minutes ago and last player joined 10 seconds ago. how should MM match these players? it cant match full ±1 BR match for BR5, but it cant even match full BR 3-5 match cause of your rules that every player needs to wait 1-2 minutes before being matched into expanded MM. but it can match ±1 for BR 3 and 4.

so question is how should MM actually match that queue? should it force ±1 BR match first for BR3-4 even though BR5 player came first? and then force BR5 player in half empty match with only 3 BR5 present? or should it take those BR3 players and you get full BR3-5 match?

BR5 player starts searching for a game.

Within the first X minutes MM tries to find friendlies and enemies with BR 4-5.

If false, after X minutes MM starts adding BR 3 players.

Similarly, when BR3 player starts searching for a game, the MM works the same around the Z minutes mark.

With 2500 concurrent players as per Steam charts, this shouldn’t be impossible.

And yes, I’d rather have longer wait times than 1-3 and 3-5.

Hell, I’d even click "I agree to wait longer but find me a max possible historical match ".

Well, you are not everyone. And you still don’t understand that’s some factions are less populated than others. The thing you are saying is mathematically incompatible.

1 Like

you just described current MM

provide concrete example. i made concrete example of queue in post above. i dont understand your z minutes. tell me how it should handle BR5 MM without indefinite MM wait time or getting half empty matches?

do you know what is 2500 concurrent players in steam charts? that is just people who have game open on their computers. half of them could be in main menu for all we know, with other half in matches and not actually in game queue. also those steam players could mostly be old players who just transferred their account to steam so number werent really changed that much.

here is simple napkin math; we had 6-12k concurrent users in actual matches on 6 servers before steam. if we go by average that is 1000-2000 players per server. with average match lasting ~20 minutes, every minute we would get 50-100 players in queue. with 4 factions we get 12.5-25 players in queue every minute per faction. we have 5 BR, so we get 2.5-5 players per BR per nation every minute in queue.

now this math is totally wrong cause crossplay on servers having double or triple amount of players than crossplay off. also depending on time of day some servers are empty, while some servers are full. players are also not evenly distributed by BR and by factions and local minimums and maximums for BR and factions fluctuate every minute making MM much more difficult.

also MM cant have ±1 BR MM if on one faction you have 100 BR5 and on other faction you have 3 BR5, 3 BR4 and 4 BR3 players.

I hate this update!

I used to be a captain now I’m a second lieutenant!

I played rn against a team that had literally 6 marshals and mine only one!
This been happening a lot! I just wanna have fun