Thompson with 100 round drum when?

Seems like a counter to the German StG 44. This is from enlisteds own website. I think it should be introduced soon

Good? Bad? OP?

4 Likes

Wait… there’s really the model for it in game? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh yes lol which means sooner or later it should arrive. Unless we go into fantasy land with prototype weapons the only other answer is for a better SMG to match the German assault rifles

2 Likes

At this point they could do some asymmetric balance and give things like 200 ammo belts for the 42.

But usa also REALLY need it’s 1919. I have no idea why they don’t already and why would it be unlocked at such high lvl… it’s an ok lmg, but not better than even the mg34 by a long shot :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

Because before the m1919 the bren and bar needed to be released. It would be weird to have the m1919 before those guns, same for the MG42 released after the MG34. It will come with the gunner III imo.
This is only weird because of the campaign level unlock system

In fact, because of the mass of a thompson with a drum, it should also give speed penalties like an MG or BAR, since the mass of a SMG with a drum is closer to 8 kilograms.
The MG42 could get a reduced recoil, because as seen in the other thread, it has no advantage over the MG34 now.
In general, I see no reason to introduce a 100-round drum magazine, because it was useless and unpopular.
A 50-round drum is more of an advantage. That said, such drums were used far more often.

2 Likes

The developers of the game have said that we can see different weapons in the game if they are period correct. It doesn’t matter how much, how and in what quantities they were used, or just created as experimental ones. So I think it’s only a matter of time before the M1928A1 reaches the game.

But in reality, drum magazines was almost unused and very quickly discontinued and replaced by 20 bullet clips. It was too expensive, complicated to load the gun, and inconvenient to carry.

1 Like

What I meant is a direct counter like an assault rifle. There simply isn’t a direct allied counter at this time to match the StG

The M2 carbine could be seen as an Assault rifle but I´ve heard it´s not very good so that idea goes out the window.

1 Like

Buffing the M2 and introducing the Johnson LMG to counter the FG42. But I’m against the M2 and FG42 being for everyone anyway

4 Likes

They could give the M2 and FG42 to Assault but what would they replace them with is the question. It shouldn´t be a full auto capable weapon that´s for sure.

2 Likes

The m2 is usefull only in cqc hipfirng with a smallpouch of ammo, is like a grease gun but worse.

2 Likes

M2 still isnt an StG though. The cartridge is closer to a pistol then the intermediate 7.92 kurz the StG fires

1 Like

M2 still fires an intermidiate cartridge and only does 0.7 dmg less that the MP43. It fires faster too so it should outgun MP43 at close range but not at longer ranges. Since you get the M2 at lvl 23 instead of 32 like the MP43 maybe it shouldn´t be as good as the MP43. They could buff the damage drop off and/or reduce recoil to make it more viable.

3 Likes

Whats the drop off of the M2? It should lose damage much faster being much more akin to an SMG. I still think doing a drum SMG much like the russian PPsh is the answer. Clearly as its modeled in game lol

2 Likes

Hard to say what the exact ranges are since the game goes from 10m straight to 100m for some reason. Hard to say if a drum mag SMG is that good of an idea since Grease guns and regular Thompsons are scary enough as is.

They could atleast nerf the recoil of the MP40 so it´s atleast more usable at longer ranges since grease guns seem to do be much better from my experience.

2 Likes

Man, I wanna have this one then:

Plus the 60 Shot Magazine from Haenel for StG 44 Models produced in 1945. Or if Nightmaps come, even this one: Zielgerät 1229 - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Why not, because on the same level as Thompson Axis will get his machine gun, which should not be worse

They should get this:

Krummlauf_s878x978

Eheh, jk. I really have no idea what could be implemented for Germany after the stg that wouldn’t be some obscure prototype :thinking:

Interesting enough there is an American answer for that too
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.recoilweb.com/legacy-night-vision-the-m3-carbine-that-sees-in-the-dark-63901.html