Thompson .30 cal in BR3?

Change its br to br 2 it has about 900 rounds per minute and a 20 round magazine sounds alot like the bsa thompson exept alot more ROF.

3 Likes

It has the damage of the M1 carbine in an SMG,do i need to say more

2 Likes

It’s the Thompson I use in my BR V load-out.

Absolute cracked gun. No idea why it’s in III tbh with you.

In low BR?

No no no, my fren.

6 Likes

You need a lot of trigger discipline to do well with it and also have the quick reload perk.
I think it has a very reasonable BR overall because while it does have some minor flaws, its easy to compensate for them with skill and its a raw power house just waiting to be unleashed.

2 Likes

It also doesn’t have the low velocity disadvantage of thompsons, it’s a 20 round assault rifle with a very quick reload and without a slow firerate, at BR II, it would be too good.

9 Likes

It’s actually my SMG of choice for the assaulter squad in my US BR3 lineup. It doesn’t make me feel outgunned even when I’m uptiered at BR5.

It’s sort of an M2 carbine in disguise.

I think BR3 is fine for it.

3 Likes

It is fine where it is at the moment. You need fast reload thought. :slight_smile:

Same for me it is my BR5 choice :stuck_out_tongue:

BSA Model 1929 Thompson: 8.2 Hit Power at 750 RPM = 102.5 DPS @ 10m | 68.75 DPS @ 100m | 41.25 DPS @ 200m

Thompson .30 cal SMG: 8.8 Hit Power at 980 RPM = 143.7 DPS @ 10m | 111.0 DPS @ 100m | 89.8 DPS @ 200m

It’s fine at BR III

• It’s essentially a mini M2 Carbine when you think about it, and that is BRV

While .30 carbine is debatable in the area of is it an assault rifle, in game it does show Submachine gun. Is there a chance that this becomes an assault rifle along with the M2 carbine for when we do finally get the US and Japan Assault Engineers?

1 Like

Lowering the BR??
Have you used it before?
No way, BR2 is too low for this gun.
I even use it in BR5.
In BR2 it will destroy everybody.
It’s much more powerful than MP40, Beretta, etc.
Only long range sucks.
Short to medium range wipes them all out.

The recoil is too high and the automatic mode is completely unsuitable for long-distance combat.
Bullets are too scarce and will be consumed within 2 seconds.
That’s why he’s only worth level 3

It has a 20 round mag so should be br2

makes sense, perhaps tiger2 to br2 as well since it only has 70 rounds compared to pzIVE that has 80

He has 8.8 damage and semi-auto functionality
It is a high-speed, high-damage weapon that can be used as a semi-automatic rifle

So no br 2??

Let’s just appreciate that it’s BR 3 instead of being forsaken at BR 4

6 Likes

With this thompson I pass more time reloading than firing kinda deceiving.

It isn’t made for spraying like other Thompsons. Short bursts are the way.

2 Likes

Isn’t made for full auto but burst fire, you cant full auto with a 20 round mag and 900rpm you need check your fire

1 Like

Yes. Short bursts +vertical recoil reduction makes it a very good weapon and close, mid, and even stretches out to mid-long range if you get the hang of burst firing from prone. You can zap the japs sniping on top of the ship on Munda point from way down in the surf. Less bullet drop off then the normal .45 Thompson if you pay close attention.

The best thing about the .30 Thompson event gun is the open sights though. I would say the .30 Thompson and the 50-round Lanchester are the best western Allied SMGs, and they are both BR III event guns.