This game can't be suffering in both game play and economy

The current state of the game is slow progressive, silver grinding suffering and suffering in game play due to the only thing our matchmaking does is to prevent new guys dont match up with those who use THE top guns.
So either improve the player’s gain or at least explain clearly how base xp is calculated or give us a pve mode with 100% gain to avoid the fucked up matchmaking system

8 Likes

As a level 3 equipment enthusiast’s point of view
The equipment experience and silver requirements for the first two levels must be less
Otherwise, novices will not be able to survive in a high-intensity environment

3 Likes

gl with that. if you wanna know more about xp gain here is my old post

btw i tested those statements and all are true. iirc for stock squad death you get 100 base xp, but for full squad you get 200 base xp.

1 Like

so that why when i play infantry only (since people always hog plane) i get a bunch of xp nice

2 Likes

there is threshold for xp per squad. i think that if you kill 200 players with 1 infantry squad without dying you will get same xp as killing 200 players with vehicle squad without dying. just that it is much easier to achieve this with vehicle squad than with infantry squad.

1 Like

The game is not intended to have a low level player rush up to being competitive with people who have been playing for a year+ without paying for the equipment to do so.

Probably the fastest way to progress from the bottom would be to buy a premium squad and use them all the time. You get double xp for using premiums. As for your other squads and tactics, try to get good with the sniper rifle. A low tier player with an effective sniper rifle can stay out of heavy action, earn points and silver from cover, and still provide meaningful contributions to team victory if they can hold down a flank.

New players need to get acclimated to the Engineer as well. You earn battle points if your team members use your rally points. Pay attention to where experienced players place their rallies. Put one near but not right on top of theirs. The way rallies work is that there is a cooldown effect after a rally is used. If you have 2 of them near one another, you can double up your reinforcement rate by giving squads 2 drop points to use.

If you start with these tactics:

• premium squad if you’re anxious to throw into the main battle area NOW
  • sniper to control flank as a low level
  • engineer to place rallies

You will earn xp fairly quickly, you will learn the game fairly quickly, you will complete Battle Pass tasks (silver rewards) fairly quickly, and you’ll win more battles which earns you more silver.

1 Like

But the silver gain is still way too low. I had 1.2(probably 1.4) million silver before I start japan from nothing and now I equipted 70% of my japan force with only have 0.2 millions left. The average silver game is 1k-2k per game with premium account which means I need probably 500 games to earn that million. And dont forget this is the average gain with the best gear, not m2 carbine level but t20e2 level.
And talking about premuim squads. I have a friend I know in this game who have 6/8 of his squads as premuim squads and he even compain about silver not enough.

1 Like

New guys should learn to make balance set up, not one gun Br 5 and all the other br 2.

Rally point is a good way to accumulate passive xp, and it’s a good advice to always build one up.

On the sniper part, nah.
Very few players can keep up with being effective with tier 1 or 2 snipers. One doesn’t simply don’t have enough bullets to sustain a good KPM with the long reload cycle to make a dent - especially if one shoots from afar.

Basic BA is faster, reloads faster and has a better view, and as most of the fights happen in distances less than 100m, there’s no reason to use sniper rifles except for LARPing (lmao) or cozy lazy one hand clicking.

For a noob the best bet is to to unlock smg’s, build radios, press X on objective and simply zerg.

It’s how I did it in Normandy pre-merge. I’m not sure what your minimum bar for “making a dent” would be…keeping in mind we are talking about legit new BR1 and BR2 players. Get your sniper breath holding perks and bolt action reload perks. Squad goes straight for xp bonuses then upgrades 1 of the soldiers to an engineer. Upgrade the sniper rifle to max as soon as you get the 40% discount unlocked. You can turn out a pretty effective sniper squad and net 50-60 kills pretty consistently without a ton of effort.

There’s no “lazy one handed clicking” on console.

I’m not sure what you’re meaning by “BA” so I can’t judge. As for sniper rifles, I wouldn’t suggest a new player be trying for distance shots as much as I would tell then to use one for precision shots. They will be reliant on bolt action rifles (oh…that’s what you meant by “BA”) anyway, so I’d stick to the most useful bolt actions available: the sniper rifles.

You’ve got to unlock the smgs.
You’ve got to unlock the radio squad.
You’ve got to level up the radio squad to unlock frequent artillery to take advantage of the radio squad.

You’ve got to level up the smg to make it useful and you only get one of them. You have to then make a choice whether you’re going to buy carbines to fill thr squad out or hold off on them and plan to leapfrog and save your money for better equipment. That “smg squad” isn’t very effective. That “radio squad” might get off one round of arty before getting dropped. A good sniper can control resupply lines and if a new Enlisted player can contribute rather than just run around doing nothing, they will progress through the low tiers fairly quickly.

Ha ha
Supply lines?
Good enemies will walk in any way to avoid ranged attacks
The only ones who will be sniped are monkeys and AI

A really good sniper will destroy tanks and assault fortifications as well as fixed machine guns
Rather than hiding behind and sneaking attacks on the reborn AI and being proud of it

Newcomers should not use sniper rifles
This will only make them more passive and poison friendly forces
Veterans complain about newbies’ incompetence and ignorance
The enemy will press to the front of the black zone because there is not enough firepower to suppress it.

I don’t know how you lived in Normandy.
But I guess your teammates may not like your sniper team very much.
They need players who attack enemies with carbines and submachine guns.

the most important point
In terms of strategic considerations
A communications regiment is more valuable than a sniper regiment
Whether it is shelling and bombing abused by monkeys and parasites,
Or the all-powerful smoke bombardment
They can organize a team that has all the necessary features
Can do more tactical and strategic support than a sniper team

In defense ? ~100kills
Attack ? Doesnt matter if you have 10 if in exchange you got shitload of engi points by building radios.

Also the “teamplay” aka destroying enemy vehicles / building radios grants by far more silver than shitting at edge of map pretending to be snipermurder9000.
As well as exp.

1 Like

Well - by consistently killing more squads than the equivalent of the one squad being passive on the flank of players each cycle. Let’s say that there’s six to seven troops per squad, that means one should kill five bots in a “cycle” - less than a minute. That means around 12 kills on the 2nd minute mark, 16 on third, ect. Let’s not talk about “impact kills” here, we’re in the basics.

With a sniper that’s pretty difficult. With SVT-38 Premium Tokarev that’s easy, but 5 bullet upgraded sniper, whee, gee, don’t see it happen.

BA = Bolt-Action Rifle.

Must be hard work wracking up that console.

Then the latter two still apply. The best bet to get XP and win is to simply zerg the flag, always. There’s simply not enough bullets in rifles in BR1 or BR2 to prevent a team from zerging a cap. A player will always run out, and when he’ll switch to the next - DF’s own mechanic of always having the bot with 1 or 0 bullets in a clip will even the odds.

It is always best to simply zerg the cap. The spawn cycling and spawning in this braindead game gives simply no advantage of “holding a specific area :DDD” unless it’s done with a MG42 or a tank.
Snipers are useless. Even in the hands of s1mple, jL, or anyone, bolt action sniper-rifles in this game are mostly absurdly useless due the amount of bots swarming and that one will, sadly, always run out of ammo.

SVT-38 and other semi-auto super-snipers and magazine sniper-rifles are different, but still, the basic bolt action rifle always does more and better than any sniper in the game due them being much, much faster on reloading and shooting.

Even on console.

Don’t feel like snipers are a good suggestion for new players. Using them well tends to require some map knowledge and actually intercept enemies before the objective and not just wait till they push out of it imo.
Newer players that play sniper a lot often appear a lot on the lower end of the score board imo. Usually identifyable by having low kills and low deaths.

It’s way easier for newer players to get the hang of smgs imo. And yes you need to unlock them, but they are really fast to unlock and vastly will increase the new player effectiveness imo. Most new players run just straight at the objective anyways, and smgs are best for that.

…you’re really deviating from the original topic of the expense of weapons upgrades.

I’m talking here about how someone can contribute with the very early weaponry so that they don’t have the necessity to immediately grab each weapon that gets unlocked. You act as if sniping means someone is camping at the edge of the map and not doing anything. What are you doing when you put a scope in a window overlooking a capture point and popping any enemy that looks out? You’re sniping.

I’d rather a new player get really good at putting a scope on an important spot and making sure enemies can’t setup there than try to rush the point and chew through our reinforcements.

Keep in mind you have to build 3 squads simultaneously. At the bottom, I go 1 bolt action rifle squad (usually one upgrade 1 Springfield to max), 1 sniper squad(max the sniper rifle, change one rifleman for an engineer, change the other rifleman for a second sniper), 1 engineer squad.

It depends on the map. I don’t expect new players to make major contributions in the first place. What you’re looking for out of them is for them to do SOMETHING that contributes. They make the shot that suppresses a machine gun or they knock out the AI members of a couple of advancing squads to thin them out before they make it to your main assault or they get an angle on a hidden enemy and take him out before he can do damage. New players are support troops. They’re supposed to not screw up, stay out of the way, and try to do something useful

It doesn’t bother me except when they stay hidden even after someone calls a full assault on a position. They aren’t going to be able to be useful anyway. If they seek to mark tanks through their scope, DO SOMETHING USEFUL and drop a few enemies along the way to a victory, their job was done

Quite sure the OP is generally speaking of the massive grind & absolutely nonexistend silver gain.

Regardless, if your “noob” focused on only upgrading the sniper squad, he aint getting any other weapons upgraded.
Nor dont really gain any silver.

… i’m not, easiest way to get xp and silver is winning games. you said that “As for your other squads and tactics, try to get good with the sniper rifle.”, which is ill advice, and faulty, because it doesn’t help noobs win games. contrary.

i’d rather have new players zerg rushing the cap due the nature of low level games not having enough chambered rounds to stop them. Especially with snipers.

I’m imagining me shooting 100% swetty with sniper rifle and failing to prevent an enemy squad of getting to the cap because I don’t have enough bullets to kill them all. Sniper rifles are too slow to stop zerging bots.

Use just bolt action rifles - which are faster - until you get engineers, then take PAK and AA guns, then zerg bolt actions until you can get SMG’s and voilá.

Snipers are useless due not having enough ammo to kill all the apes. you simply ain’t fast enough.

you ain’t. I ain’t. Simple ain’t. 3L3M3NT isn’t. fatal1ty isn’t.
because sniper rifles are too slow to be useful in this game.

Snipers are useful in Hell Let Loose when they are pressuring enemy artillery or deadlocking a zone, due the game having much slower pace (and more realistic touch), bigger distances, and overall more strategic and tactical emphasis than this bot-duck shooting range for us mentally handicapped.

in enlisted snipers are only useful in larping some vasilizi zaitsev shit. end of story.
Snipers lack K(ills)P(per)M(inute) to be impactful. All else is just bullshit.

3 Likes

And I think your problem is that you expect far too much out of new players. I’m talking about a fresh recruit who hasn’t unlocked or upgraded anything and how they can progress in the game without needing large amounts of silver.

Everything they start out with is a bolt action. If they have any experience at all with first person shooters, -in my opinion- they’re going to have their first type of success with a sniper rifle. You’re jumping to conclusions and assuming that “sniping” equals “camping” and I’m not talking about camping. Get a sniper on the flank and shoot enemies from the side or follow your assault squad and try to scrounge a useful secondary off of a corpse. Recognizing that attacking with a large bolt action infantry squad is not what a new player should be doing is the starting point.

The new players are not the reason that a team wins, but they certainly can be the reason a team loses. A bunch of BR1s charging a point with bolt actions is a pretty sure way to lose.

1 Like

Even a pro player would have hard time to be “useful” with sniper, while the noob is already being helpful if he merely finds hes way to cap point.

Quite contrary, unless your killing ~10 - 50 enemies with your “flanking” which would essentially mean your using a tank.
You aint doing even a minor dent to defenders & since defenders dont have tickets, you can snipe them all day and you wont still get the cap since u dont have enough ppl in there.