The Soviet tech tree is content starved. (Updated)

BTW, you over looked M50 Reising SMG, that could be foldered under ppd34 for people who prefer.
This would be a nice addition mostly since ppd34 is the only BR1 SMG of the Soviet progression tree.

1 Like

There’s nothing left in WW2 to give the Soviets that wouldn’t be a gold order or premium. Weapons like the SKS-30, and SVS-53 would not be tech tree weapons SKS-31: The 7.62x54mmR Predecessor of SKS Carbine -The Firearm Blog

SKS-31 we already have in game that I desperately want to return:

SKS-31-The-7.62x54mmR-Predecessor-of-the-7.62x39mm-SKS-5

SKS-30: (The mini PTRS-41)

SVS-53:

These would definitely be gold orders.

2 Likes

SKS-31 is no longer obtainable, I was on my way to buy it the day it disappeared.

SKS-45 did see limited combat at the very end of WW2, I’ll find the source again.

We already have a 15 Round semi auto for BR-2 and the SKS-45 would hold 20 less rounds than the VG 1-5 while doing the same damage, so I think BR-2 would be good, but the VG 1-5 should be BR-2 As well because it can’t even compete with a SVT-38 as it is.

The Early M1928A1 with a 50 Round Drum appears to be the most common configuration amongst Soviet soldiers, if we get any Thompson, I hope it’s either this or the M1921AC with the 20 Round box magazine.

Thompsons, bazookas, and the M1911A1 are the only options left at standard issue.

1 Like

I would also love to see the M1 Garand but only 1 Garand was sent to the Soviet Union under lend lease. How many Reising Smgs both M50 and M55 were sent to USSR?

At least free ones.
Because something with unique and whatever.

Well. That’s more related to a mix of population/ mm, and Italy sucks ass, and Brits probably be too American anyways.

Just have Germany and Italy as separate tech trees but play tougher on the same team: Bring back segregation or bring back Italy and Britan - #9 by WarFrog_935

What about Japan?

NO

Do they also have wood tanks?

So a pointless separate tree?

They have paper tanks

It’s to prevent Britan from invading Japan, etc.

Which I think don’t exist in WT, and even WOT tanks are either poor Italian Panther knock-offs or from the Cold War.

Who cares if they also add wood tanks and paper proto-weapons as usual?

Generally I only want CAPTURED content for a faction if the faction did something to make it unique, otherwise we might as well give Germans M1 Garands. I even accept even the most minimal of uniqueness. As long as it’s unique I don’t mind it. To give a few examples

• rechambers
  • vehicles that had new guns mounted on them or otherwise modified

If you want to use your enemy’s stuff just capture it in battle. I think AT soldiers should drop their gadget when killed so if you want it go hunt it. I even think it would be crazy if somehow we’d be able to capture enemy vehicles

Now I lean towards the Soviets not having the Panzerfaust in their tree. Like I said I think if you kill an enemy AT soldier you can just go grab a Panzerfaust yourself. I think instead they should get a lend lease bazooka as well as their prototype AT weapons

I think I wouldn’t mind lend lease content in the Soviet tree, or just as Premium and event content, because I think it’s a more unique circumstance and it’s just a handful of stuff.

2 Likes

only italian tank they can add (outside variants of existing vehicles) is their heavy tank…yes they called that thing a heavy tank

“Simonov’s early 7.62x39mm models were quickly pressed into service, and saw action with troops of the 1st Belorussian Front during the final months of World War II . The SKS was still undergoing active field trials when Germany surrendered to the Allies in May 1945.”

5 Likes

wicked info

Japan: :skull: :skull:

11 Likes

The reason I say that is because the Soviet tech tree has a lot of guns that look the same, they may not play the same but still.

ah man id love to see this sht.

germut br5 unlock me-262
sovjet counter

just a reminder of beretta v ppsh.

I genuinely don’t see any deficiencies in the soviet tech tree apart from faster CAS planes.

Besides. If every tool is already viable, anything more would just be filler content.

1 Like

There’s enough weapons and crap for everybody.

They need to focus on maps, new locations and expanding on the ones we have. They should also prioritize all these bugs, more/better customization for soldiers/vehicles, and update the bots better.

1 Like

It’s just small, it needs more garbage like Germany has.
All sorts of tanks like t80 or bt5, all sorts of weapons like French lebel rifles, German rifles, Manlicher rifles, English 7.7 rifles, Bergmann machine guns and Gochkiss machine guns.
scale_2400

In fact, it is the ussr and Japan that have the least content. And the author wants more content on 1-3 br.
I completely agree with him.

2 Likes

In my opinion, Lend-lease equipment should be premium, just as it is in War Thunder. This makes Lend-lease gear unique without surpassing Soviet equipment of the same level and category.

However, what I would definitely add from the Lend-lease equipment to the tech tree is the M1 Bazooka. I don’t understand why it’s missing there.