The removal of campaigns got a HUGE potential for new maps!

Dev are going to introduce custom match that satisfy historical accuracy. You still can have the historical accuracy you want in custom match.

1 Like

why should a large slice of the community just stay content with custom servers that

• Can be deleted any time

• Can be changed anytime by the wills of a random creator

• As far as I know don’t provide regular xp gain (if not at all) as the regular matches

I mean why don’t we just go with a realistic mode along with an arcade mode and everybody is happy and have fun

5 Likes

Can be easily solve by providing official historical custom match.

If you have enough people you will get full xp.

It will separate the queue. It may cause you to wait for the match for too long or get mostly AI player.

Right…
Because adding as many new maps as one can imagine even within already existing campaigns is somehow impossible?
We can’t just add 10 maps to Stalingrad, 15 to Berlin and 100 to Moscow because historical accuracy?

Official preset server, always available for joining anytime, unlikely to get reduced XP multiplier, then good enough.

1 Like

If you’re sending the people who dislike Tiger 2 in Moscow to customs/other games anyway, where is the splitting (separation)?

You need to make separate queue for each campaign. It will increase the waiting time significantly and it is a waste of server resource because there will be more match that have many AI.

No. Just call it “any campaign but without time travelling BS” queue.

I’m definitely not going to play the “Tiger in Moscow” queue, so instead of making me leave, why not give me a separate queue?

Lol, why do you think most people want to play every campaign? Many people didn’t have the soldier and equipment ready for every campaign.

1 Like

Okay, make it a different queue for every campaign, I don’t really mind.

I just don’t get the idea how making people leave the game or sending them to customs is any better than giving them queue(s).

There is a solution.

Progression in form of techtree for each nation, queue together, and join game only on maps where battle happened after “year of production” of weapons in the squads.

1 Like

The benefit of custom match is that you can easily find a match you want that is full of people(If there is really that many people that want historical accuracy you will have no problem to find one).

The problem with queue is you don’t know what is going on, you are just waiting for the matchmaker to put you into a match. The queue will automatically send you into a match full of AI if it can’t find anyone after certain period of time. If increase the waiting time indefinitely it will just make people leaving the queue.

I propose to send people who like Tiger 2 in Moscow to custom matches – enjoy the custom scenarios, balance, waiting, looking for a server without BS rules and so on.

While keeping the core game without time travelling?

So if you equip Tiger 2 you’ll get Berlin/Normandy maps.

And if you really, really need something special like Tiger 2 in Tunisia or Russians in the Pacific – you can do it in customs.

1 Like

Then you will see t-26 fighting panzer 3b in street of Berlin. How is it considered historical and immersive?

1 Like

How are you gonna solve separated queue cause by every campaign then? We will have more campaign in the future so we are going to have more queue.

Germany. Single queue. But once you select Tiger 2, only Berlin/Normandy maps get generated for you.

1 Like

I agree that is a limitation of this solution, but explained by s community helper, currently planned system may relate battle rating with period of war (corresponding maps) in a flexible way, so that is not likely to occur. With that relation, this constraint I suggested will allow weak early weapon appear in early war, strong late weapon appear in late war, strong early weapon could appear in late war (Fedrov in Berlin), but no matter strong or weak late weapon should not appear in early war. So historical accuracy can be achieved in most condition without give too much difficulty matchmaking.

But only a suggestion for future. If the developers still think we have too limited player count for that, then “relate battle rating with period of war (corresponding maps) in a flexible way” may usually not be satisfied, and the problem you mentioned may occur, so for now improved custom match could be a good solution.

It will let thing become complicated, you need to consider so much stuff in the match maker.

And also as someone said on top, players will be bored if they can only play limited amount of map if they use late war weapon.

It can be other way also. For example there are many people talking about War Thunder realistic battle but the mode that is being played the most is arcade battle.

Yet WT devs don’t delete realistic.

It’s to be expected that arcade will be more popular. But that doesn’t mean realisitc is not popular.
For example 30% is a minority but a big minority.

6 Likes