The removal of campaigns got a HUGE potential for new maps!

Hello comrades!

I just realized, if the campaigns get removed and there will only be maps, it got a huge potential for variety in enlisted! new maps from big events, but to small to be a campaign at its own, could be added! All the smaller but important battle could become part of enlisted… What do you think?

Examples of maps which could be added for the german vs soviet faction. We could easily get maps like:

• Brest fortress
  • Kharkov
  • Kursk
  • Warsaw
  • Leningrad
  • Sevastopol
  • Minsk
  • Rzhev
  • Demyansk
  • Riga

So many great oppertunities, what do you think?

grafik

20 Likes

I completely agree. My next guess is invasion of France but we could have so much more after that

4 Likes

In the roadmap, they did mention “new campaign in a new format”. I think this is indicating that there will be more new big location to be added.

3 Likes

I mean what’s the point of having Kursk if we potentially get Tiger 2 vs IS-2 there?

9 Likes

More maps to fight in.

4 Likes

exactly, now we can have MANY nice things, much easier too.

3 Likes

Variety. If is2 and tiger compete in berlin as the only map of enlisted which can be played on, who would play enlisted? Maybe a month or 2 but always the same map is way too boring, we need more content…

1 Like

Personally I have zero interest in historical battles, cities or locations if the weapons/vehicles are fictional there.

New maps like “field”, “bocage” – sure. But for Budapest or Brest Fortress I expect immersion with both location and vehicle aesthetics.

8 Likes

Playerbase understanding:
“Removal of all campaigns!”

Meanwhile DF:
“Two new campaigns in a new format in 2023”

Playerbase takes on the upcoming changes:

“There will be no more Moscow - just generic snow/autumn village maps!

Listen, no more Stalingrad, forget about Berlin - just generic urban maps with no connection to any historical places whatsoever.”

Meanwhile:

“Wow now they can easily add maps like Battle of Kursk/Bulge.

Oh, cool – soon we might see Kasserine Pass/Sicily”

It’s kinda confusing.
Will we have campaigns in the future or not?
And should we/DF just call them “maps” now?

April: “Commanders, new desert maps coming to Enlisted!”

September: “Commanders, let’s take a first look on our new forest maps coming soon”.

Something tells me this is not how things will be promoted/labeled in the future.

9 Likes

It seems like new campaign will be separated from the tech tree for a while when they are released, then it will get added into the tech tree.

1 Like

Variety can be achieved without getting unthinkable crap like is-2 in Moscow. There are plenty of late 44/early 45 locations and settings in which those vehicles can fight in open areas

3 Likes

But have you thought about always the same set of top tier weapons might also be boring?

Diversity may not only mean diversity of maps but also diversity of weapons, and moreover diversity of combat style based on historical weapons on specific maps. Custom preset of equipment like in War Thunder will enable quick switch to low tier battle even you have already reached late game.

Anyway more maps is always good, I do not expect everyone agree with historical accuracy, maybe the devs give an option or improve custom game is good enough. With more active players, and more maps added for each period of the war, the contradiction between diversity and historical accuracy will eventually be solved.

1 Like

That would mean we get more than four maps per year which are not just part of the already existing “bigger” map.

1 Like

Well. They still call them campaign in their roadmap which is just illogical at this point. But I guess they will still sell it as new campaigns.

That would fit their style.

1 Like

We want to play more maps, and historical authenticity should be compromised. Please introduce new game mechanics as soon as possible

Its like they are telling two opposing stories but actually wanna stick with one. Either because they dont see it/ ignorance or because they know that saying new maps and new gear for tech tree sounds lame.

1 Like

When did everyone agree?

4 Likes

There are so many solutions regarding satisfying historical accuracy, balancing and diversity together.

Abandon of historical accuracy is not a unavoidable result of diversity, but may be a result of laziness of developers.

2 Likes

The word “campaign” is just to describe a bigger location, map is just smaller location. Like Berlin campaign have 3 map: Seelow Height, and 2 Berlin map. Besides that, it seems like they will be some stuff like weapon ,items and unit will be released together with the campaign.