The PPD-34/38 is disgustingly good for the starting SMG

Why Devman why. It’s practically a laser beam of death and it bounces around a helluva lot less than the MP-28. Combine this with it’s high firerate and the PPD-34/38 is basically two or even three times better than the MP-28 from my experience.

3 Likes

tell me what they should get then

1 Like

New formula is better against Germs

13 Likes

Ppd_34_38_40
Looks right to me. Rate of fire around 800-1000

1 Like

That’s a great question and one that I can’t really answer fairly. In the past I’ve suggested they get a double barrel at the first rank and then the PPD-40 much farther down the tree, but that ain’t fair in the slightest cause it will be true misery until they get the PPD which then they’d crush everything

its a beast at close range but suffers at long range. the german MGs are very strong weapons but suffer from recoil and long reload time. Every weapon/faction has strengths and drawbacks, would it really be an improvement if everything was symmetrical?

2 Likes

I don’t want symmetry though. Another problem with the PPD-34 and PPD-34/38 is that less that less than 5000 were produced. By all means it should be like a premium squad weapon

mp 28…

something tells me that you play germany in moscow.

either way, complaining won’t solve you much i’ll tell you that.

which, at the question:

you answered with:

which, makes you self aware. something that can’t be said for many people when it comes to german players ( i hate to be rude, but that’s reality at this point ).

so, if you allow me to spend a few words, you seems someone that is willing to listen and learn from mistakes.

so in this scenario, the right question is, what can i do considering what i have and considering what the opponents has.

which, as somewhat veteran of this game,

i can greatly suggest and aprove what @116086931 said:

try always to use in advantage your equipment.

if you have alots of bolt actions, don’t run in a straight line to close quarter.
but move from cover and cover and pick targets at distant range.

outsmart the opponents. cut their reinforcement, upgrade your weapons, and try to learn maps from experience.

Rotation somewhat helps you to do that.

but, i’m not sure if you are looking for suggestions to begin with :sweat_smile: either way, if you have questions, someone somewhere is always up to discuss or help.

which to answer this, well, this game is designed to be asymetrical. in order to provide different experience and from there, have a non linear gameplay.

meaning that thinking matters majority of the time ( and good aim. )

2 Likes

what makes you think I do…?

I actually mainly play Soviet on Moscow

here is my shitty opinion no one asked for

the soviets have slightly better gear overall in moscow. but its not enough to make the campaign unbalanced

3 Likes

Tbh I kinda don’t really want to see it in the game at all. just like the AVS-36 and PPS-42 in Berlin. They just seem super out of place for a “realistic” game. The PPD-34/38 would be better in like a Winter War thing

Honestly the MP-28 seems a bit off to me too. I’m pretty sure the Wehrmacht and probably the SS only used 32-round magazines in it. The 20-rounders were like police only and I think they stopped being produced by 1932 or something like that, although I don’t have a source for that on me at the moment.

2 Likes

Dude, in the game, the Germans’ initial equipment is degraded, that’s a fact. The MP 28 had a fire rate of 550 and 32 rounds in the magazine, and they dug out the numbers 440 from somewhere. It’s useless to ask for justice, from lazy people for whom there is no balance, this is: (haha, the Germans are dying from my 800 shots, and I didn’t aim!)

Short answer: moscow is the only campaign with
working assymetrical balance, you need to learn to use what you have

2 Likes

I don’t really understand this phrase.
I got level 26 for the USSR in Berlin, using the same weapons as in Moscow: PPD, PPSh, SVT, AVS, DP.
At the same time Germans have fg, Beretta with 40 rounds, MG with 75 rounds, Panther. Early receipt of MG34. Gewehr 43. And I win easily.
In Moscow Germans have wretched Gewehr 41 with twice longer reload than SVT (in Berlin it is Gewehr 43 vs SVT).
Beretta for 20 rounds instead of 40.
Lack of fg and compensation in the form of zh, which is about equal to Gewehr 43, but doesn’t compare with AVS or FG.
Don’t have Panthers (T-50 is a strong tank, which gives them a lot of problems).
The MG-34 gets at level 20, and the USSR gets a PPD at level 11.
I don’t understand why German gear in Berlin is much better than in Moscow, while Soviet gear is almost the same, but in Berlin Germans lose easily, while in Moscow people talk about balance.

3 Likes

axis berlin loose for the same reason of the US, lack of player base.

6 Likes

I win all battle today on berlin 15 of them for complete lv 17, in every campaign the equipment/veichle is balanced or a little favor one of the two faction every update but the real problems is the playerbase wo every major update shift faction, in the end is a human problems not a game one
Moscow is the only campaign with a decent playerbase all time so “belanced”

It’s pretty hard for me to understand why they wouldn’t play in Berlin, where the Germans are supposed to have the advantage.
Why would people play Moscow, where the Axis have worse weapons, but ignore Berlin?

Because is the starter campaign

1 Like