The German Faction is dead

A lot of it, but not all of it.

One real problem IMO is that they get a mix of equipment that the other factions they face don’t have a counter to.

• Tiger II vs Americans
  • White Phosphorus vs Soviets
  • 80mm mortar vs Americans
  • Ampulomet vs Americans
  • High Capacity AA vs Soviets
  • Ju188 vs Soviets
  • and others.

I know you guys don’t like hearing my suggestions for defense, but its things like this that I try to bring attention to. Less people currently like playing as defense, and it shows.

Even when their equipment is overall better, its still less enjoyable for people to play on defense CURRENTLY, so much so that they would rather quit out.

1 Like

Because defense games are either borring wins or steamroll loses. More often than not, when I win in defense this is because the offensive team cannot even cap the very first point, thus you just wait until the game is finish and the enemy waste their ticket.

On the other hand, the attacking team can easily snowball when taking points in quick succession, easily earning a victory.

Finally, that might be minor but there are many BP task that ask you to capture point, you cannot do so in defense. Also capturing a point is something that gives the player quite a bit of xp points, while defending gives you nothing.

Imo, defense is just boring while attacking is more fun and provide more xp overall.

I don’t like your massively game altering suggestions that have little to nothing to do with what is going on currently. You’ve been beating the same drum for many many months (or years).

I don’t want the game to be more cumbersome or restrictive or require the purchase of more specialized kit.

I just want balance in map/objective rotations and teams.

Nearly all the rest that you suggest will just shift problems from one place to another.

This has been going on for many days

Good. Bout time the Krauts got what we had to suffer through when the Merge hit

1 Like

On EU/EEU Axis suffers enormously in high-BR.
Steamrolling invasions in 7-10 min (!)
Sometimes there are only BR III and uptiered BR II players, for Axis. And sometimes there are fully equipped gold ranks players that are totally clueless how to play this game.

Also worth mentioning is that the level of BR US is very high at the moment. You always have competent teammates. Not as common for USSR. But still

Spoiler

I believe the majority of the best players who queued Axis right after merge are either playing something else or not playing at all (waiting for the next event). Sure there are stacks here and there, and one or another really good Axis main truthful to his faction …
but it really doesn’t matter. Axis is overall “dead” atm in the sense of competitiveness.
However, as everyone knows, this can change next week …

3 Likes

It honestly needs to though, otherwise the games always play out pretty much the exact same every game. It’s turning into the monotony of CoD where the same meta gear is being spammed every game, rather than games being played in a more dynamic manner.

Different designs of fortifications would change every game, and since each game would then be a little different, players would need to bring more specialized kits instead of just one-size-fits all kits.

Its to keep the game interesting as well as fair.

1 Like

Let me be a jackass - ha! Shame on you for not placing rallies, ha!

Why place rallies when our onslaught is so constant and uninterrupted, that we don’t even need to respawn to win?

That’s what an unfair stomp is…

1 Like

I don’t even think this is a population problem, its rather that those “popularity trends” that you folks are talking about mostly only effect good players.

I don’t see my German team full with bots, instead the noobs that don’t care about trends keep playing what ever faction they want.

Bonus Silver for playing a faction that is loosing alot at the moment due to popularity could fix that - heck I bet the devs have access to the daily winrates of each faction - implementing such mechanic can’t be all that difficult right?

1 Like

Or in other words “we are chads, we don’t die, we don’t need rallies”

I like it ha

They definitely do, it’s how they tweak caping time differently for each factions…

It would be a piece of cake to implement.

(Heck even H&G managed to do it)

We just saw it was unnecessary, so unbalanced this match was. Enemy couldn’t do a thing. Next cap was starting being captured in 30 after the last one got taken.

I lvled my Corsair squad after my initial squad finally died…

1 Like

Or by the time you get to your rally setup area the german capture point is already being taken.

2 Likes

Where are the Germans??

0 Ue1oqQ-SwUreAbje

This is so “funny”…
I play USA and after the merge playing was no fun due to being destroyed by Germans in 90% of the battles.
But things have changed, now playing is no fun due to destroying Germans in 90% of the battles.
I played BR 2, 3 and 5.
Maybe I should try BR 4, hoping for more Pacific battles, hoping there are still players there…?

1 Like

I also switched servers and noticed that the Soviets are overwhelmed when Eastern European servers are included.
It seems that many players want to play their own country, just as there are a certain number of Japanese who play only the Japanese faction.

That’s what I hate about BR. Monotony. Thankfully I have BR III to spare me of that

I regret that I have but one heart to give to this post.

Thank you for this! I was exasperated the other night after getting continually thrown into hopeless matches defending as the Germans in Normandy.

I changed the options to allow for matches on the European servers, and, while not total, the notable increase in both map variety and the quality of my teammates saved me tremendous aggravation!

1 Like

I play at least on two servers, sometimes all of them of various reasons. mainly cuz I will get less vulnerable to match with “not so good” players.

How so?

My experience is that the sequences going on at the same time, moving the same set of players, are more evident during non-busy hours.
And if you find yourself in the right loop you’ll have a great series of matches. In the wrong loop - you’re doomed.

For example: had 2-3 bad games in a row (with more or less the same set of players) on “EU only”, decided to desert a conquest battle, and all of a sudden I got into this other loop with different sets of players and I had 2-3 great games in a row (on EU).

Queuing on multiple servers is a good way to keep your sanity.

3 Likes

I agree Axis team is now full of turds.
So much so that even I cant carry them to victory anymore.