The current effectiveness of HE-TF against balloon

So, it currently takes 10 HE-TF round to destroy 1 balloon and only 1 APCBC to destroy a balloon. Does this mean balloon is the most powerful air object?

And this is what happen if you fire into the sky

I think the crew forgot to set the fuse time

2 Likes

The fuse should be automatical.

If the plane is near to your shot, projectile should automatically explode.

Manually setting the fuse up would be extremely annoying and slow for enlisted’s pace.

7 Likes

That is proximity shell. This is a time fuze shell.

I was speaking of game mechanics, not how shell is behaving irl.

But of course, if there was proximity ww2 shell for 8,8cm, they should just swap them.

1 Like

Enlisted is using War Thunder mechanic for this, why should they change just for this shell? I though you like consistency?

I couldn’t care less about WT mechanics. I don’t see reason why we should accept useless mechanic just because it’s in WT.

Devs already tweaked many things that came from WT. And there’s no reason to not to do so in this case.

3 Likes

Then just give it regular HE shell if you think it is useless.

What is the reason of doing so? Why not we also add some proximity shell to every tank and plane?

Flakpanzer HEFI-T takes 67 rounds to pop a balloon which seems a bit high

4 Likes

yea that is really high

What? What’s the logic behind that? To replace one type of ammo that has completely useless mechanics with another type of ammo that has no mechanics at all against aircraft?

Can you give me one reason why you have a such huge problem with the game calculating fuse time by itself?

I guess soon we’ll have to shift the transmission only manually, since that’s realistic. No auto mode allowed.

So you can stop complaining the time fuze shell is useless.

That is not how it works? Or are you giving all plane or aa gun the same treatment?

Lol auto mode did exist in War Thunder.

even the flakpanzer’s API-T takes 21 rounds to pop a balloon which seems excessive for solid shot when x8 .50 and x2 20mm are enough to pop a balloon from the Fiat G 55

Seems like you are very consistent with your arguments, lol.

Game mechanics do not reflect reality. I would have thought a someone like you could understand something like that. But I guess not.

It’s funny that in one case you don’t care that there’s some fancy auto mode for vehicles that only had manual transmissions, but in the other case you find a similar thing incredibly annoying because it’s not “how it works”.

Definition of hypocrisy.

Lol because they are different?
Auto mode is just ai do the shifting for you. But you are trying to make a new proximity shell.

I don’t see difference. :slight_smile:

One is simplified stuff, the other is add non existence functionality.

Yeah, because setting up fuse for you just isn’t simplification.
You can just imagine some of your AI loaders did it for you.

And auto mode for vehicles with manual transmission didn’t exist.

So I could literally use uno reverse card.

I am not going to waste any more time with this pointless discussion.

Lol except the fuse was set before firing. So in no way the shell will automatically explode when near them like you said. You just don’t even know how things work and thought they are the same.

Auto loader doesn’t exist in those ww2 tank, you don’t need to manually control to load the shell, so this is such a poor point.

One big LOL.

Fuse time was setup because the bombers flew in formation at the same altitude. And it was always set up so the shells were blasting around them. And the shrapnel would then destroy them.
hat was literally the whole point.

You’re probably just some aut*** person who doesn’t understand that I just want to get some results, but with respect to how fast the game is.

With the way you want it, this mechanic will be completely useless against classic player controlled planes.
But I guess that’s your point. You just don’t want this vehicle to be effective against planes. That’s all, be at least honest :))).

Lol that is still different from your shell will automatically explode when near them.

How fast the game is has nothing to do with it lol.

Heavy aa is mainly for bomber formation.