Stop paywalling game mechanics

To say I’m not a fan of paywalled game mechanics is an understatement. Game mechanics are the essence of a game! I really liked the solution in the case of APCs, the game included basic APC vehicles mainly to allow players to experience the new mechanics, and premium APCs, which were cooler and armored. It seems to me that this is the most optimal solution. In the case of paratroopers, I would see a solution where free paratroopers are without an equipment box, and no second weapon/backpack due to having a parachute. In the case of the latest announced update, the implementation of new mechanics would look like in the case of HMG, where a player buying a premium squad immediately gets the ability to use artillery unlocked, and free players have to unlock this skill themselves.

I really dislike the passivity of all helpers and developers on this issue, in the official thread NONE of the officials commented on the outrage related to the whole situation. After the new update, if I enter the game and I get killed by mechanics that I can’t use myself, I don’t think that the rest of the content that will come with the update will keep me for long.

25 Likes

Yeah, we should finally get tech tree paratroopers. Since they’re not even OP nor meta for quite some time already.

It’s disgrace we still didn’t get them.

14 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s optimal as it’s (small but still) payed advantage.
The optimal solution would be to have only cosmetic or equivalent in power stuff behind paywall. But nothing is perfect.

5 Likes

yea i completely forgot that we still didnt have TT para in game since there is quite a lot of event for them

1 Like

Paratrooper should be added in the TT, with just one or two customizable crate slot

As for the rocket artillery, is just a slower but powerful version of basic artillery who maybe can kill a tank, imo can stay premium until further change

2 Likes

well, it was relatively most optimal solution compared to not having the new game mechanics at all.

1 Like

it is simply much better version of arty. lasts twice as much with tank killing potential. i dont like OP stuff being locked behind paywall cause it makes game p2w.

6 Likes

It’s slower because fire more warning shot also for kill tank need hit them in the right spot, not exactly OP

it fires rocket every 0.4 seconds instead of 0.3 seconds for regular arty. also it fires more, 24 vs 19 and that is enough to give much larger time of denial to the zone.

idk what rockets they will use for rocket arty, but they just need to hit top of the tank to kill it. with 24 rockets in that small of area there is high chance of tank getting killed.

1 Like

it might not be necceserly OP (as it would get nerfed fast anyway) but it might be more useful in some cases, i don’t really want to be limited on mechanics available.

1 Like

and the tank need be in the small rectangle of the payable area, who is never going happen as we can immagine so technically nothing is changed

I would give your right if grey zone tank wasn’t so normal in the game or there wasn’t a grey zone at all

just cause majority of tanks are in gray zone doesnt mean that it wont be useful for that minority of times when they are in playable area.

what bothers me is that rocket arty is straight up upgrade without any downside compared to tech tree arty. considering that it is behind paywall/event it makes it p2w (if you dont get it at event).

7 Likes

I would suggest instead to buff normal artillery to the level of the 80mm mortar of soviet and German so it can damage or lucky kill tank as well

1 Like

True. Personally I very dislike that this is where the game is heading.

6 Likes

it would still need to be even with duration and number of shells. tank killing potential is only small part of complaint. for me it is more OP that you basically have to avoid death zone for much longer than you would have with regular arty.

2 Likes

well if history repeat itself again then US, USSR and GER will get 2 radio rocket squad while JAP get 1 (event squad that is)

1 Like

For me it can stay mostly how is it,the only change i would see is because rocket weren’t accurate during that’s time compared to artillery, the rocket barrage should be more spread out in a larger area, for be used as deterrent not for saturation strike

zone denying potential is as strong as kill zone potential.

1 Like

Iffy on this. Unless those who paid for some of this get some sort of compensation. (Not all who pay are arseholes)

Though I agree otherwise. But wishful thinking that things will change. Very wishful.

Nothing is paywalled :pensive:

Many event squads are better than premiums (Horn StG is better than StG 45).

But some things (rocket artillery) needs to be limited to mantain proper balance of game :point_up: