STEN Mk.V for British Paratroopers

The STEN Mk.V aka the second best submachine gun of WWII was designed for British Paratroopers and was was miles better than the STEN Mk.II due to the improved quality control and wooden furniture.

And since the STEN Mk.V was the main weapon used by British Paratroopers, how about we get it for free?

STEN Mk.V with No. 4 Mk.I Lee Enfield Bayonet.

20 Likes

cant wait for the Red devils!

sexy uniforms, Nice weapons and sweet maps (Arnhem)

I doubt it but It would be a sweet take on paras to deploy via crash landing a glider :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

British paras would be a must if they add Netherlands/Market Garden maps. I would imagine it would be free as part of an event.

That would be cool but Enlisteds maps would need to be bigger first. They’re just barely big enough for airdropped paratroopers

1 Like

How about you just wait for the Commonwealth to get a dedicated faction

1 Like

What nonsense is that? Do you even own paratroopers? Because the only good option is to land them right onto the objetive.

I really don’t understand that weird obsession about bigger maps. It would make game just more boring. You would build really point 45m from objective anyway.

1 Like

i would like bigger maps, just down to the fact, most run just assaulter’s, if bigger maps, they would have to take a transport, to get around, instead of just running, obj to obj, and finish game in 9 mins.

1 Like

No, they’ll would run first one minute with engineering squad to build rally near objective and then do completely same things as nowadays.

Rally points would be just more OP and must have than currently are.

1 Like

Yes, I do. Dropping them on the objective is very hit or miss, it only works well if you have the element of surprise and no one sees you drop in. Most players will freak out and swarm you once they see you drop.

It’s not really an obsession. I’m totally fine with current map size, the point was that they’re too small for gliders. But paratroopers would make more sense if they had more space to build those flanking rallies without being noticed. And if they increase map size, objective size, and players per match (which they’d have to) it would likely bring lots of other benefits. Explosive/WP spam and airstrikes would be less effective because the points would be larger and more spread out. Game modes like Assault, Destruction, and Conquest would be a lot more fun to play.

1 Like

That would be so slow for this game, you would lose 100 - 200 points as attacker during your wasting time. And imagine those paratuches wouldn’t be noticed, that’s just hilarious even think of. You would just lose biggest advantage of paras, they’re basically shock troops.

You need consistently pushing on defenders, not wasting your best chance to surprise them just for build flanking rally (which you can pretty much easily build with any other squad)

Bigger maps doesn’t mean bigger objectives. Even nowadays big objectives are thing on some maps. Devs could just increase size of objetives on current maps, we don’t need bigger maps to have bigger objectives.

Bigger maps means only two thing, more running and rally points would be even more important. It would be just disadvantage for good players because you would more depend on your team. If your team would be trash, you would have even worse chance to win than currently.

For the real ones who has known this

Yes we need red devils

2 Likes

I bet you they are gonna butcher theyr uniform just as they do with all other uniforms.

You know they were part of Normandy landings right? 6th Airborne Division.

actually what was so good on sten ? besides its looks that i actually like … it was unreliable plumbers nightmare after all

only reason why germans decided to copy it was because it was good as a last ditch gun, otherwise they would never touch it

so its the second worst smg at best if not first
it was MP-18 stripped of all good features :grin:

It was good for the same reason the t34 was good. Easy and cheap to produce.

If Sten is second, what is best SMG in your opinion then?

I would prefer the Patchett Mk.I the acnestor of the sterling smg future successor of sten

3 Likes

so true, was in pacific, beach map, and guess where all the paras dropped lol, on the hill, was like 3 squads up there doing nothing.

as i mention earlier, they would have to use transports, and rally points, become very important :smiley:

why, because they cant just run a 100 meters to each obj, with assaults’, and would have to use tactics, instead of just zerg rushing? :stuck_out_tongue:

And ofc, there’s nothing wrong with rushing, in just a arcade game, arcade is for people who don’t like playing matches with FF, not that we have this mode yet, so hope we do

not a real issue there, as most will leave when they see team, not as good as them anyway :slight_smile:

But if they where to introduce a realistic battles, like WT with FF, this is mode i would choose over, just arcade.

The Owen gun, known officially as the Owen machine carbine, was an Australian submachine gun designed by Evelyn Owen in 1938. The Owen was the only entirely Australian-designed and constructed service submachine gun of World War II and was used by the Australian Army from 1942 until 1971.

it was useful, suitable for situation of UK then, was affordable, but i wouldnt say it was good, lanchester was good , there brits made a good step, but sten was made out of neccessity not out of inovative development towards better weapon overall, owen gun is different story though

t-34 is something totally different mate, it was in many ways good and in many ways horrible and it was tank not a smg , first versions very cramped inside… etc

… what is the first one mate?

Owen is nice.

But is it his opinion as well?