Soviets panzerfaust

well yeah the issue is that USSR just used hordes of tanks so no need for an AT weapon (historically). But at least putting a panzerfaust there keeps the historical flavor, at least that is my opinion. For example when the Panzerschreck comes i would prefer for the soviet to get a Bazooka instead of a “captured” panzerschreck. Also since Germany has various SMGs (either German or italian) i dont see any reason to add soviet one as well. I prefer to keep capture equipment to a minimum and only added when there is no other way around.

1 Like

Polish BAR’s?? About 14,000, some of which were captured by the Soviets.

And yes I know use of them is well documented - but not so much the Kbsp wz.38M - ~55 made, only 1 confirmed useage of it ever and that by a Pole… which is also a good approximation of the number of known battle uses of the SKS-31 - 0 +/-1!

The in-game variant is the wz-28, not 38… And around 24000 were made

1 Like

yes sorry - forgot the 10,000 the Belgians made - but irrelevant - they are well known as used by the Germans - like Pz-Fausts - same same - I only mentioned it in conjunction with talking about common use of captured weapons.

that is NOT the automatic rifle that I neabt when I said it “barely existed” - THAT is the wz.38M

That is, you are confused by the historical accuracy, but you are not at all worried about the “plugs” of dynamites, grenades, AA, AT-guns that all factions use instead of their historical ones?

wz.38M yeah its in Berlin, not normandy
that one is a rare one. but, i m glad its in the game, that gun simply owns.

i have to stop buying premium squads x)

1 Like

the historical ones also have captured versions. because… its what history tell us.

i have no problem with that. as long as it mantains a strong base of “was that used in that time period and or by that squad or army”

1 Like

So not the wz.38M then, nor the SKS-31…

i can live without them. not that i want them removed.

does they make the game more special/fun and unique?
yeah. for sure.

same applys for m2 hyde, mp40/I , m1/m2 , m24’chaffee , jumbos and what ever…

and all batlepass weapons. they make the game more special/fun. regardless of usage in the war/history.

is a strange topic to deal with. history autenticity or game play fun.

thats a deep topic and contradicts prety much what i stated above.

Not really - all those were actualy used - the 2 I mentioned were only ever used for troop trials - the Soviet one MAY have seen a small amount of action - but no one seems to know. The Polish one NEVER saw service with the germans - it is fantasy.

Make the game unique?

What would REALLY be unique would be an fast paced hisistorically accurate WW2s quad based FPS… ther are “fantasy” WW2 games, ther are some pretty hard core “historical games”… this one could have ben a fast paced game with good accuracy too…but that is long lost now.

1 Like

just imagine it was actually used by a german squad, and there is actually some document proving that and we simply dont have access to it or its on public domain.?.

41HCPoMWzsL.SX268

Yes - imagination is required - a major component of all fantasy.

1 Like

The thing is, SMGs need captured ammo with them, so they’re only so useful. Panzerfaust are single-shot disposable.

3 Likes

Where are all my OP russian weapons in the hands of German troops then?
I demand PPD-40’s for Moscow Germans, Garands, thompsons and PIAT’s for Normandy Germans, and RD-44’s and PPSH’s for Berlin Germans.

2 Likes

Also good point, i don’t know why they don’t improve this already.

1 Like

Micro vs macro.
Russians found entire storage points full of German weapons. They killed/captured millions on the retreat therefore various weapons where laying on the floor. Germany captured as well but on a much much smaller scale. The Mosins they captured in 41 where where used in bulk by the volkssturm in 44 but the other weapons where used here and there. By the 44 time most russian weapons in German hands had run dry or the bearer was killed.

It is nothing compared to the panzershrek usage. They found enough to give 1 in 6 russians one. It would be weird to not have that in the game. The other weapons are more a luxury, the way they implenent them right now with premium squads is a good representation.

3 Likes

so basically without ammo then you’ve got nothing also the germans get some OP weapons as well like the mg34 which does semiauto damage and has no recoil.

1 Like

I’m 90% sure dev’s will somewhen add a prem assault squad with PPSh for Germans.

Because millions of Panzerfausts were captured in the Eastern Front between 43 and 44, and by 1945 the soviets had captured so many they became standard issue IRL within doctrine with manuals for use and everything, as well as division based distribution of such?

4 Likes

which is unfortunate because they are extremely inefficient against infantry packed into a room.

1 Like