Soviet need paratroopers?

From history, after the tragic dnieper offensive, soviet paratroopers was reconstructed in guard division in 1944, but they them dont see 10% of the same action than their counterpart in other nation, so at this point my question is:

Soviets need them?

Maybe this can be expanded in a future suggestion if someone want do it, soviet can get shoocktrooper forces instead of paratroopers, who can be deployed on the playable area (left-rigth border) and so used for flank enemy

Or maybe partisian unit…

Edit: @142083083 already answered sov para are already in the game file

6 Likes

Or partisans.

Around 2:08

5 Likes

@VoyoMayPL

:point_up:

2 Likes

Lame, i guess assimetrical balance is for another day

2 Likes

I’m blind. Don’t judge.

2 Likes

Paras is cancer

I don’t mind if one side was dropped onto battlefield at the start of the match. But “It’s raining men” 24/7 in the game that pretends to be atmospheric is just ridiculous.

4 Likes

It would literally be raining men if they added soviet paratroopers. They sometimes dropped without parachutes into deep snow.

3 Likes

they also acted in viazma in 42

Well, the truth is that I would not dislike its addition, although I do not look forward to it

4 Likes

I would love to see partizans with civilian clothing and obrez nagants (very unique) or paratroopers. The paratroopers are already in the game files (VDV)

4 Likes

historically all paras were surely dropped on top of the no mans land even in WW1 lol

1 Like

lol soviets had parachutes ?

1 Like

French paras voices?

Oooh! No, those are my Moroccan warriors ready to jump in Normandy! Their battle robes act as chutes.

2 Likes

They did drop without parachutes iirc XD

Edit:

Found this:
During WW2, Soviet paratroopers occasionally jumped without a parachute into snowdrifts or water from planes flying low and slow.

and also this clip:

3 Likes

Airborne troops will be added to each nation, army. Because it will be a bit bad in Berlin if the Germans will be able to deploy paratroopers, and the Russians will not when the new mechanics of the army and campaign will enter.

So… you’re telling me those silly action movie scenes where ppl walk ON a flying plane… Are a thing???

They had balls…

Edit: that’s such a bad way to jump… Look at 00:20… right side… there’s 3 guys having their chutes entangled togheter…

4 Likes

Well, that’s one way to see it

4 Likes

If that´s ruining your immersion already I guess it won´t be any worse if I tell you that Paramarines never did a combat jump. There where no combat jumps by german paratroopers in late war France and if you want to be nitpicky the japanese never attempted a combat jump against american forces.

giphy-downsized

or they had to disembark cause plane was too undriveable clueless they invented parachuting itself

1 Like

yes, in fact it was a pioneer in the development of airborne troops together with Italy in 30’s