Since "historical accuracy" is back as an argument

Since we change the much beloved G43K because of “HA”, we should have a discussion about historical accuracy in a broader sense.

STG 44 shoots too fast. Those guns had a fire rate of about 500, just like all the event, gold order, and premium STG style weapons.

Why am I bringing this up, despite me being a German main?

Well I have been thinking recently, and this HA argument can be the first step towards REAL asymmetrical balance.

I think we can rebalance all the factions so that they actually have their historically accurate strengths and weaknesses.

The BR system can be enhanced into a much much stronger asymmetrical weapon placement.

If such system would exist, we could go completely nuts.

Imagine if you are a new player and right off the batch you feel the uniqueness of the faction you just picked.

US was the first nation to ever fully adopt self loading rifles for practically every soldier.

Soviets had entire platoons equipped with SMGs

Germany had increadibly advanced MGs early in the war.

Japanese killed themselves.

Imagine the possibilities.

It would thematically be correct that M1 Garands would fight Kar98s however together with MG34.

Or to get back to STGs, it would be thematically correct that Germany would mass deploy assault rifles, and with a nerfed rate of fire of lets be fair and say 500rpm for STG44, while MKB42 gets a rate of fire of 450, those guns could easily turn into trooper weapons.

So effectively what I am saying is for the sake of HA and meaningful asymmetrical balance:

US

-M1 Carbine BR1
-M1 Garand BR2
-Johnson BR3
-M2 Carbine BR4
( also pls US needs better AT launcher )

Germany

-MG34 BR2
-MG42 BR3
-TT MG42 with 200 round belt WITH real rate of fire of 1200rpm at BR5
-nerfed rate of fire MKB BR4 for troopers
-nerfed rate of fire STG44 BR5 for troopers

Soviets

-PPSH 41 box mag BR2 ( with fixed dispersion ofc)
-PPS 43 BR3 ( with increased accuracy )
-PPSH 41 Drum mag BR4
-every Soviet Assaulter gets free body armor by default
-Even stronger body armor at BR5

Japan

Honestly don’t know, they only had Hago, Arisaka and Zeros.

Guess with a AP mine rework they could get to carry more or something, or Japan could be the only faction with a big squad charge attack…

You get the idea.

Or the only faction that would be allowed to use 3 planes at the same time.

1 Like

This is certainly a take of all time. And not a good one.

3 Likes

Why not?

forgot to mention FNAB-43 Rmp which is very fast

2 Likes

Schwarzesmarken salute

3 Likes

Indeed.

I mean the G43K getting its burst removed is not even remotely as problematic as MG42 only having 900rpm

1 Like

I would suggest reducing all faction TT to BR 3 or 4 for better because when you reach BR 3, that is where one side is icy cold, and another is burning hot which is the BR you should 100% skip over. So yeah compress BR 1-2 into compressed BR 1, BR 3-4 into compressed BR 2, and BR 5-6 (maybe in future) into compressed BR 3. This will also help make matchmaking faster while coping with low people here.

2 Likes

Really not trying to hate on the Japanese, but its a meme for a reason.

I want HA angles for MG nests and HA dmg for 50. Cals on US tanks.

1 Like

the biggest problem with that is, that enlisted has an overall balance structure with countless details figured out over time. making big changes instantly removes all the balance and will take months to get back under control. in the mean time the game growth will cease and decline will set in again.

the game is still small and was failing for years and cant afford (neither should, even if it could) unnecessary setbacks.

out of all these suggestions i think giving nations like japan distinct abilities likes extra fast charge or some damage shield while charging would be great (its still weaker than burgers, so buffing them is fair). also limiting fire rate on STGs but also buffing damage significantly would be good.

2 Likes

If we’re going to play with HA, then I want all those prototypes (As44, T20, Ho Ri, etc.) completely removed.

And I mean it.

4 Likes

Then Japan is dead and Germany dominates more than Soviets xd

1 Like

So basically turning every STG44 into the new G43K?

Honestly since G43K is a gold order gun, it could have even slower rate of fire - but with extremely good accuracy, while STG takes over its current performance.

Japan TT should be till BR3

1 Like

Exactly

What about BR 4-5?

Gone for good

Then you dig Japan into deeper grave than my previous point. People won’t play Japan anymore because of bolties, shitty tanks, and planes that are stuck at BR 3 when you can move over to Allies because they have pershing…

2 Likes

The point is that Japan could only face US till BR 3 too. If you’re playing US Br4 or 5, then the MM always puts you against Germany.

1 Like

Japanese players would heavily exploit that like they did before they got to be BR5.

1 Like