Simple solution against kamikaze spam

There’s talk about those almost daily. Everyone tries to find a solution against those unsportsmanlike toxic players.

Back in the day there was a simple solution: those players didn’t get xp from their suicide.

But it proved too buggy and difficult to calculate and didn’t prevent them from doing it.

I’ve got a much simpler solution to everyone’s problems against RocketMen3:

• Make bombs from already crashed planes… duds. Make it so they cannot explode AT ALL if the plane they came from, is out of commission.

This way, suicide crashing would be 100% worthless like the players doing it.

Notable exception for the fun of it: Japanese planes. (But they could also have the same mechanism for balance I suppose.)

7 Likes

But what about the droid attack on the Wookies rockets? Usually they explode before someone dies.

1 Like

give them rockets same ~20min delay fuse that bombs has.
Win - Win and Win situation.

1 Like

Good point.

It’s not perfect but is a start. Suicide spammers are often doing it because… they are bad pilots and cannot hit tanks with bombs unless they fly straight into them.

Would at least prevent that.

For rocket spam mostly vs infantry… we will find something else eventually.

1 Like

I don’t think that helps stop anything but players that can’t actually fly.

Dudbombs were a thing, it was common during ww2 that gear would malfunction, be it grenades, bombs, ammo ect ect…

1 Like

Many of them are bomb spammer that doesn’t want to waste time to reload.
They can just drop the bomb and crash once it explode.

you’d be surprised, at how many ppl just cannot aim their bomb well and resort to suicide on tanks.

IF they drop their bombs, succeed in killing a tank and afterward decide to kill their pilot…

well it’s their choice I suppose, but at least the ground kill is deserved, unlike when straight ahead crashing on it.

3 Likes

Those players are usually not suicide spammer. They might suicide few time, but not cycling it with 3 squad. Those experience player know how to maximize the bombing efficiency are more likely to do this.

This is still a suicide spam, he can just quickly cycle his planes and deliver the payload quickly.

Bad idea :-1:

It is already agreed - default plane spawn needs to be moved further from objective, while the ammo reload zone needs to be closer :+1:

(longer time for a plane to reach the battlefield makes the kamikaze less worth it)

There are always those who decry efficient and advantageous ways of fighting
But unwilling to condemn those passive and selfish players who let themselves and their allies be killed?

This is a (war) themed (team) PVP battle
This means players should cooperate and dedicate themselves to each other
Rather than condemning the enemy’s equipment or tactics to slaughter a bunch of cannon fodder unwilling to help each other

War requires efficiency and destruction
Rather than personal subjective morality and spiritual victory or humanitarianism or something like that

The bomb was supposed to explode once it left the plane.
No one is willing to intercept is just individual or collective incompetence
Those passive players will eventually get the death they deserve

The most important thing is to isolate those selfish players
as mentioned before
Use 3 levels to accommodate players with different skills and equipment.
Serious players can avoid being poisoned by casual players and newcomers
Enjoy better teammates and high-quality battles
Casual players and newcomers can play mud below
And you won’t be tortured by serious players

Then they’d better add infantry weapons malfunctions into the mix too.
For the infantry
Except for bad friendly forces
There’s nothing worse than having a bullet jam or explode in the middle of an attack.

They were a thing before

Nothing would change man instead of crashing they would fly away let the bombs explode and then kill themselves

Yeah, but it would still stop people from kamikazing into tanks or objectives.

3 Likes

At least they would require “aiming”. Actual talent over practice, as opposed to rocketman03.

Perhaps after a while, some pilots would get better too.

1 Like

You need to address the real reasons of suicide bombing first, aka greyzone tank spam.

So, how about we remove kills and score from grey zone tanks as well?

Might do more against the plane suicide spam than the actual proposal

1 Like

Not at all…

Suicide spammers have no flight talent, it’s a sure way they found to get tanks down.

To them, it doesn’t matter if a tank is in a grey zone or not. In fact, while flying, you can’t really know either as zones don’t show up.

Plus, most tankers have no idea they are in a grey zone, as the enemy grey zone does not show for the player on the ground either…

1 Like

That’s a cool set of opinion you got there, doesn’t make them facts.

Couple of points from my side:

1.) Taking on a plane can easily be done as a reaction to an observed tank, so you might indeed know where it is … plus any grey zone camper good enough to make a difference to the match knows exactly what he is doing

2.) Bombs, especially 50-100kg ones are… somewhat unreliable (how about bouncing a bomb off the tank…) and with relatively weak dmg radius

3.) Bombs in particular tend to be very much binary, either you destroy the tank or do very humble damage

4.) Due to the above two points, unless the tank gets destroyed you’ll waste way more time flying back and forth than the tanker wastes by speed repairing his tank

5.) There’s currently for the most part no way to stop flying a plane without crashing it anyway, so why would you not? Planes crashing must be an intended feature as no exit points exist as standard. It’s the same thing that forces you to concede points to some random mf who scratched your planes paint.

But like i said, lets make things even and remove score + kills from grey zone tanks. That way every tanker will also be informed about the mechanic :innocent:

Now, if you have a particular problem with suicide plane cyclers then just increase heavily the timer cooldown for the next plane for each suicide.

1 Like

start by making those said zones VISIBLE on the minimap, dude. I play since 3 yrs and even I don’t really know where mine starts & end.

I’m on board, but it won’t prevent suicide from the first plane… so…

Well, you have a cool set of opinion. Doesn’t make them fact regardless.