Sad I won't be able to use KV-2

It’s BR4.

BR4 means Stalingrad and Rzhev (insta quit on high BR) or Berlin (no way in hell there were KV-2s in Berlin, last action in 41-42).

So I can’t use it.

Big sad.

1 Like

you can use it.

i don’t think there are any locks my friend.

however, if you expect to be funny or taken seriously by using a kv2 in low br, it goes without saying that for balances reasons you should not be able to use it.

( yes, i do aknowledge the kv1 argument. but a kv2 is more troublesome when it comes to being mostly powerful outside it’s reload. but if japan gets to be against ussr… yikes )

beside, it can actually take out tigers IIs and panthers.

so, it won’t struggle too much on high brs.
you better not miss though.

( Edit, perhaps the lack of a coax is the biggest downside )

3 Likes

You can use it.

You choose not to, friend.

8 Likes

But on which map?

Stalingrad and Rzhev are insta quit on BR4 (Panthers and stuff didn’t even exist), and in Berlin I can’t use it out of moral beliefs :sob:

I would actually prefer a “Battle of Moscow” event or something like this

Maybe a single KV-2 could be spawned there alongside a single Flak Bus or something.

berlin, Stalingrad & Rzhev

so… you kinda want it easy.

got it.

sure.

but i’m not sure how really you expect any of that to happen since.

battle of moscow is kinda very niche as not many players would really play on the german side.

granted, the new marders would and could put up some work.

but the infantry arsenal would be pretty much lacklaster at best. or the tank, airplane and even anti tank weapon selection.

but, it depends which period. pre moscow a bit of a nightmare. late moscow, slighlty less painful

if anything, historical pves can be fun.

soviets experience = relaxing / automatic fest against hoards of enemies

german experience = tactical / slow phased fest against hards of enemies

to each their own. but yeah good luck for the pvp side.
or HA for that matter.

'cause, enlisted playerbase wants anything but ha.

well, as it goes for the event too.

we have been over this time and time over.
yep, you guessed it: :point_right: editor

you’d be surprised how actually easy it would be in your case for what you want to do.

literally no limitations.
( unless you’re planning on making pves like me. in that case, good luck as well. because these shitty servers do not load custom made maps nor fully loads the sessions without some bugs or major annoyances. i’m this close from quitting. i’m going to be honest. but i kinda owe it to some people of this modding community. and i do not want to waste their time that they shared with me. )

You can use it customs. Problem solved.

2 Likes

Funny that you asume Moscow BR4 matches dont happen - the MM is still bugged, last week I saw even a IS2 in Moscow.

fact

Spongebob Geige

2 Likes

I can’t.

My WW2 feel doesn’t let me drive the 1939-41 vehicle in Berlin or face Panthers in Rzhev where they didn’t exist.

:tipping_hand_man:

Where’d you get that?

No, I just wish DF stopped adding content for the sake of content.

Otherwise soon we’re gonna have another War Thunder where

SMK

Is fighting against E-100 in Berlin

Just because “the BRs match” or something like that.

With no relation to actual WW2.

I am convinced that “if X can only be put in a ahistorical BR/maps, X shouldn’t be added to the game”.

Better no content X than badly placed content X.

I hate seeing KV-2 in Berlin.

It was never there.

There is an orbat for Kursk that shows 10 KV-2’s were in use there - most were made unserviceable but 5 recorded as “DEST & ABDN” and several damaged- I had access to that source 10+ years ago - I’ll see if I can find it again…

ETA: Found it - https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA360311.pdf ← it is text in this document

they start in Voronezh front:
and get transfered to 3rd Mech Corps:

Many were repaired evidently more than once:

And 3 replaced - whatever that means:

Plus of course there was at least 1 KV-2 in Berlin :slight_smile:

1 Like