Rounding Out BR 5 For All Nations

fedorov is classified as AR so assaulter only weapon. also it has 1.3 lower damage than type hei AR, lower recoil per bullet, higher ROF, 5 bullets extra and almost double dispersion of type hei AR.

type hei AR is basically super buffed fedorov.

also t20 is buffed version of fg42 II.

1 Like

Are there any in-game anti-tank or artillery weapons with penetration values that are completely fictional and not based on real-world specifications? I don’t understand why people are laughing.

After reviewing it again, it turns out that the information was based on speculation rather than facts.
I apologize for any misunderstandings. However, since there are no publicly available specifications for the T24, it is unlikely to appear. Lastly, regarding Japanese anti-tank weapons, the data you mentioned based on the 75mm is also just subjective speculation. There is no evidence that such a weapon has a 200mm caliber or that it has a penetration capability of 200mm. Therefore, it is unlikely to appear in the game.

The GrB 39 can penetrate 80mm of armor at a 60-degree angle, so a penetration value of around 90mm could be plausible if measured at 90 degrees or considering various factors. However, since the Japanese weapon shown in the photos lacks any specific penetration figures, it would need to be assigned a completely fictional value for its release. Therefore, I am generally skeptical about its potential release.

The Ho-Ri in game is exactly this, and yet it is not a problem?

A single value being fictional is ignorable as the HEAT grenade and the firing platform both existed and were tested.

This game is not a show of realism so arguing about such details is pointless.

Hori is a fictional creation related to engine and armor statistics, but the cannon mounted on Hori is an actual real-world object.

There you go, as you just admitted yourself some fictional stats are fine for the game, it is only a game for fun afterall and not some archive of 100% accurate weapon representations.

I think this concludes our discussion.

1 Like

It seems like you misunderstood. I was discussing the accuracy regarding penetration, not the accuracy of the armor or engine. My comments were solely about the ‘penetration’ accuracy. I wasn’t talking about the overall accuracy of the game. Please don’t act as if you’ve won the argument suddenly.

from ian v. hogg encyclopedia of infantry weapons of ww2
m6 (or m6a1/m6a2 rocket at 30°) rocket for m1/m1a1 bazooka:
panzerfaust
ofenrohr
Small arms of the world, Smith, W. H. B. (Walter Harold Black), 1955 edition

i am not saying that these numbers are all correct, but there are various sources that claim bazooka could penetrate up to 120mm for m6a3 rocket (currently in m9 bazooka ingame) and that 102mm penetration is actually for standardized 30° testing (most sources dont include angle for armor penetration).

also lets not forget adding 15mm steel armor value to wood for balance.

btw apparently hogg quotes 120mm penetration for m6a3, but i couldnt get the book to actually check it out.

1 Like

Anyway, the important thing is that the 102mm penetration of the M9 bazooka is based on real-world examples, not a completely fictional figure. As this example shows, most of the infantry anti-tank weapons currently available in the game are based on actual specifications.

U.S. Army handbook, 1939-1945, George Forty, 1979

basically penetration was based on rocket
m6 - 80mm
m6a1/m6a2 - 100mm
m6a3 - 120mm

we currently have m6 in m1 bazooka - 60mm and m6a3 in m9 bazooka with 102mm.

1 Like

In the game, the M9 bazooka is said to use a 100mm penetration round, right? If the actual round is the M6A3, it would be nice if it got a buff. Also, differences of about 10-20mm based on real values can occur due to various factors in reality.

1 Like

That’s a MG 08/15

1 Like

i have not seen original documents from testing, but i assume that most numbers are based on 30° standardized testing. when you translate that to 0° you get that penetration difference.

They made stick mags for it too

Plus it being 600 rpm idk

2 Likes

I see MP SS 42/ZK 403 being BR 4 at best. Maybe give Germany the M1923 Thompson since they trialed it in 1924? :rofl:

Imgur

1 Like

Where does this information come from?

It’s in the OP, but I can repost it:

Imgur
Imgur

No. Can I have the book itself? Please. Title. Author?

Thanks. Corrected.