Reworking old locations: Walking through frosty Moscow and sultry Tunisia

Can these 8.8 cm Flak 37s from Moscow be replaced with the 85 mm Air Defense Gun M1939 (52-K) from Stalingrad? It make much more sense to see the latter since Battle of Moscow is really about the Soviets defending outskirt of Moscow from the German army. (Both photo were taken before the merge)

21 Likes

Can we remove Normandy and Bulge from the BR 1/2 rotation like it was before? That way we have more chance to actually play Tunisia.

12 Likes

I’ve suggested before (and il suggest again)

that they need an array of last played game maps.

if new game contains a map that is within the array it goes for the next game, if no new games can be found, then it loops back into whats available (even if its within the array)

once the array has say 5 maps in it, it then shifts out the oldest entry, note a map type can be individual so you could do the Bulge map 3x in a row if each was different (conquest, confrontation, invasion, forwards, reverse etc)

this would shuffle the maps and would kill the continuous current 5 maps that seem to get cycled. which IMO would be a welcome change

3 Likes

I haven’t thought about this before, it’s logical, I think the developers should look at it

I agree with you, the Ardennes and Normandy are clearly not for the 1-2 br, the landing in Normandy began, if I’m not mistaken, in 1944, and the Ardennes were after this operation. I think that in the Future for the 1-2 br there will be Sicily, Italy (except for this operation for the Americans no, something for 1-2 br against the Germans) after that they can remove Normandy and Bulge from rotation 1-2

1 Like

history aside, normandy and bulge were not designed for BR1-2 weapons.
The attackers have a much easier time to win in these matches than the defenders.

2 Likes

this is both historically illogical and unbalanced for 1-2, you need to untie them from 1-2
This operations started (1944&1945)

I would like to see more grass on the hills.

Just the change on tunisia was necessery so please do not change moscow maps becauses they are already well balance.

New maps meaning the battle of bulge?

Yep bulge is easily one of the worst campaign with the map of tunisia with holes as objectives.

I just hope you make those avaliable for all tiers. Right now im grinding hard on tier 4 and i would love to see more diverse map rooster

I don’t know if these changes actually do anything in regards to balance or game-play.

But please have a look on Pacific of US. There are so many maps where you just can’t push, or you have to trade 80-90% of your spawn tickets just to take one point. Every single point for attackers is uphill, crossing a river, or places where you have no rally point due to play area.

Please consider adjustments to the terrain, adding 1 bridge does not help when you get killed from 60 meters anyway.

• Terrain changes to adjust constant uphill battle while crossing a river
  • Open up the play area for attackers, the play area borders are too aggressive on some maps.
  • More possible rally point placement. Every point right now you have to attack some sort of island with no cover and no place to put up rally point without instantly being spoted.

To make things even worse what is the point of airplanes carriers apart from roleplay?

It’s slow and has very limited skyboxes, you cannot get altitude fast. Meaning you have to go past the objective and turn your plane around for a proper bombing dive.

Not to mention you are easy pray for enemy planes that are already in the air because you just cannot get altitude fast enough until reaching the objective.

The altitude limitation after taking off, makes the gameplay really frustrating, it’s slow, you waste time turning around to get altitude and makes you an easy target. Please remove this limitation, after take off let us get altitude fast.

You prob have the data, and can see the US win ratio on the Pacific, and you can see that most of the time some bases are not even passed. Work on these basses. Make them better.

1 Like

thats overall good, one important detail has to be considered:

adding roads everywhere isnt a general improvement, it depends on the map and its intrinsic atmosphere.
roads in industrial areas make sense and increase realism, but too many roads in rural soviet areas have the opposite effect and harm the map quality/immersion.
furthermore the game quality depends on each campaign to feel distinct so they can get different emotions depending on the maps they play. homogenizing all maps by spamming roads or too generic obstacles is 1 step forward and 3 steps backwards.

4 Likes

This is nice, I hope we get more unique objects on maps to give them more character and spice.

Fighting over “hangar” and “barn” gets boring after a while.

Areas like the Monastery really make maps special.

Hope to see something like a German castle

9 Likes

Why are they making videos, and reworking old maps?
When they could be reworking, Known Bugs, before Steam release?
Fix Things.

5 Likes

That moscow looks very cold :cold_face::cold_face:

1 Like

Did you guys fixed the spawn camping map design though?

Man I love Ardennes, spawn my tank legit has direct view to enemy tank and infantry spawn location

2 Likes

hey, thanks for the updates. Please add the Cromwell tank into the game . Also could we add a battle of kursk please.

2 Likes

Mmmh.

It would be fun to have a usable He111… with Fritz X.

:upside_down_face:

5 Likes