Reworking old locations: A walk around Berlin

I used to straight up refuse to play Berlin because the maps were so unpleasant. It looks like a lot of the issues have been addressed though, so hopefully it will be more fun!

Wilhelmstrasse (Conquest) Right tank spawn is now blocked by baked in hedgehogs preventing you from getting tanks or halftracks out of spawn

7 Likes

I disagree with cleaning up the battlefields. It’s immersive to have wrecked vehicles, craters, holes, etc

4 Likes

Thats the BEST thing about urban maps
Tanks cat be ultimate weapon in urban warfare like in open terrain.

I’m not going to criticize the new maps but they could put an exception to the maps since they are going to imitate World of Tanks so one could choose not to play the map that one doesn’t like, such as Stalingrad, which isn’t really that I don’t like it but how do I? They force me to play 7 out of every 10 games on that map. If I could choose not to play it, it would be compensation for the stupid disaster they made by removing the theaters of war.
Apart from the fact that they put maps on BR, it’s so ridiculous that it’s embarrassing.

One noticeable AI behavior is that they jitter when they follow a player, they start running then come to an abrupt stop, then repeat the cycle.

This happen when the AI alternate between two behaviors as in “now I follow the leader”, “now I find who shot at me”, “now I follow the leader”, …, “now I follow the leader”.

Please let the devs know to put a time out for certain behavior on the decision tree after it is executed so that this doesn’t happen, or at least happen less frequently.

3 Likes

BR3 NEED IT OWN QUEUE

Right now BR5 is too OP compared to BR3 and BR3 is too OP compared to BR1 . So BR3 need it own queue or BR3 queue with BR4 only. Hope dev read this, Thanks :pray:

1 Like

Yes, Superman Zhukov was able to place German made searchlights on German positions without being detected by the German Army :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

My bad xD I haven’t noticed these ones are german. I am not really an expert in wwii Searchlights.

You’ll have to wait 19 minutes for like tho

Kinda meh, they completely ignored this famous fuck up.

4 Likes

In fact, Zhukov’s searchlight tactics have played a significant role in the Oder River offensive. But in the Seelow Heights, the Germans came up with some countermeasures

Yeah, I know it wasn’t in Berlin. That basically started the battle of Berlin.

But for some reason I just thought the bring them into the city then, at this was just easter egg.
Seems like not, since the Searchlights are German. Kinda meh, but whatever.

1 Like

This is great news but I hope to see changes to problematic maps/modes. You guys prob have the data to see the win rate or you can look at the data and see, “OK this objective too hard to capture or to defend”. There are so many maps where attackers dont even leave the first point because you have to traverse an open field.

Looking at this kind of data, perhaps you can adjust the spawn point or add cover the help the faction in need advance/defend.

A lot of maps are like this in Tunisia, the spawn points are so far away, by the time you even get to place a rally point you have to trade in 100-150 points just to get in proximity. Or the play area perimeter for attackers is so small you have no flanking routes or flank rally points, you are forced to brute force and lose this way.

Or the refill points for planes on some maps is so far, that the attacking team don’t really get any air support, like on tunisia or pacific, when you have to fly 3000 meters with a plane that has the speed of a school bus. You start to question if it’s even worth it to go back and forth 3000-4000 meters to do the bombing route.

Small changes can have big impact. Adjusting the spawn point, adding a rock here and there, changing plane route, adjusting the perimeter area for defenders/attackers to open up opportunities or limit defender’s aggressiveness etc

1 Like

it is not immersive having piles of debris in the hermann göering strasse. There is no buildings nearby where the piles could have come

2 Likes

Maybe it is supposed to be improvised cover - rubble placed on purpose.

1 Like

did the fix the gray zone bundries being shit in berlin forcing you to go on set paths in the maps

1 Like

… … …

Give me a refund or give my money back ?

1 Like

They could have placed more anti tank traps, obstacles, dead tanks, cars and other instead of rubble.

1 Like

Finally

We are talking about 1945 - Germany was lacking in everything, except rubble, rubble was plenty around.

But the rubble is in unrealistic place. There is no buildings nearby where the rubble would have come from

1 Like