Return Historical loadouts and vehicle lineups in tiers NOW

To be fair to the people complaining about the lack of historical accuracy…

Enlisted has been advertised as- Directly, and through sponsored videos, as a “historical shooter”.

I think it’s about time to change their marketing campaigns to be more reflective of their current state.

1 Like

Have some snippets: Enlisted

Tell me how accurate Enlisted thinks it is and how Enlisted actually is

5 Likes

yeah… that was marketing BS from the start and for most people who have surface level knowledge about history, that claim is believable. they couldnt exactly market enlisted as: “WW2 flavored shooter with extra easy targets and mobile spawn points alongside with fantasy weapon/vehicle prototypes”

2 Likes

Just reading those snippets I wouldnt even say they are stating any falsehoods there.
The weapons are mostly accurate just their envirorment where they are used is not. But the marketing never stated specificly that their enviroment would be accurate aswell.

They might be a bit crafty and very lose on their interpretation of what is a realistic translation of a real weapon into the game but seeing those snippets suprised me as I expected it be have been worse.

2 Likes

Oh, regarding that.

It used to be worse. This is the most recent.

There was a point where everyone was circulating deep fried “REALISM” memes in the official discord server in a parody of how realistic the About page used to talk about the game.

4 Likes

well there are falsehoods. lots of weapons werent used in particular campaigns.
here is list of worst offenders from regular tech tree

we could probably double the list with gold/premium weapons/vehicles.

1 Like

That’s your problem. the game is ‘Historical based’ its no where near as accurate like in HLL or Post Scriptum, That is what most people expect when they play Enlisted

Good work, sir; I have never seen this until now.

1 Like

But given the few snippets there was nothing that explicitly stated that each weapon would be in their historical context and enviorment. The models are real and thats about it what they actually promised.
Nothing there says that there wouldnt be 1945 weapons in moscow and etc. The only limit is that it was somewhere used by somebody (I guess some gold orders violate that but thats about it).
They were carefull how they worded it and in this case they didnt even even lie but gave an as vage definition as possible that sounds good but litterly permits whatever they want to do with their weapons as long as they existed somewhere.

Whatever
“Collection of ground vehicles and aircraft that look and feel the same in battles as they did in reality”
“Actually used in particular military campaigns”
“In line with historical facts”
should mean, it definitely did not mean what they actually did.
At the end of the day, fact means fact and fact is that the Jumbo was not in Normandy.

The did not mass spam this lazy-ass “immersion” term. They straight went with detailed terms.

1 Like

All of the weapons correspond to the historical prototypes and were actually used in particular military campaigns.

it says that they were USED in particular campaigns. considering this is probably premerge marketing, it was wrong then, not to mention postmerge.

devs later said that (idk if on forum or on discord) that any prototype weapon is ok for certain campaign as long as it existed at that time anywhere on the world (whether or not used in other campaign or in prototype phase). but marketing remained the same with its “historical weapons”.

2 Likes

I see it similarly.
In the end, we want to play a WW2 shooter here, i.e. a game with a certain reference to a time and event.
If that’s not the case, the manufacturer could replace all weapons with colorful streamers and pink balloons. Which players throw at each other.

The game would do well to acknowledge its roots.
At the beginning of the game you also looked at the squad composition a lot, realizing that perhaps not every soldier in the squad can carry fully automatic weapons at the start of the game. Unfortunately, this was overturned in Tier 5 by classifying the M2 Carbine, FG42 and AVT-40 as self-loaders. As a result, more or less all remaining soldier classes were converted into assault soldiers. And thereby throw everything out of balance. What makes matters worse is that with the right soldier perks, these weapons sometimes play like laser rifles.

I also see that a historical approach would solve many of today’s problems, as this means that the performance differences between the weapons are not as different as they are today between T5 and the rest of the game. If the clash of weapons were limited to the years/locations of release, the sometimes extreme imbalance in its current form would not exist.
Each faction had different advantages and disadvantages depending on the phase and setting. Small deviations for balance would probably be bearable.
Experimental Battle Pass weapons could also be limited per deck, so they would still be available, but would no longer distort the overall picture.

But what has now been achieved by lumping all players together into 2 larger pots is that T5 dominates the entire game and has therefore made all other tiers apart from T2 unplayable with the implementation of the current battle rating and matchmaking.

In the end, the opposite goal is achieved than what was actually hoped for with the merge.
More players, including more experienced players, are becoming frustrated and turning their backs on the game. And therefore there will be fewer active players than before the update. And only those who don’t care about the scenario are left and will turn their backs on Enlisted when the next big blockbuster title comes out.

I have already expressed my assessment of the imbalance here:

3 Likes

I wish it would be like this. The merge took us even further away from that.

Who is we though? Because it doesnt look like there are many people to consider.

No. People would just spam KV1s until 1942 where the Germans spam Tigers in Moscow because 1942 is 1942. Soviet would get PPSh and Fed instantly while Germans can get insane OP 20rd MP28 and whatever America has, they will suck even more.

Like what? Soviet suffer from early access drum and Germans getting Tiger too early.

Game has be historical but not THAT historical.

Not really. It sucks but it sucks FAR less than pre-merge since now Stuarts will not face Tigers anymore.
Also, adding another queue is far easier and balanced than stupidity of “HiStoRiCaL” BR.

I always love that people say this but we never get the numbers.
Because so far the only thing that really went down are the number of bots, which used to make up almost 50% of the playerbase.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I see things differently now. Due to the current matchmaking, it makes no sense to play T3 or T4. Due to the automatic weapon spam from T5, which dominates the other lower tiers.
Yesterday I had some games that were more like a jump and run game. As soon as one side realizes that it is superior to the other in terms of weapons.

My criticism does not relate to the vehicles, but to the handguns.

I think vehicles can still be combated effectively using the rock, paper, scissors principle.

Since the merge, some vehicles have more or less disappeared. Or you will find more Tiger 2 on the battlefield due to the situation of non-playable Tiers 3 and 4.
But here the manufacturer is more likely to throw more experimental vehicles into the fight without wanting to solve the basic problem. So there can only be an upward spiral.
For every player who has access to all weapons and vehicles, his Tiger 2 will always be preferred over Panzer 4, StuG3, and Tiger 1, as long as he has the risk of ultimately having to compete against IS 2 or, in the future, against Pershings due to the current matchmaking.

In my opinion, the update reduced the playable content to 2/5.

And due to the current extreme imbalance from tier 3 onwards, the player base will only grow more slowly once the tier level is reached.
Who wants to willingly be slaughtered all the time?

For the last few months I have spent at least 3 to 4 hours playing the game every day.
I will reduce my activities to a minimum in the future because I don’t just want to play only Tier 2 and Tier 5.
Or quince any game with unbalanced matchmaking or Tier 5 involvement in Stalingrad in the future. (I myself am actually an opponent of quitting, but currently see no other option)
All other tiers currently make no sense without having to serve as cannon fodder for Tier 5. It’s just not fun like that.

Many people in my circle of friends see it the same way and will act in a similar way to me.
You can also find more voices like mine in the forum.

I’m afraid we’re probably talking past each other here and about different things. It doesn’t mean that a Tiger 1 should drive in Moscow.
Ultimately, this was not used until late summer 1942. Whereas the attack on the Moscow suburbs ended in January 1942.

My point is rather the other way around, that Tier 5 equipment, for example, was not used in Stalingrad. As can currently be the case in the game.

And the difference in quality of the handguns between Tier 3/4 and 5 is simply too great. And the current classification and usability of the T5 auto loader weapons even reinforces this effect.

2 Likes

If they keep straying from historical accuracy I am going to quit. My main reason for coming here instead of war thunder beyond it providing infantry is the historical accuracy. I can accept minor things here and there and even some fun toys that are quite questionable, but playing desert camo tanks on ardennes is pissing me off. I am not buying a camo just to be able to play certain maps.

4 Likes

THe Game was and is a Squad based FPS about WW2, was and is. ANd it was centered on and about historical campaigns with it’s own separate Squads, vehicles and weapons that was there and then.
Jesus christ some of you are dumb for not understanding believable immersion.
You can have some stuff here and there and bla bla. but the overall immersion of a match should be fair representation of said Map.
ANd always this dumb idiotic statements of you guys, but bla bla it was actually not there that year, and only few lala, and Exact historical Squad didn’t look like that!. fcking hell we know ok? It’s still about BELIEVABLE Historical Immersion in a game. jesus christ.
That the Game wasn’t Perfect historical authentic doens’t mean it’s completely done for, and certainly don’t mena we have to go even worse. THe way to go would have been to address the issues, solve and still be focused on the fundamentals of the game of Historical Aspect with separate campaigns.
That most of you can’t grasp and fathom and put things together, as in can’t have Historical AND balance is just plain bad mind and low creativity.
There was some things good with merge and that had good intentions, like merge the tech trees, which should have been from start, and the rework of perks, less autistic now.
But they didn’t have to ruin and remove the campaign aspect which was what this game was about.

The Game now, is still bots, still unbalanced teams, still unbalance in gear in teams, and sometimes even worse in gear balance because you can get uptiered and downtiered.
The game is still in these regards shit and now it’s worse in regards of the actual game immersion since you have time travel squads, you can’t decide where and what campaign you want to play, Squads mean fck all regarding these guys where there in that time using this weapons & vehicles.
It’s terrible regarding the immersion, and that is what a game is about, immerse yourself in a game that in this case supposed to portray WW2.

You can pull shit out your arses all day and talk whatever you like.
Point still stands, Game is shit still and now it’s even WORSE in Historical aspect, which the game is and should be all about.

You guys are all like, ehh whine it’s not perfect example of historical exact so fkc it nonthing matters, so they can ruin rest too, doesn’ matter buhu. NO! You work on adress and make it better.
Fcking hell

3 Likes

Enlisted is an MMO squad based shooter for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in World War II where you act as an infantry squad leader, tank crew or an aircraft pilot. The weaponry, soldier’s uniform, appearance and capabilities of the vehicles in the game are in line with historical facts.

From section countries and fronts:
Each with unique soldiers, weapons armored vehicles and aircraft fighting on the HISTORIC fronts of WW2

from main page:

EPIC SCALE

One battle - thousands of soldiers, armored vehicles and aircraft. Battles are similar in scale to historical battles and take place on key fronts of the WWII: Normandy, Moscow, Tunisia, the Pacific Ocean and Stalingrad.

Enlisted is a free squad-based multiplayer tactical first-person shooter developed by Darkflow Software and published by Gaijin Entertainment. The game is set during World War II and revolves around major battles fought across all fronts of the war.

3 Likes

shall we list marketing BS

not mmo

you are acting as one soldier in squad of useless soldiers that you basically cant command

pure lie. we have lots of either time traveling weapons and prototypes that werent used in ww2 or in particular campaigns. performance of weapons (besides rpm and that is even in question for few weapons) is made up BS cause recoil, dispersion and damage arent in line with their real life performance.

when you remove squad insignias from vehicles/uniforms cause of their nazi affiliation, you cant really call them in line with historical facts.

maximum you can have is 180 soldiers at any given time and that number is often much less cause of vehicles and smaller squads. even if you include all spawned soldier, in most battles you will end up with number below thousand, not to mention thousands in plural.

this is pure BS. e.g. d-day landing had ~150k allied troops and ~50k german troops. how is that scaled in the game?

2 Likes

Not just German ones but even Allied troops dont have insignias or ranks even though they used to.
The Italians also still keep using German winter coats and helmets before 1943.