Reinforcements received: Tunisian paratroopers

My qualm is how they’ve been implemented into the game. I understand that these units are here to stay, and that won’t change…

But what needs to change, is how they are being deployed/implemented. And also fixing the issue with attacking paratroopers being able to spawn ahead of the defenders (thus capping before the other team has a chance to even fight back and/or set up any form of defenses/rally.points).

And also the fact that regular squads can’t construct rally points within 40m of the objective. The same should apply to the paratroopers, who should be restricted to at least 50m away from the capture point.

That’s not fair. Me and many in here that think paras are for the most part fine (but obviously need tweaks) have given you a lot of counterarguments, here and in other topics.

As I said before, and many in here: there’s only one squad that is very dubious - it’s the premium paras in Normandy (100 Drum Tommies). It was a mistake.

But as Gastano and Adamnpee just said, it will become a non-existent problem after merge.

I can repeat my arguments if you still think I’m just bitching with you, cuz I’m not.

Summary

What we need is this:

1. They should lock every point for 15-30s (in confrontation it’s 120s.)
    Will prevent ppl from hot drop on point and steamroll next obj.
  2. Flight time needs a small increase, and a plane indicator should pop up soon after spawn.
    It’s too easy to have a successful jump today. The planes should be easier countered. This will make it more interesting.
  3. (This is never gonna happen: but I would prefer to have their main weapons in the supply box)

However, most importantly paratroopers are cool and fun. Far, far from OP. For the most part just situational great. I perform far better with regular squads for the most part.

3 Likes

I think this shouldn’t be a thing rather than restrict landing zone for paratroopers.

Especially since you can’t use rally points when battle is near. Bit could lead to classic high risk/high reward situation.

That’s only your prediction.

While my prediction is that issue will be amplified, due to the fact that players who have 3+ paratrooper squads available to them, will entirely exploit the ability to spawn anywhere/everywhere on the map, at any given time.

People complain about the number of toxic players with Chinese symbols in their name?
Now imagine those same players with 3 squads of paratroopers on rotation (plus aircraft and tank cycling).

Imagine all the tryhards who ONLY CARE about winning, and any time they see their team losing, they spawn with paratroopers (over and again).

Who cares about rally points, when you literally don’t even need them anymore.

2 Likes

wait and see

10 people with high campaign my bet is we will see way more paras, and nerf will come soon after

1 Like

yeah, maps aren’t that big. Often it takes a lot more time to get to a flanking position and set-up a RP with paras than a regular squad.

Paras being able to build rally points is the least problem, IMO.

The problem as I see it, is the way they can steamroll the next objective. But that problem is not only correlated to paras. An experienced player usually knows the next objective and can take advantage of that.
Before paras even were implemented I’ve steamrolled so many points (15-20 s) after the last objective was taken.

That’s the main issue if something.

1 Like

So the problem will be solved one way or another?

a lot of cancerous stuff will become evident after the merge, especially in high-br battles. I expect a lot of nerfs tbh.

They just gotta make money by selling cutting edge premium squads.
Once they sell, new better ones will come out and old ones can be nerfed. cough adjusted

Problem will stay anyway, just with new stuff propably

but that’s a general problem, not only a paraproblem.

I agree with you. Cycling paras should be prohibited after merge.
But IMO same goes for Attackers, flamers yada yada.

1 Like

This is also an issue. But the paratroopers are amplifying the problem when players are literally pressing the “spawn now” button, the moment the objective moves and the map boundary changes.

1 Like

With how many premium squads there are implenting those restrictions is not gonna happen.

1 Like

agreed

1 Like

I was kinda worried where we’re heading when they added those OP flamers in Tunisia and then the paratroopers in Normandy.

I could sense the increased power creep. But the snipers added to pacific makes me think they hopefully won’t go down that road.

we already down that road

2 Likes

The event resets on odd numbered days. So tomorrow is the 11th, meaning it will be the start of a new stage.

1 Like

So nice to hear we get another chance to get a Gewehr 98 Warmod. Will you also make an event in the future where we could get some previously given machines, for example Flakpanzer I? I still regret not getting it in the event some time ago where I had too little time to play. And for the people who already have the same event vehicle, there could be a nice large credits reward instead.

The Lewis event does have this, the event is only 3x 2 day cycles, why would a far shorter and less important event get this but the main one not?

Hello everyone!

Some open feedback from me about this event and how it is designed:
I simply don’t like these forced “stages”. Already put me off at the event with the firebomb planes. For someone like me, who can’t play for days at a time, but can spend a lot of time in your game on other days, it just sucks.
I would have loved to earn both planes (or top up the “tiers” with a little gold if necessary), but the event was designed in such a way that I figured I wouldn’t be able to do it due to the built-in resets.
The same goes for these squads now. MEGA INTERESTING units for me, but here too I can’t earn them because you have adopted the previous event design 1:1.

What is the consequence for me now? I will completely ignore this entire event. For me, the incentive to play the game more has been completely eliminated. If that was your goal: congratulations - you did well!^^

And just a side note that I simply don’t understand: Why the heck do you have to click on “Collect reward” again after completing a level? What’s the point behind it? Is this click supposed to give the player an extra kick of satisfaction or why is that?
Well… Questions upon questions^^

And before anyone says: Why don’t you just buy the squads if you want them so much?
Answer:
Very easy:

1. Because at the moment no one knows where Enlisted’s path will lead. (A lot is still up in the air :wink: ), although I’m actually quite optimistic about it.
  2. Because the prices for the squads here are simply too expensive for me. The price-performance ratio is not right either way.

It’s clear to me that you design these events so that the players EITHER play a lot and continuously or (which you would probably much prefer^^) people invest money here in order to get the rewards. I understand that and think so it’s absolutely okay too. But I will also ignore all future events that are designed like this. Just frustrating (for me).

A constructive suggestion: Give the “bulimia players” an opportunity here too.
Idea 1: Get rid of the 2 day reset and increase the conditions (more required XP and a combination of “play x matches in campaigns XYZ”, build a rally point xxxx times, etc.) The way it is now is just that a grind with an annoying reset every 48 hours.

Idea 2: Alternatively, you could perhaps introduce that players who have the first 20k XP full can perhaps earn another level in the 48h for 25 - 30k XP.

BTW: Why cant i edit my posts?^^

Cheers
dahoeman

Today is the day for the Folgore guys.

Please share comments and impressions on the Italian paratroopers.

1 Like