Reinforcements received: Normandy paratroopers

“African Americans. With approx. 2 thousand selected volunteers, several dozen platoons were created and delegated to white companies. The soldiers were praised by their commanders, but soon after the end of the German offensive, the whole experiment was canceled so as not to irritate American politicians. The soldiers returned to their home units. In many other individual cases, however, African Americans proved that their combat value was not lower than that of their white colleagues.”

This is an excerpt from the book “Afroamerykanie w US Army”

Relying on a rigid framework without checking the details is also misleading.

1 Like

that vicker looking good and those fg42 are something i never heard of personally i like it but of course it can be hellish to deal with if your team are mostly bot but it cool

1 Like

oh i thought it was french since apparently there are french voice line in game

thank god we won’t have this issue after the merge.

but… on a second though, will we be able to select italians / british outside the main nation that they are supposedly integrated with?

( when recruting. 10$ it’s going to be still rng :upside_down_face: )

what new cancer is this OMG :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

descarga

But,After the merge, I would like to put them at the core of the “British Army Preset” that I will have and use them in Tunisia and elsewhere.
It looks like I will need to attend this festival for at least a week.

3 Likes

FG-42 type D, not the more op 422 sadly

Overall, really cool. I like the British squad way more, the Germans just look copy pasted from the premium squad. I wonder if the Vickers will beat the Browning for best Allied machine gun.

But damn guys, we just had 3 big events. Kinda messed up to force people to commit that much when summer is about to start. Hopefully these just get added to the new tech tree.

This is why we need squad class limits. It’s gonna be just as bad with flamethrowers after the merge. They’re gonna be freakin everywhere.

If I had to guess, I believe it will be Sidney Cornell, who was the first black paratrooper to participate in the D-Day landings. He inspired characters in COD Vanguard and Overlord, but both misrepresented him and his achievements quite badly.

They did the same thing by including James McNiece, which I thought was a really nice touch.

There was a Sten developed specifically for paratroopers, but it definitely would not be balanced against the FG 42. So any Sten doesn’t work unless you give the Germans an MP34 or something, but people would complain if that happened.

2 Likes

Depends of their BR if their are allowed in tunisia, this is the motive why map BR restrictions sucks

1 Like

pooey

It would have been better if the paratroopers’ equipment could have been freely customizable.
I wanted them to have Sten guns and I wanted the Marine paratroopers in the Pacific to have Johnsons.

9 Likes

Right, stens make more sense but they’re not even close to being balanced against grenade launching FGs.

Eh, I think the M1A1 makes more sense, it was new weapon to the game and the Johnson wasn’t.

The M1 and VG still need to get the semi auto buff. It’s still ridiculous.

The sten is not even closer to a full star fg in full auto, but yea they should come with the sten mk5 not an lmg

1 Like

An indicator “Ground is close” could be useful to have a better idea when to open the parachute.

6 Likes

Why cant you just put these squads in the tech tree?
I’m so fed up with these constant never ending events.
I not gonna spend my summer grinding for the next event squad after this.

4 Likes

As long as defenders get some kind of buff to mechanics in order to have a chance to counter them.

• giving time in between objectives
  • giving defenders advanced knowledge of where the future objectives will be
  • mine pouches to enable more effective minefields in a direct counter to grenade pouch usage.

Sure, but this was the exception to the rule. How long did this experiment go on for and which battles could we have seen this happening in?
Also, why not just include the segregated units as free campaign or event squads at this point?

How did you get that?

Was wondering about this myself, lol

This is awesome! I can’t wait to get my hands on these new squads. I just wish that the German squad had some camo in their helmets and magazine pouches on the uniform to make them look cooler. Thank you devs!