Reinforcement received: NKVD

Twitch drop reward was BT 7 with unique camo(veteran or something like that).

well idk about this specific model, but i am certain that soviets got thompsons from lend lease also.

3 Likes

I’m almost certain that the lend Thompsons that were sent to most countries were m1928a1s the m1921s were never officially adopted by the US military, but the US navy and marines bought some during the banana wars in Nicaragua, and for peace keeping duties in china in the 1920’s. The m1928-A1 was the first model of Thompson gun that was officially ordered by the US just before WW2. If I’m not mistaken they placed the first order in 1939. The guns sent to the Soviets in 1941 would have been characterized by having a horizontal handguard, rather than the vertical one, which is more of the “gangster style” that I was talking about. There were also guns sent to the British and French, some of these do have the vertical front grip… The US gov’t also never adopted the 100 round drums, but the 50s were. I’m also sure that stick mags were sent to all of the allies as well, although drums seem to be way more popular in pictures of russian use of the thompson… The only documented Russian lend lease m1928a1 that I have seen on the web, was in a video of the YouTuber Hickock45, and it was very similar to the one in game, with the simplified rear sight, and the horizontal handguard/grip. Only it still had the cooling fins on the barrel. Forgotten weapons also has a really informative series on all of the Thompson Guns.

1 Like

Would rather have seen this squad honestly…
download

5 Likes

You can have the marine guys. They come with a slightly different skin ppsh41 (parkerized).

5 Likes

I agree that would be nice but …

Wait …

Why you have tools equiped to an infantry squad? :joy:

Yes please do!

like, I play all factions and really dislike the hole ‘soviet bias’ stuf, mostly because I dont think they do this on purpose to nerf Germans.

However, its stil absurd, just make it 100 rounds, thats would make this squad so many times more fun.

Put it on BR V or whatever I dont care.

Stil like the event, really cool but … 100 round cmon …

Support role, repairing allied vehicles gives a lot of xp (used to at least, might have been postponed). Since those guys are longe range, they might hang back with tanks who aren’t all the way back in the allied spawn point.

Thought I do not understand why there’s TWO tool boxes… one is enough to repair 10 times…

3 Likes

Stinger doesn’t have a magazine. It’s belt fed. Also enlisted logic doesn’t always make sense. Kind of like the conders smgs, 100 round belt but only has like 10 bullets hanging off the side if that.

My goals are beyond comprehension

5 Likes

because having a mobile workshop is more convinient :smirk:

4 Likes

Alright, thats acctually pretty smart …

I mean I guess it makes some sence. With Bolties you dont need ammo pouch and on long range you dont need grenades that often so I guess it makes some sence.

But stil … thats a wacky strategy, I love it

1 Like

leave it to yankees to make belt in the shape of a box…

{E4D22682-3F50-4ff6-B1F9-DA370D1026D1}

7 Likes

at least if not 100 round drop the reload rate of mg 39 to 4.5 what mg 42 early got, wtf is 5.4

10 Likes

Germany should get 100 bullets for this mg. Soviets get the 100 bullets but why Germany doesn’t get 100? At least lower the reload rate. 5.4 is very close to not even wanting to use this.

3 Likes

These Thompsons weren’t given with the lend lease, they were bought prior to WW2

2 Likes

Leave it to the krauts to make belts in the shape of a drum?

The MG42 has a base reload of 6.6 and upgraded to 5.7…so 5.4 really isn’t that bad. It is better than the TT MG42 after all?

Not to mention, the recoil stats are the best of the lot as well.

i was being sarcastic… that ammo box was meant to hold 100 rounds of ammo, just as german drum was meant to hold 50 rounds. so it really doesnt matter if it is magazine or ammo box with belt inside when number of rounds are ultimately limited.

the MG-42 default has a several hundred round lower ROF and yet the the MG-34 is generally the preferred choice due to the marginally slower ROF and faster reload