Reinforcement received: NKVD

1 Like

So pre war then.

Faaaar pre-war. Not even the 30s

1 Like

So during the was these guy’s sub guns probably would have been a ppsh or ppd or something for sure then.

I’ve read a post saying that NKVD used tommy gun in high security and also in special forces to crush bandits on edges of soviet union. So, a gangster’s gun was used against gangsters.

Imagine a movie about that lol.

3 Likes

depends on what nkvd formation is it.

Cuz NKDV had dozens of different formations for different purpose. I mean, the guys who secure the country borders were NKVDs too.

So, would it be fair to say that they had a lot of domestically secured weaponry?

What would be the best list in game? Maybe the c96?

Pistol I meant…

Thompsons were used by regular soldiers too, so, not really. Pilots, tankers, paratroopers, marines.

1 Like

I hope that this isn’t considered an inappropriate comment, but would it be fair to say that it’s similar to how older smgs like the mp28 or mp34 were secured domestically by the SS early in the war?

Early in war they’ve used everything they can get. I imagine some border guards had plenty of thompsons at the start of the war.

But only at early stages of war.

2 Likes

I doubt they were able to get to Berlin, at least because most of border guards who met the first battles fought til the end to slow down germans, to give more time to rear units.

So, its unhistorical, but meh, it looks cool.

2 Likes

Ok, cool. Another interesting point that I feel like I should make since we’re on the Thompson… Is that I don’t think people realize how late the 50 round drums were used by the US. At least in the Pacific and in vehicles( here is a US soldier with an m1928a1 with a drum during the battle for manila circa 1945)…

2 Likes

Then here is one of a m3 tank crew posing apparently in 1943, the Stuart apparently can standard with a rack with a m1928 and 5 drums inside the vehicle…

3 Likes

Also land-lease tanks were shipped to USSR with thompsons inside.

Sadly no thompsons for tankers in game.

1 Like

I’ve read a post saying that NKVD used tommy gun in high security and also in special forces to crush bandits on edges of soviet union.
Sounds like a great setting for the next S.T.A.L.K.E.R game… Lol!

2 Likes

I like old soviet movies about similar events, they were like westerns but in ussr. Easterns, i guess.
Sadly, no one will make a movie or a game about that. At least, no one will make it good…

2 Likes

Those werent land-lease…

They were undercover-bought by secret ways from mexico to be used by sheriffs on wild east!

2 Likes