Recatigorization of the BAR

Let’s move the BAR to the rifle category. So It can be FG42 equivalent (same mag size after all) The BAR is used as Assault rifle of the company after all.

4 Likes

The BAR was not an Assault Rifle, although neither was the FG-42 tbf

6 Likes

That’s why I suggest this

It would be more realistic to move the FG-42 to the Machine Gunner category tho

13 Likes

And the AVT-40 to the “this shit breaks in full auto category” :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

lock AVS-36 in semi-auto and add full auto version to machine gunner while we are at it

4 Likes

Yeah sure ! Lets remove all of the good mid-Tier US machine gun and put them into top tier rifle instead…

2 Likes

To beat this horse once again…

We have:

• Automatic carbines for riflemen (M2 Carbines)
  • Automatic carbines for assaulters (M2A1 Carbines)
  • Assault rifles for engineers (Mkb 42 (H)s)
  • Automatic rifles for assaulters (Federovs)
  • Automatic rifles for gunners (BAR and derivatives, Lahti-Saloranta M/26)
  • Scoped machineguns for gunners (Type 97s)
  • Scoped assault rifles for snipers (Mkbs, StGs)
  • Semi-automatic carbines for assaulters (VG 1-5, Schmeisser)

The least they can do is make every top tier riflemen weapon an automatic rifle.

1 Like

ill say this i like giving Vg 1-5 to tankers can the gun? it’s now my go to for the berlin tankers primary.

That is a machine gun, but more importantly a battlerifle too. 1 gun for 2 roles. FG full-auto is so nerfed that it only serves as the latter though.

As for the BAR, even though it is called Browning Automatic Rifle, it was used mostly as machine gun role and is best restricted to gunner class.
Lewis gun also called automatic rifle, but its obviously a machine gun, we are talking about ww1 gun categorisation in a ww2 game.

4 Likes

it was called rifles as both guns used rifle cartage’s not sure what the lewis fired but the Gerand and bar both used 30-06 which should still be the main built in real life it it was my call

Bro, machine guns use full power rifle rounds.
Mg42 fires the same 7,92 as the K98K.
No one on Axis side is asking for a machine to all infantry because they fire the same bullets. Why are allies so obsessed with game breaking stupidity? First as44 now a BAR for all.
Just use M2 carbine or ask for a progression M20 rifle which is a fair equivalent to the FG42.

5 Likes

I play a lot the western allies and I do say that this is not what I want.

This, however, is nice.

2 Likes

This eternal whining about the FG 2 is getting on my nerves! The Americans should finally learn to use their M2 properly. When I play on the allied side, I prefer the M2 even over a smg. The gun is simply good. When I’m out and about with it, the Krauts have a hard life.

Apart from that. This weapon beats any FG in close combat.

8 Likes

lahti-saloranta is an lmg it never needs to be auto rifle or will be its not bar, but if they add 75 round saloranta in the game then the 20rnd saloranta shall be moved into autorifle slot and fg42 moved to mg/para

BAR - its Browning Automatic Rifle.
It has size like rifle, mag size like rifle, looks like rifle, and gameplay like automatic rifle.
Not only FG- but AVT and other automatic rifles, in this game are counts as automatic rifles, not LMGs, and near any soldier can use it.
But BAR- LMG, and only machinegunners can use it.
Why?

2 Likes

I like this idea. Seems fine to me.

There’s no need for it imho, just add T20 to tech tree. Adding new content is inevitable anyway.

1 Like

Get on console, its recoil is horrendous to begin with, add in the high RoF and port sight picture it’s basically a glorified SMG.

The BAR was not nor used as a MG. It’s a battle rifle, however the BAR in game isn’t a true match to FG42. The exact equivalent in game is the Johnson LMG

2 Likes