Progression tree, gold order capture guns

Oh man, I do not want to see this at all, even if its only 1 gun. One of the main reasons why HnG died was because of this, captured weapons.

You can already do that in matches, steal a gun and find an enemy ammo box, no need for this type of weapons, it might start off with 1 but it will end up with whole squads.

The devs are also removing TT captured weapons as well as lend lease premiums, I dont think they want to see this either.

I completely disagree. I prefer every faction be entirely unique. I only accept “captured content” if said faction did something to make the captured stuff unique or their own. For example,

• MP 717 chambered for German pistol rounds (it may be a small change but a unique change nonetheless)
  • Soviets turned captured Panzer 3s into assault guns
  • Captured Soviet tanks with German guns
  • American reverse engineered MG 42 in 30-06

I also want them to remove the Soviet Panzerfaust, just allow us to capture them from dead enemies

1 Like

I’m going to nitpick the hell out your US selection of weapons because I take a lot of issue with it.

Should be Type 38 Carbine or rifle because the Americans would capture these more than any other type of bolt action due to how few Italians they encountered, and how unremarkable the Kar 98K was. A lot of captured American weapons were captured for the purpose of reselling later by the individual trooper who captured them, and Arisakas were probably the rifle that would net them the most money. Thus, they were captured a lot more. A similar principle applies to Type 14s and Lugers.

I suppose this one is ok, but MP 40 works a bit better here. I get that you want to differentiate it from the Soviet list, but the MP 40 is just one of those things that people captured a lot.

Type 96 or bust here. I will accept no compromise. The USMC absolutely loved yoinking these things, and it was one of the very few captured weapons that the Americans would actually use when fighting instead of stashing them away to sell or destroy later. There is no reason that this is not the captured MG for the Americans.

Odd choice, but I get wanting to match a lower tier semi-auto. However, I would argue it would make sense for it to be a Type Hei or Type Ko for the simple reason that of the few surviving examples of those guns, we know for a fact that one of each of them were captured by American forces on Okinawa.

I don’t have too much of an issue with this, but personally I would prefer a Type 2.

Also a note for Japan

Should be an overstamp Thompson, that was the version they captured the most of and used throughout the war.

Also, have you considered doing captured vehicles? I wouldn’t do a full tier list, but maybe one captured vehicle per aide. Perhaps something like this:
USSR: Panzer III J.
USA: dunno about this one, have to think about it.
Germany: Yak 1B
Japan: M3 Stuart

Everything is OK I guess but this I do not agree with I do not want to be fighting the Americans and end game when they have their own knockoff MG42 while fighting the Soviets with their own knockoff STG.

Throw in PPSH 41 drum, and you have a deal partner.
Deputy Kim

the soviets used captured panzerfausts in large scale so it is not inaccurate. ptrs 41 cant do shit against tigers

tiger 1(yes this isn’t serious)

1 Like

for some weapons to get could be the m1 carbine for japan and germany

1 Like

We need a Kelly’s Heroes event in Enlisted ASAP

2 Likes

i was more so referring to tiger 131 :joy:

1 Like

Captured guns are fun in concept but I really don’t think they should be implemented unless the captured variant has been altered in some way. Otherwise its just taking away from the distinctiveness of each faction. I don’t have many historical examples to pull from at the moment, but one captured weapon in the game is the mp717-r which was at least modified and rechambered by germany. Though guns with such minor changes should be reserved for event weapons and such, I am glad they are being removed from normal unlocks with the merge.

2 Likes

I never said it wasn’t inaccurate in anyway, I just prefer every faction be totally unique.

There are a few experimental AT weapons they could give the Soviets, plus they could make us able to capture enemy AT gadgets like regular weapons

2 Likes

Can you give examples?

Captured weapons/land leased shouldn’t be tech tree thing. I am glad they’re removing majority of them from free progression.

I do not count captured equipment of nations which aren’t represented in game, for example france or Czechoslovakia.

Just do not cheaply copy paste stuff into several different tech trees.

1 Like

The PTG 44 which was basically a their Granatbusche, it apparently may have begun testing in 1942 so theoretically it could be their “mid game” AT weapon

And the RPG 1 which I’m sure we can all guess what it is

Plus I’m sure there are others

1 Like

Sadly they are all prototypes. I think the panzerfaust is fine

1 Like

So copypasted stuff is better than unique prototypes. I hope you are playing with kar98 and mp40 24/7 to ger proper historical experience.

1 Like

I dont think the performance would be too different. M9 bazooka is almost same as ofenrohr

1 Like

for Late-war

USSR

• kar98k
  • mp40
  • gewehr41
  • mg34
  • STG44

Germany

• mosin91/30
  • bren
  • dp27