Progression tree, gold order capture guns

@EdVanSchleck @Euthymia07

Greeting how it gonna work

Each faction get 1 single captured gun of their enemy for each tier using a gold order just for 1 time

as example at only illustrative purpose gun can be changed later in base of comments

In case of USSR

• tier 1, pre war kar98k or mas36
  • tier 2, mg13
  • tier 3, mp40
  • tier 4, Gewer41
  • tier 5, zk383

In case of USA

• tier 1, carcano ww1 or vz24
  • tier 2, type 100 early
  • tier 3, zb or mg34
  • tier 4, zk29
  • tier 5, berettaM38

In case of Germany

• tier 1, mosin91/30
  • tier 2, ppd34
  • tier 3, bren
  • tier 4, svt38 or svt40
  • tier 5, ppsh41 box

In case of Japan

• tier 1, springfield usmc
  • tier 2, rising or m3
  • tier 3, barA1
  • tier 4, m1 carabine
  • tier 5, thompson m1a1

note a

3 Likes

not a huge fan of captured weapons, but as long it’s only one or two, and are not meta of that said faction, i don’t see why not.

after all, there were some cases of soldiers using enemy weapons

main-qimg-7109929c822ef0329f3e1ed4a0ea9961-lq
main-qimg-c4f6a71a58f856a782ac217a60a56267-lq
main-qimg-82d7856878b6c586212189ea791072f4
main-qimg-67798218ad63a08780ab825f971225a2-lq

5aab9cf615e9f95c544e7117
main-qimg-e9548d095d0d67c51ca5bdfa520856dc-lq

main-qimg-5d4a648bea793d5cc2f5d0a78428da34-lq

perhaps as a draw back, you’ll need to find an enemy box to fill ammo?

as… well, the faction wouldn’t run with the enemy weapons unless having large quantity of ammo for said weapon.

perhaps i’m overthinking it. due to enlisted standards ( considering the SG soon to be removed drum smg ), but sure why not.

10 Likes

Indeed as long is

“Greeting player you are new? If you use your weapon gold order get from the achievment, you can get 5(?) full upgraded gun of your enemy 1 for each BR, for help you progress in the game, and have a trial of the other side”

I to think is fine, and fair for everyone

1 Like

just a few changes ( for personal and historical background )

considering that germany invaded france, and somewhat right after invaded the ussr, perhaps either a prewar kar 98, or Mas 36.

would provide something unique and fun for ussr.

why not mp40

were more produced

perhaps the long italian rifle instead? 6 rounds, something unique after all

why not an mg34?

but the zb would do nicely too

ppsh 41 were more common in the german army ( but i believe ppsh 41 are not tier II, correct? )

i would change this one with an m1 carbine though

or svt 38 / 40

m3s were more common.

but again, those are based on my preferences and somewhat alligned with accuracy.

1 Like

Ppsh box mag, mp 40, should also be there. Svt 40s were favored largely by germans so maybe replace m1 with that

5 Likes

Sure why not

4 Likes

Soviet:
Why any of them when their unlock in the same BR are way better than those?

USA:
I don’t know why they have any of those specially when they have little to no record of using small arms as captured weapons, and yet their unlock is good enough to not use any of those

Germany:
Why Bren though?

Japs:
just give them better stuff in the tech tree… they really need it

Captured weapon is removed in this game, when its convinient, so no, I don’t see any future in it

2 Likes

i would like new weapons better, like Germany getting weapons from all the countries that it conquered or joined its side latter, not just letting other factions using other factions weapons

2 Likes

You can already use captured weapons in-game. You just gotta pick them up off a dead enemy.

2 Likes

Oh man, I do not want to see this at all, even if its only 1 gun. One of the main reasons why HnG died was because of this, captured weapons.

You can already do that in matches, steal a gun and find an enemy ammo box, no need for this type of weapons, it might start off with 1 but it will end up with whole squads.

The devs are also removing TT captured weapons as well as lend lease premiums, I dont think they want to see this either.

I completely disagree. I prefer every faction be entirely unique. I only accept “captured content” if said faction did something to make the captured stuff unique or their own. For example,

• MP 717 chambered for German pistol rounds (it may be a small change but a unique change nonetheless)
  • Soviets turned captured Panzer 3s into assault guns
  • Captured Soviet tanks with German guns
  • American reverse engineered MG 42 in 30-06

I also want them to remove the Soviet Panzerfaust, just allow us to capture them from dead enemies

1 Like

I’m going to nitpick the hell out your US selection of weapons because I take a lot of issue with it.

Should be Type 38 Carbine or rifle because the Americans would capture these more than any other type of bolt action due to how few Italians they encountered, and how unremarkable the Kar 98K was. A lot of captured American weapons were captured for the purpose of reselling later by the individual trooper who captured them, and Arisakas were probably the rifle that would net them the most money. Thus, they were captured a lot more. A similar principle applies to Type 14s and Lugers.

I suppose this one is ok, but MP 40 works a bit better here. I get that you want to differentiate it from the Soviet list, but the MP 40 is just one of those things that people captured a lot.

Type 96 or bust here. I will accept no compromise. The USMC absolutely loved yoinking these things, and it was one of the very few captured weapons that the Americans would actually use when fighting instead of stashing them away to sell or destroy later. There is no reason that this is not the captured MG for the Americans.

Odd choice, but I get wanting to match a lower tier semi-auto. However, I would argue it would make sense for it to be a Type Hei or Type Ko for the simple reason that of the few surviving examples of those guns, we know for a fact that one of each of them were captured by American forces on Okinawa.

I don’t have too much of an issue with this, but personally I would prefer a Type 2.

Also a note for Japan

Should be an overstamp Thompson, that was the version they captured the most of and used throughout the war.

Also, have you considered doing captured vehicles? I wouldn’t do a full tier list, but maybe one captured vehicle per aide. Perhaps something like this:
USSR: Panzer III J.
USA: dunno about this one, have to think about it.
Germany: Yak 1B
Japan: M3 Stuart

Everything is OK I guess but this I do not agree with I do not want to be fighting the Americans and end game when they have their own knockoff MG42 while fighting the Soviets with their own knockoff STG.

Throw in PPSH 41 drum, and you have a deal partner.
Deputy Kim

the soviets used captured panzerfausts in large scale so it is not inaccurate. ptrs 41 cant do shit against tigers

tiger 1(yes this isn’t serious)

1 Like

for some weapons to get could be the m1 carbine for japan and germany

1 Like

We need a Kelly’s Heroes event in Enlisted ASAP

2 Likes

i was more so referring to tiger 131 :joy:

1 Like

Captured guns are fun in concept but I really don’t think they should be implemented unless the captured variant has been altered in some way. Otherwise its just taking away from the distinctiveness of each faction. I don’t have many historical examples to pull from at the moment, but one captured weapon in the game is the mp717-r which was at least modified and rechambered by germany. Though guns with such minor changes should be reserved for event weapons and such, I am glad they are being removed from normal unlocks with the merge.

2 Likes