Partisan MP-40

Why did the Soviets get a downgraded version of the MP-40, while the Germans received an absolutely identical version of the PPS-43?

I have no issues with the changes reflected in the in-game stats (fire rate and spread are slightly worse), but then there’s this:

(translate: Why is the captured PPS listed as an exact copy of the PPS-43, while the captured MP-40 has a 0.6 gun__recoilOffsMult compared to the original’s 0.3 – meaning the recoil is stronger on the captured version.)

It seems like this parameter is responsible for additional recoil when aiming and firing.

But why is it twice as high compared to the original? This difference is very noticeable – the barrel kicks around much more during firing (the original’s recoil is much more manageable), making it harder to control even at medium range, which, in turn, affects accuracy – the very thing the MP-40 is valued for.

What is the reason for changing this parameter? I hope it gets brought in line with the original because otherwise, why would I want a nerfed MP-40? I’d rather stick with the PPS, though it’s a shame that this squad will just be left in reserve.

6 Likes

Already noticed this, will be forwarded

3 Likes

Okay, so there is instant response to fix partisan mp40, but no word on the huge damage difference between two versions of ppsh obrez?
This doesn’t look too well.

3 Likes

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but there’s this gun; the TM-44 SMG. Basically a partisan weapon built off spare MP-38, PPS, Bicycle and various household appliance parts. Made to be built in workshops and garages.

IMG_6917
IMG_6916

3 Likes

Paid content = instant reaction
Free content = screw you plebians

2 Likes

bro…

my topic was written later than this