Paratroopers need nerfs/changes

The paratrooper mechanic in this game is too strong. The transport planes are not marked and do not have longer flight time.
This is like appearing out of thin air above the place where you need to parachute. After a short symbolic flight, you parachute.
This mechanism is very unreasonable. First of all, the enemy has no more means to counter the paratroopers and can only wait for them to land before fighting again.
In reality, paratroopers are a very dangerous tactic. Their landing locations are not as precise as in the game. They often land in the wrong place and are easily intercepted by enemy fighter jets in the air.
For example, “Operation Market Garden”

My opinion is:
Paratroopers do not need to wait for time to deploy. Instead, they deploy immediately on transport aircraft. Transport opportunities are spawned further away from the map, which means that the transport aircraft takes more time to fly to its destination.
Added markers to allow fighter players to spot transport aircraft and intercept them.
The parachute location should be changed to a range instead of a point, and the player’s paratroopers will randomly land within the error range.
Allow anti-aircraft guns and other weapons to shoot paratroopers
Paratroopers can only have a small amount of ammunition when they land. They can get more ammunition after finding the airdrop supply box.

17 Likes

I will say I have wiped a few Paratrooper squads the moment they landed. I don’t think Paratroopers are necessarily OP. I have also thought of ways they could be slightly overhauled

I kind of agree and think this would be neat. It makes drops more valuable

I disagree. Paratroopers are literally intended to drop unannounced. If we had Recon planes as a radio call in to spot things it shouldn’t notify you it’s coming, then it wouldn’t be a good recon plane

Leave it up to the watchful eye of your planes and even AA guns to be on the lookout for Paratroopers

I’m a little pro and a little against this. I’d say if we had larger maps then it would be an interesting feature. But I would say for now in the game’s current state no

I don’t know if you mean AI controlled things, but anyway like I said it’s up to your team’s watchful eyes

I kind of disagree with this. I think it could be an interesting gimmick but people also use Paratroopers on the ground and I don’t think they’d be able to make it so your loadout is changed depending whether you’re dropping from a plane or spawning on the ground.

5 Likes

I see a problem in your post and it’s with the allied paratroopers of Normandy they have way too much firepower they should have made it so they get their weapons from the box and they should not have 6 squad support weapons.

1 Like

No I like them OP. I just wish everyone had a fair chance to unlock them for each faction. It keeps both teams on their toes.

Great suggestions just the whine would be too big from all the P2W paras just like they whine about their Stalingrad access privileges “You said forever!!” BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

They already nerfed flight speed of paras and i don’t see many people complaining. Most people spawning as paras die instantly as they land on the point. I agree that they should spawn from further away like usual planes. Biggest issue are how op are Allies para weapons both paras have 100 mag smg/lmg while axis has only good enough FG42 x2 so i don’t see many people are complaining about Axis paras since they can get killed easily from close range.

1 Like

Which is why they would never drop into an active fire fight nor directly into the enemies positions.

7 Likes

the developers are already aware of these problems and these suggestions have already been passed to them, we just need to wait for the fix to be ready

3 Likes

it was not never, but when they did, they were massacred.

1 Like

awesome awesome awesome

You’re messing with Operation Overlord here. Because everything went according to plan in “Market Garden” with landings. The landings were practically all successful, and there was almost no resistance.

Now about Para’s “problems”. From your “suggestions” one can form the opinion that you want to nerf paratroopers to the ground, without any balance.

I would agree with maybe only one aspect - that the transport plane should allocate more time to the final disposal point. It could also be attacked by enemy planes, but then all transport planes must be armed with AA machine guns.

On the ground, para’s are vulnerable enough even now. sometimes you don’t even have time to run to the weapon box. You are killed immediately after landing. And since, at the moment, technically, battle maps are constructed in such a way that flanking and all kinds of actions are impossible behind the enemy line, due to gray zone mechanics, so eliminating the specific marked landing places will completely eliminate para-functionality in the current Enlisted.

3 Likes

Full agree with the ideas.
I don’t know if paras need a nerf, but they for sure need to be made more realistic than current orbital droppods.

3 Likes

Even if AA and fighters spot the transports, they can’t fight them very well because there is no heading or even friend or foe markings.

Are the paratroopers properly implemented in Enlisted ?

Because in other games they can shoot during the jump :robot:

If transports spawn further away a plane can certainly fly close enough to them to know if they’re an enemy

Plus usually all it takes is a good look to figure out which plane is coming. Because every faction drops from a specific plane. AA guns have great zoom

So why can we directly get the heading mark when fighting attack aircraft?
Transport aircraft need the same marking.

3 Likes

Oh do you mean the target circle?

Personally I’ve thought that they should remove the targeting circle, as well as the tank pen reticle. Make things a little bit more immersive and a good way to teach us some skills

Hey look! A Kraut complaining about a Thompson with the big drum. When the only other drum Thompson in the entire game is in Tunisia. And I want a drum Thompson

1 Like

AMAZING
attackers 261 kill 56 death win in 10 minute DDAY against defence with 273 kill 54 death 10 vehicle kill. Its called broken mechanic nothing more : )

People need to stop dropping right on the point. It’s a death sentence 9 times out of 10 if the enemy team is even a little competent.

1 Like