Operations

Some form of minimum level for event admission is OK (it makes sure participants have some knowledge of the maps at least), but yes, in a ranked event equipment gap matters.

Maybe they should consider giving participants a fixed, pre-made squads lineup for the event; this would also give low level players a taste of what expects them later down the campaign.

But on the other hand, if they did so, most likely they would switch off XP gains in event matches.

1 Like

Two new features, two really bad ideas/implementations … They really shoudn’t go thru with the stats and leaderboard events in their current/mentioned form … but they will, cause they don’t seem to care about a healthy playerbase:

The leaderboard events will only cause ppl to use spineless tactics to win or ppl will straight up cheese the score to win so those will only hurt the game. Good example is Tunisia, it was already painfully one sided before, now, there’s no reason to play on the axis side. (If you want good scores just play on the winning side and spam bombers, tanks or smg squads, don’t help the team, don’t play the objective, kill the fun for anyone else)
Yes, this event doesn’t contain unique rewards, so it’s not distrupting the game balance that much, but if they offer something unique for the next based on leaderboard placement, it’ll be catastrophic. Leaderboards can stay, but DON’T tie rewards to placement.

The stat page is a bad idea too cause the reason why ppl don’t care about playing on the losing side is that it doesn’t matter anywhere (apart from xp gain), if the stats are shown it’ll only create elitism and further damage the game.
I’m really looking forward to comments like this: “Oooohh look, he only got like 20% winrate, he must be gar***e” or “Look, his KDA is low, must be a noob” (while the players using engineers to build spawn points to win, or using fighters to kill planes (hence low kill count), but those doesn’t matter)

3 Likes

excuse my English, I am Spanish.
I will be brief, please, enhance the tactical, historical and realistic side, it is the brand and the differentiation of this great game.
if you continue this climb towards the arcade and the competitive, everything will be ruined.

1 Like

some parts must be reworked for future competitive events like this one.

a set of batles like a qualification must be done first, that, already counts for the points.
state what and how can a player earn points

example:

better stats and more games played as player on rank 22, i m 85. tho. GG. was worth the time lol…
i was 13 the max i could got, but i kept playing, the more i played the less batleranking i had. even with better scores or even with wins.
didnt make any sence what so ever…

avoid a single win top 20 . wtf and how is that even possible.

also, disconnects shall counts as a loose and a game played. having more than 100% wins its pure bs. if i knew it, i would disconnect lost matches and kept my rank… what a stupid design it is.

overall, good move, wasnt impressed by the implementation. but hopefully isnt another halfbaked feauture …

if next event like this comes exacly like this one, i play 1 match spamming tanks and planes just for kills, and disconnect untill i get a win.

broken event, where, if i knew, i wouldnt had a single loose since disconnecting dont count.

for reference, next time, have the ranks start at 0 Points, and a win gives X amout of points , a loose or disconnect Y points… not some random high score that a single batle can be enough to win.

disconnections shall count as a loose.

3 Likes

Thanks for participating! We have collected a lot of statistics and will be preparing for operations with cool prizes. Follow the news!

While the idea of Operations sounds good and certainly helps to keep everyone distracted / motivated, there is two elements that troubled me a lot:

1. Limitation to 10 players per side. A lot of Enlisted’s charm in my point of view stems from the grand battle approach, where also tanks and air planes share their vital role in a battle.
    When it is 10vs10 and very much focused on bomb planting / defusing, having two tanks and and air plane on your team means only 7 can have a direct impact on whats going on at the objective.
    So the more people on the team using any vehicle, the bigger the liability. Which is sad, keeping in mind vehicles are an important part of this great game.

2. Was a matchmaking introduced for this game mode?
    In normal Squad based battles I usually arrive at 3-6K of EXP, nearly always being at the top or top2 in my team.
    As much as I liked the idea to get a silver weapon order for 3 wins, getting those silver orders twice (so 6 wins) required me at least 15-20 matches. So I guess 70-80% of matches were horribly lost.
    In contrast to the normal Squad game mode, very often I found myself in a team full of people ignoring the objective or quickly giving up pursuing it. So matches were virtually over = lost after the first 3 minutes, when the enemy felt comfortable to advance as close to our spawn as possible.
    If this is introduced to the main game, it will actually hurt you to excel at specific squads / vehicles and I will stop playing. It makes virtually no fun at all.

1 Like