New RANKED mode for more serious players

Honestly, it could be an interesting addition!
The only stipulation being that friendlies have an indicator on their map as well as above the mine itself to show that there are friendly mines in the area.

That would be too easy.

What I wanted to propose (Iā€™ll have to make a suggestion about it)

Is the addition of a new perk choice:

• mine detection.

A low cost perk that puts a marker over mines when getting close. Could have incremental radius if you can put many points in it.

Also, ap mines (and unused at mines) really require some animation to set, between 3-5 seconds. And not drop while running, that is just absurd (itā€™s a bomb, Jeez. Be careful Hans!)

I can agree with the perks but no arming time the game is too fast pace for that type of stuff

Iā€™ve made posts about it in the past. They were shot down, because run-and-gun players donā€™t want to ā€œhave to spend valuable perk points on something that doesnā€™t make them more effectiveā€.

Then the same needs to be said for grenades!

Why is it that grenades can be quick thrown, AT A DISTANCE, donā€™t trigger each other to detonate, and up to 3 be carriedā€¦ YET mines are limited to one per person, have to manually go to the location you want them to be placed (are not ranged), already take time to arm, AND can trigger one another to go off?

No objection here. I find impact annoying.

I see it done with all the grenades, not just impacts.

Ultimately, Iā€™d like to see grenades and mines be given more even balance. Since grenades excel in usage for offense, and mines excel in defense.

Especially in the suggested mode (and some points be in standard as well):

• BOTH should take a couple of seconds to arm before being thrown or placed

• BOTH should be able to have additional taken per character

• BOTH should be able to hurt teammates (in this mode)

• BOTH should be able to detonate/ chain reaction one another (no more popcorn effect with grenades)

Regular grenades already have a delay before throwing thought.

Itā€™s called ā€œcookingā€.

If you donā€™t, the enormous drawback is risking having it thrown back at you, which is really a big penalty when you think about it.

Also. Enemy grenades are ALWAYS visible. Thereā€™s always a marker over it.

Regular grenades are already in a good place. Impact and ap mines not so much, and should have some drawback to using them.

This is simple to overcome even without cooking though.
Land your grenade (frags) where it is out of range from them being able to throw it back, but still in range that it will kill them.

Not only that, but if you chuck it into an entrenched position, through a small window space or something, they are unlikely to throw it back in time.

Also, molotovs.

Maybe make binoculars do this job instead of perk let them when zoomed highlight AP and AT mines since binoculars are useless now

Thatā€¦ would really look silly.

Imagine taking out your binocs, when going inside a buildingā€¦

1 Like

It doesnā€™t need to be like that make it so that at a certain range from mine it detects them like a circle with a radius of 80 meters that means you can look at OBJ with relative safety and check for mines

Butā€¦

It doesnā€™t make any sense :laughing:

X ray binocs with hyper zoom and auto detection that can safely detect hazardous devices inside buildings while outside!

Yeahā€¦ no.

1 Like