New radio operator command: Supply crate drop

Im not sure but maybe this decision was done. Also there is a notice on the next login if your game was crashed due sound mods.

Speak for yourself, radio operator don’t work on my account

I don’t want to sound like a malcontent, but it’s kind of a downgrade for engineers, considering they have to spend build points on setting up ammo crates while para drops- as I understand it- will be free and thus unlimited.

Free, BUT!

• Can only select a rough location with the minimap (like paratroopers)
  • cannot get it inside… not ideal in cap zone defense
  • cannot be spammed much as there is a timer
  • gives position because paradrop stuff fall so slowly after the multiple nerfs.

So. Engineers will remain MVP

1 Like

Especially since engineer are all about rally points, not ammo boxes.

1 Like

yep ammo is just a part of engineer not their main function (imo anyway)

3 Likes

Engineers can simply do everything. Jack of all trades.

• can build rallies.
  • ammunition
  • can take out any vehicle with AT
  • can nuke planes laughingly easy wit AA
  • can fortify cap zones
  • can support the team with area denial using mg, Hmg & ampulomet
  • can dig holes like a dwarf.

I sincerely doubt a random falling ammo crate will diminish their use.

Note: ppl won’t use paradrop ammo crate much. Because it locks your radiomen from calling arty and players are only about “Ze KiLlS”

4 Likes

I don’t mean engineer squads, I mean the soldier class, where you can’t set up AT guns, AA and MGs. Let’s face it, the valuable ammo crates are set up close to the frontline, where you’re constantly under threat and you’re easily killable while building. Radio squads are the ultimate “sit in the back, drop strikes and snipe in the mean time” units, and now they’ll also be able to drop ammo to any point on the map without any risk to themselves.

Also, 30 seconds cooldown seems very, very short, considering on a maxed out radio squad you can drop arty every 90 seconds or something like that.

It’s 2 minutes WHEN maxed. Also why nobody ever uses smoke barrages anymore… :confused:

It’s 2 minutes if you don’t count the first strike that you dropped being active.

Nice! You just made one of my wishes come true :slight_smile:

Please make grenades and mines refillable as well. This is something I really miss in all ammo boxes.

I used to love doing just that in BF2 to snipers. Lmao