New Missions and Dynamic Weather for the OBT Launch

With the launch of the Open Beta Test we’re adding some new battlefields to Enlisted! Take a look at the new and modified missions in both the “Battle of Moscow” and the “Invasion of Normandy” campaigns. Including a brand new mission with the first introduction of the dynamic weather system!

BATTLE OF MOSCOW | FORTIFIED DISTRICT

A frozen battlefield with a massive fortification line at the riverside. Do not expect an easy crossing - the ice is shattered with numerous artillery strikes and watched over by a bunker equipped with machine guns and lots of cover surrounding it. This bunker holds the capture point for this particular mission, and taking it won’t be easy! However, this location is the first to test our dynamic weather system: A blizzard, which changes intensity constantly, temporarily masking the attackers’ approach.

However, this location is the first to test our dynamic weather system: A blizzard, which changes intensity constantly, temporarily masking the attackers’ approach.

INVASION OF NORMANDY | THE COLLEVILLE FARM

When fighting in the trenches or around the countryside, one needs to be very careful. Checking every window frame and treeline - or risk losing your entire squad in a single blast! Take initiative and seize the heights. The Windmills here offer a wide view of the battleground, and double up as a perfect spot for sniping.

NEW MISSION MODES

As per your requests, we are adding the “Invasion” mode for the Ruins of Vaux and Swamp of Reviers in the Normandy campaign, as well as returning the “Assault” missions for the “Battle of Moscow” campaign!

18 Likes

Oh man, the dynamic weather sounds epic!

10 Likes

It feels great to finally be able to tell “wow, this is what I came to Enlisted for”.
Screenshots from the new Moscow map look cool and climactic. It also seems to be an open map, so something we were asking for for a long time. Dynamic weather and snow blizzards in Moscow were highly requested too. Thanks for listening :slight_smile:
I also love the news about increased number of Invasion maps and finally, Assault will be back in Moscow :slight_smile:

But I have also a question - is that new map a new gamemode? Kinda looks like it from the describtion (single heavy fortified objective)
Second question: I stil see MG42 in bunker on the picture - any hint on when we can expect replacing of that placeholder?

4 Likes

I have only one singular concern this time: Nuclear blinding sunlight/sunlight favoring one side.

Please make sure that the position of the sun can not directly face one side or the other, like you tend to see in War Thunder.

Other than that, this all sounds and looks great!

10 Likes

More invasions are great and welcome (hopefully, there will be just enough to lower amount of generic domination modes…that i sincerely hate in squads mode), but only one assault per campaign is not enough and this gamemode should be more expanded.
Also, experimenting more with weather can only be a good thing as long as it will not affect one side too severely (we already have issues to see anything inside wer-sur-mer church and some other houses)

3 Likes

How? XD
All I can see is a bipod.

You can see also the same Trommel magazine. (Sure, it could be present on MG34, but I assume that it is rather still the same model as we have now). Anyway, every attempt to get some more information is worth it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only ask to have the glare toned down because that isn’t how the sun works lmao

Other than that I have no issues whatsoever and am very excited to see this

2 Likes

I thought it’s face or a hand. But patronentrommel makes much more sence :smiley:

Thank you so much, I have to ask when are allies getting different mg placements, I hope m1919 not Bar, bofors for AA, not sure about soviet stuff…

those maps are really looking great!.

can’t wait to test them :smiley:

2 Likes

I think it was promised that OBT will also get rid of MG nest placeholders.

3 Likes

For now, the familiar three-dot modes are used here. just the third point is a controversial point. She’s in the bunker.

We will, of course, replace Mg where it is needed.

5 Likes

Cool.

We will try to choose a time of day on the map so that the sun does not interfere. But we cannot accidentally expose it in the sky.

Sun, moon, their position in the Enlisted engine is realistic and corresponds to what you see outside the window.

10 Likes

Just dial back the lens flare, my dude.
It looks like that great big nuclear fireball is right next to you in game if you look in its direction.

2 Likes

me likey

At least devs read my suggestion

2 Likes

but one more thing

Since we are talking about maps, are these maps finally going to be BIG and OPEN

2 Likes

Lovely

3 Likes

Finally. something positive new content is coming!
And finally, there’s actual snow and coldness in game to represent the one of record low temperature winter in Moscow. (though, still no ice on the river)

2 Likes