New hit decals on vehicles

As we prepare for this year’s first major update, we’re going to begin our developer diary series by telling you about Enlisted’s visual improvements. Or even better, we’ll show you!

We have radically redesigned the decals of hits on vehicles. Depending on the angle of impact, caliber and force of the shell, the effects of hits will appear differently on the armor of your tanks, armored cars, APCs and other vehicles. Much more realistically and in greater detail than before!

Did a HE shell explode? Shrapnel will leave marks on the hull. Hit by a powerful tank shell? It’ll create a massive hole. Lots of new details!

Fighting against armored vehicles is a big part of the fun when playing as infantry. With the release of the upcoming update, you will clearly see the results of your efforts.

We’re taking your feedback into account as we continue to work on making important changes, like changes to the visual recoil of weapons, as well as many other changes.

Want to help your favorite game?

Add Enlisted to your Steam wishlist - more of your future combat-in-arms will know about it.

41 Likes

Nice and all that but still no standard army decals?

24 Likes

Pretty cool. But I’ve never seen anyone ask for something like that. Unlike changeable camouflage for premium vehicles and APCs, or classic decals like the star for American tanks, the cross for Germans, etc…

26 Likes

Cross/star decals and random turret numbers on tanks?

That’s literally bare minimum for any WW2 game.

Also adaptive camo by default? Dark yellow for Tunisia and white for Moscow?

Actually, none of this will matter anyway because the Devs are still actively destroying their Stalingrad by Tiger 2s and RPDs.

10 Likes

So when are we getting the Balkenkreuz, the Red Star, and the Invasion Star?

17 Likes

Can we get better tank death animations? The turret could go flying and wheels/sideskirts should come off.

5 Likes

planned

39 Likes

Wow! Thanks a lot for info. That made my day so much better.

1 Like

Great, but isn’t there anything else you can improve? Like gameplay stuff?

2 Likes

Very nice details, but I don’t think that it’s important since tank v tank combat takes places in fairly large distances so players can’t see these tiny details.
Checking your own tank for damage is also pointless since tank crew has X-ray vision with wrench in hand.

Anyway

3 Likes

It would also be nice if they added camouflages for event vehicles

3 Likes

That would be so nice. I have been wanting it since day 1

1 Like

Thanks.

Also adaptive camo is really needed.
Yellow tanks in Moscow are weird.

I hope the decals become the new default look and are simply “WW2”
800px-ArtImage_Pz.IV_J

Not “alt history prototype unique and brave purple hair snowflake” WW2

9 Likes

Its all fun and games until the Germans write censored X-terminator on their tank.

Honorable mention:
Japanese custom tanks

5 Likes

Looks nice, i like graphicy :+1:

Would love for other improvements though

• choosing shell types and numbers carried (like warthunder)
  • same for planes. Loadouts (warthunder)
  • adaptive camo (again, warthunder)
  • premium vehicle camo
  • warthunder has really large muzzle blast and smoke for tanks. Looks sweet
  • working hull gunners
  • option to spawn on another player as a hull gunner/plane tail gunner
7 Likes

WE NEED THIS

7 Likes

Yay! Great! We are getting WT-quality hit marks, love it

Just one detail that is concerning - does this vehicle really have such thick armor that 50mm or 75mm cannon shells cannot penetrate it? Seems like it, judging by these marks here

it probably something less than 50mm i think no way the armor that thick

Soon

2 Likes

Maybe not totally random - it would be perfect if there was a pool of numbers to be placed on every tank in the battle, and every number was used randomly, but only once on each tank used in a single battle. That would be almost unnoticable but mighty awesome if some dev coded it that way.

6 Likes