New Graphical Improvements

We continue to push for even more impressive visuals, while maintaining good performance. In the upcoming update, Enlisted will look even better, and you won’t even need to change the graphics settings.

Improved Reflections

Reflections will now take into account the roughness of the surface more accurately, making them more realistic. This will reduce the excessive specularity in certain cases, especially on weapons, but you will also notice the changes on locations too.

Additionally, we have significantly optimized the reflections and now the “High” quality looks so good that we no longer need the “Ultra” setting.

Improvements to Global Illumination

We continue to work on illumination as well. Just recently we released a massive update to it and we will implement further quality improvements in future patches.

We optimized and improved the “High” Global Illumination Algorithm setting, when the Quality slider is below the maximum, on lowest quality it’s significantly faster, while in the middle it’s in higher resolution, so the overall image quality is better. We improved the visibility on the “Low” setting by calculating multiple light bounces, so indirect light spreads more.

We also added high quality local tone mapping to “Medium” and “High” GI to make more use out of the feature (you can read more about this cool feature in our previous graphics devblog).

FXAA

Due to high demand, we added the ability to use FXAA on all graphics settings, not just on “Bare minimum”. Take a look at the difference between TAA and FXAA:

31 Likes

Stop teasing us!
We want the minor update already :sob:

13 Likes

There is more to show soon с:

19 Likes

Nice updates. I particularly like the new global illumination effects. Should make it easier to spot the enemy in the dark.

2 Likes

Honestly, while playing the test server, I felt like something weird happened to the light - when I saw how much the darker areas were lightened, it felt like the view flattened.

I think I can see why now, on this picture for example. The area I marked seems to have an artificially added overlay just to make it lighter.

I didn’t play test server on enough maps to get the overall vision of how the change will look like, but after playing in Berlin, I definitely didn’t like the new tone mapping. It was in the best state after the recent GI update - what happened in the test server feels like overdoing the recent changes.

1 Like

Sometimes using FXAA can cause flickering at the edges of moving objects.

1 Like

Still have some news today?

1 Like

Thanks for adding FXAA it was annoying that i had to edit ini file and put it on read only every time i reinstalled the game to have AA implementation that has way less ghosting and is slightly less blurry than awful TAA.

When you add the Mg-45 to the magazine and increase Kurz’s rate of fire to at least STG values

Before looks better than After :skull:

11 Likes

Just looks like one is just ever so slightly brighter than the other. Don’t understand the point to be honest

5 Likes

IMO TAA looks little bit better than FXAA

1 Like

Lots more news soon™. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very very soon™?

2 Likes

news on next TT additions?

2 Likes

TT Me 262 with 48 rockets, 4x30mm, 800kg bomb and 5 drop tanks when?
TT Jagdtiger when?
Event King Tiger 10,5cm when?

2 Likes

Nice! But still waiting for the announcement regarding the monthly event.

i bet it tomorrow or saturday

3 Likes

Nah dude I dont want to make others cry maybe BR2 or 3 stuff and a simple high-cap SMG

Thank you,Mr MajorSoon.

3 Likes