New class: paratroopers

That’s why You dig them with 500kg bombs instead

5 Likes

Fascinating idea, that 100 round Thompson looks menacing. Will other troops who were historically paratroopers, such as the Japanese Giretsu premium squad, be reclassified into their historical paratrooper class as well, or will this change be exclusive to new squads?

1 Like

They cannot obv, you’ll choose place of your drop on map. You will not play as plane.

I also do it out of spite on enemy fighters, when their planes are vastly superior to mine. Like Tunisia allies (impossible to out turn or outrun, if first “zoom” is missed).

Or on a big Beaufighter thinking he can spam our ground with rockets.

AA is my answer.

I just checked your last 3 replays. I only find people use AA gun when they are shooting at AI bomber. No people is willing to stay on it to attack normal planes.

given the fact that more planes will get introduced ( carrying paras ), i think they will pop up more now.

after all, more xps.

3 Likes

New map spotted in trailer, looking good

More looking forward to that

2 Likes

I’m thinking about when either the plane gets shot down on the way and the squad bails, or the landing zone is set at map borders and dispersion makes some soldiers fall out of bonds.

Because I’m assuming there’s going to be some kind of dispersion, lest all the squad magically hits the same 3x3m square better than a laser guided bomb.

The bombing run have air siren to notify you. I doubt paratrooper will be the case.
If many player unwilling to sit on the aa gun to wait and kill normal planes. I doubt they will sit on aa gun to wait for a paratrooper drop that have way less xp than bombing run.

1 Like

I notice people using AA guns quite often, but I use planes a lot. After I have taken out a grey zone tank camper a few times you can bet he will spawn an engy squad and build an AA gun from nothing in a few seconds and auto-hit me with no warning. But I’m not bitter.

2 Likes

Notice the cooling tower on the Pic.

Was it even a thing in France?

Also.

Screenshot_20230404_154146

It was per column after all

2 Likes

better add fallschirms Jaeger to the Germans then?

Yes the prices for some of these squads are overpriced, however the current international exchange rate between USD and CNY is about 1 USD to 7 CNY so that isn’t the devs fault.

Simple? Nope, painfully long marathon again!

For the paratrooper mechanism, like how Medics are, are not suitable for Enlisted intense and short TTK, also short squad life span. (1~2min lifecycle)
If I need to switch equipment, first of all, regular squads already have extensive role selection. If not, suicide to another squad. Spawn ticket cost? I dont care.

Also

Academy system is back?

1 Like

Please no

That apparently means paratroopers will be able to equip any kind of main weapon.

4 Likes

It’s 6.88 to 1, not 7 to 1. the extra 0.12 is eaten by greedy dev! WTF now I’m paying more than what I supposed to pay?
Also, CNY to USD can vary down to just 6.1CNY to 1USD. Setting it at peak price and never reduce price is F*ing outrageous.

Overall looks like a gimmic to sell some premium units. Especially with those guns.

I don’t see how a “kill me while I’m defenceless or I’ll build a rally near the spot everybody sees” squad is much of a use in current meta.

4 Likes

Instead of paying 60USD to reach out of bound area.
Why not try to let game spawn you direct outside battle area at first?

2 Likes

It’s funny how everyone is trying to be “that one smart guy”, yet basically doesn’t know anything about it. Never play with it etc etc.

1 Like

you guys can finally shut up about the german paratrooper uniform now